Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: SE pro tuner or FP 3  (Read 922 times)

hotrodfeguy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2008 CVO 110 UC
SE pro tuner or FP 3
« on: July 06, 2022, 03:21:43 PM »

I purchased a 2008 CVO 110 the previous owner post SE tuner had a dyno shop retune the bike south side of Milwaukee. Now the old tuner does not marry to the ecm. My question is do I just order a new box as mine now appears to be locked out. Or just go for a new FP-3 however the V&H site says fits all but 07-09 cvo :( anyone know if this is true ? I am not looking for the cutting edge of power.

The bike has a cam that is way beyond stock as it is right now it pulls hard past 6k  :o The bike smells way over rich. I assume the dyno guy wanted a all powerful number and didn't care if the bike is drowning in gas.

hawgzilla

• Full CVO Member
Re: SE pro tuner or FP 3
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2022, 03:37:51 PM »

Skip those tuners and consider TTS or Powervision.

gmeikle

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2008 FXSTSSE2

• CVO1: 2008 FXSTSSE2 Diamond Black
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2022, 03:29:38 AM »

No illegitimi carborundum

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 01:35:35 PM »

First choice would be Thundermax, Second would be the PowerVision. I live in Milwaukee and the last 2 tunes I had done on my bike SUCKED. Tired of dealing with "Dyno Experts" that empty my wallet and return my bike running worse than when I gave it to them to tune. I have the Screamin' Eagle Race tuner which would be great if I could find someone that knew how to use it. Call Fuel Moto and get the right tuner and program. They will take care of you. Those guys know what they are doing.

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2022, 05:13:58 PM »

I am very happy with my FP3. IF you are only changing pipes and a air cleaner or small cam it works great and I don't have to watch some all knowing tech beat the crap out of my bike for an additional 2 horsepower. V&H is also great if you call with a question regarding the combination you are trying to tune for. I would never go back to a software tuner.
But to each his own.

2smoke

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Softail Convertible
    • CVO2: 2012 Softail Convertible
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2022, 10:39:59 AM »

I totally agree. Simple mods like intake/ exhaust do not require custom maps built on dozens of dyno pulls. There are so many proven tuning devices out there that work great. Pick the one that you like best and purchase it from a reputable place that will provide tech support if needed. This way you can do it yourself and do it right.

hotrodfeguy

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2008 CVO 110 UC
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 12:31:25 PM »

I live in Milwaukee and the last 2 tunes I had done on my bike SUCKED. Tired of dealing with "Dyno Experts" that empty my wallet and return my bike running worse than when I gave it to them to tune. I have the Screamin' Eagle Race tuner which would be great if I could find someone that knew how to use it. Call Fuel Moto and get the right tuner and program. They will take care of you. Those guys know what they are doing.

Thats where my bike was tuned. I called the guy to ask what cam the bike had and he couldnt tell me. Even after he looked it up by vin.  >:( I since tore the bike apart to see what cam it has SE-257
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 12:34:35 PM by hotrodfeguy »

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 22 queries.