Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: HD Rockford Fosgate App  (Read 1939 times)

oe542bob

• Full CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7(traded)
    • CVO2: 2014 FLHTKSE(traded)
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHXSE(traded) ‘19 FLHXSE(traded) ‘21 FLHXSE
HD Rockford Fosgate App
« on: March 16, 2021, 02:16:24 PM »

Recently bought a ‘21 FLHXSE. Saw that there is an app to be able to fine tune/add speakers and such. Cool. Downloaded the app. Nice looking app too.
No instructions, just the app says “ My devices “ with a + sign in the upper right corner. Last night I turned on the radio, opened the app, hit the +, and nothing! Hmm, paired my phone thinking maybe it had to be paired. Phone paired quickly but it did nothing for connecting to the app.
Called Rockford Fosgate about this. They gave me a 800 number to call HD.
Turns out that you need a dongle ($117.82) which is back ordered, and a wiring harness which there is no price available and it will not be available till maybe June 15th.
$117.82 for a Bluetooth dongle is utterly ridiculous. No where in the app before you download it does it say anything about additional parts needed.
I’m a little ticked off about this, but at least I have another nice looking but useless app on my phone!!  :smilie_daumenneg: :smilie_daumenneg: :nixweiss:

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
Re: HD Rockford Fosgate App
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2021, 07:20:44 PM »

Recently bought a ‘21 FLHXSE. Saw that there is an app to be able to fine tune/add speakers and such. Cool. Downloaded the app. Nice looking app too.
No instructions, just the app says “ My devices “ with a + sign in the upper right corner. Last night I turned on the radio, opened the app, hit the +, and nothing! Hmm, paired my phone thinking maybe it had to be paired. Phone paired quickly but it did nothing for connecting to the app.
Turns out that you need a dongle ($117.82) which is back ordered, and a wiring harness which there is no price available and it will not be available till maybe June 15th.
$117.82 for a Bluetooth dongle is utterly ridiculous. No where in the app before you download it does it say anything about additional parts needed.
I’m a little ticked off about this, but at least I have another nice looking but useless app on my phone!!  :smilie_daumenneg: :smilie_daumenneg: :nixweiss:
Always have to pay the Harley tax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

JC

• Full CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE SUNSET ORANGE/SUNSET BLACK FADE
    • CVO2: 2007 Flhtcuse Sold - 2011 Flhxse sold
    • CVO3: 2015 Flhxse ultraviolet blue/molten lava flames Sold
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2021, 07:38:59 PM »

I found out the same thing today. If you buy the P&A kit it is included with the needed harness but not on the CVO's with the factory installed systems. After 14 years of owning nothing but CVO's I'm really not surprised.

Glenncarp

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2021, 10:59:49 AM »

And this is why Harley is becoming a dinosaur. They do not think of the end user, they create cool apps and features, but then make you pay boat loads of extras for them.  They are going to go bankrupt and this will be part of the issue.

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2022, 06:45:10 PM »

Does anyone know the part number for the Rockford Fosgate Bluetooth Dongle and wiring harness?

I have a 2022 CVO Trike with the Rockford setup.

WildClyde

• Full CVO Member
  • 2016 FLHXSE
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2022, 10:19:17 PM »

Bob sent a PM to me with the part numbers for the Rockford Fosgate dongle and cable.

here’s the part numbers they got me.
Dongle # 41000771 $117.82
Bluetooth Dongle wire harness # 69202641 $36.67
Dual Lock 3M Mount (2) # 76434-06 $5.58 for both

My dealer tells me that the dongle may only work with one amp ie if you have multiple amps you may need a dongle for each one.

Threephase

• Elite CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Streetglide Starfire/Atomic Red
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2022, 11:09:02 AM »

Thats where I draw the line. I am a one dongle guy. I think more more than one dongle would make riding uncomfortable.
People call me Left. Because I ain’t Right.

josharmour

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2022, 12:04:16 PM »

I just had both of the subs installed in my 2021 CVO Road Glide.

They gave the bike back and said that they couldn't find the Bluetooth Dongle Harness (Part 69202641) and didn't even know it was needed until they got into it.

The bike sounds awesome but I can't use the Rockford App now, even though I did pay for the actual Dongle :(  Its just some dumb harness.  Issue is that no dealers seem to have it at all.  They are trying to find it.

Anyone know where to get this part?  The Harley Website doesn't even find the part number (normally if something is backstocked it will at least show the part)..

It's part 14 on this page: https://serviceinfo.harley-davidson.com/sip/service/document/1657827931113992508?locale=en_US

josharmour

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2022, 12:00:18 PM »

I still haven't been able to source this harness part.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to complete my install?

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2023, 09:01:04 PM »

I still haven't been able to source this harness part.  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to complete my install?

Might be a long shot but hopefully closer than where you are with this, I’d contact Rockford since they built the RF system for the MoCo
https://rockfordfosgate.com/motorcycle/
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Page created in 0.349 seconds with 21 queries.