Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Author Topic: Soundz Carbon System  (Read 3127 times)

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

Soundz Carbon System
« on: February 10, 2022, 07:37:31 PM »

Hey Guys... So I got a Soundz Carbon System installed into my '18 CVO Street Glide Today. 6 Speaker (fairing, lowers, lids). I also got the upgraded GTX Boom HU. For you  guys that have done Soundz, what are your impressions?

I'm going to be honest... I'm kind of underwhelmed. Don't get me wrong, it sounds much better then the Boom II System that came in the bike, but for the money I guess my expectations where a bit higher. I was playing Amazon Prime HD Music, connected via the USB over Android Auto. I was playing music I listen to frequently... (Linkin Park, AC/DC, Metallica, etc...) If I turned the system up anything past 1/2 volume it really began to just sound like very loud distorted music. It's winter here in  WI, so I wasn't outside riding, I was sitting in my garage where my bike is parked for the winter under the stairs that go to the top of my garage.

I thought this system came with a DSP? The installer came to my house to install the system. I checked in on him once and a while. I don't recall him installing a DSP.. and I forgot to ask. I did see him messing with what I assumed to be the gains on the amp. He also told me not to use the Speed Control Volume as it would void the warranty. If you are using it and have the system turned up... then take off the SCV could turn up the system enough to blow speakers.

Are my expectations just simply to high? Do I need to wait until I'm out riding to make any real judgements?

Just curious your thoughts. The installer did tell me he'd guarantee I'd be happy and if I wasn't he'd put my OEM system back in and refund my purchase.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
Re: Soundz Carbon System
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2022, 12:28:53 AM »

I love my soundz system. Make sure you did get the DSP.   The DSP lets you fade the music front to rear also.  and that he set up the amp properly.  You can call Joe in fla for help. No reason you shouldn't be delighted with the amp, DSP and their speakers. The installation is critical. Stuart.    Also the  GTS radio should be flashed. 

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2022, 12:56:12 AM »

absolutely should not be distorting and 1/2 volume! Something not right as the system should be able to handle crazy high volume especially if you are listening in your garage. System meant to be clear wearing a FF helmet on the freeway at high speed being crystal clear
Alan

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2022, 06:22:10 AM »

I will validate if a DSP was installed, but I don't think it was.

What do you guys use for for streaming source? I have used Pandora forever and I keep it set to Highest Quality and I have an Android phone. Installer seemed to really frown upon not using Amazon Prime Music and an iPhone.

The HU was flashed, that I know...

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2022, 07:18:03 AM »

I use a USB drive mostly. I'm thinking the amp is not properly set.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2022, 07:43:10 AM »

So I did email him last night after playing around with the system. As mentioned my bike is stored for winter, so as he was installing the system and setting it, tuning it, etc... and while I was playing around with it, the bike was never running. He responded to me and asked me to  make sure the battery was fully charged and try playing the same songs. Said he thinks maybe my battery drained low enough to cause the amp to not function properly. I don't know... I have it hooked back up to my tender, so I'll try tonight after work, but I highly doubt that is the issue. It was hooked up to my tender all winter so far and fully charged before he started his install.

I just emailed him this AM asking about the DSP. I don't believe one was used. I told him, I wanted the  "top of the line", meaning Carbons, best AMP, DSP, etc... so if one wasn't used, I'll have to ask him why. He did tell me if I was not completely satisfied he, he'd take the Soundz System back out and put the Boom II System back in at no cost and refund my purchase.

He did upgrade the Boom Box HU from  the 6.5 to the new GTX. I'd 100% keep that, as that is night and day on boot and connect times to BlueTooth, not to mention Android Auto.

I put a Biketronics System in my '09 Ultra back in  the day and honestly, right now... I think that sounded better.

I did just get a response back from the installer and he did send me a pic and verified that there was a DSP installed. He actually said that Soundz requires it with the Carbon's system. So Ya, I'm not sure what's up, but i'm very underwhelmed with what I'm hearing sitting in my garage. It's louder for sure, but quality at louder volumes is minimally better then what the Boom II is sitting still in the garage. Actually the Boom II even had a bit more bass to it.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 08:15:26 AM by jamala00 »

Mofo67

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NC

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2022, 09:14:09 AM »

I have no experience with Soundz systems and the bike audio experience I have other than BOOM is J&M about 10 years ago. My first suggestion would be check the output level on your streaming device. I use Apple Music and I’ve noticed if I turn the output up on my phone it is not as clear on radio when it is at higher volume.
Other than that check the gains on the amp and settings on the DSP.
Sorry to hear you are disappointed, I know you’ve been planning for this… Hope it works out!

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2022, 10:09:24 AM »

I'm in contact with the Soundz Dealer/Installer... I'm going to mess around with it this weekend. He did set the gains and DSP... I'd hope that stuff is set right. I can for sure mess with the volume on my phone when streaming bluetooth, but when connected to the USB via Android Auto, that output volume is just set I believe? I've never tried turning the volume on the phone done in any of my autos when connected to them via USB using Android Auto.

Maybe I just had higher expectations? To bad there isn't someone around me that has a Soundz system that could listen to mine and tell me if I'm just being to damb picky. The system is most definitely better then the Boom II, but "for me" I don't think $3800 better.. No Way...
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 11:03:55 AM by jamala00 »

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2022, 10:58:02 AM »

I have a 2019 CVO Limited and had the four speakers replaced with the carbon speakers, DSP and the bike came with the GTS, the installer also came to my house to do the install, I asked him about flashing, he said it wasn't needed on my bike  :nixweiss: I stream Pandora most of the time or a flash drive when I have no cell service, I have noticed that some music does not sound good, but most others do, I have no problem riding on the highway at 70 mph with a half or full face helmet and hearing the music clear as can be, some music is pretty bright with the carbon speakers, but I would have to say I'm satisfied with the system and there service, shortly after I had it installed, all of a sudden it made a loud noise and nothing came through the speakers, I called Soundz and they had one of there techs call me back, he walked me through where to find the issue and the DSP went bad, they sent me a new one the next day, so I'm looking at the old one and unsnapped the box, it was full of water, your very limited on where to place that, because of the CB and the Whim, so on the new one I used electrical tape and taped up around the seal of the box and turned it where the wires are coming out on the bottom and sealed around those as well, I have not had a problem with it since. The installer also said to keep the auto volume off as well.

I'm sure they will figure it out on your bike, there service is great! 
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2022, 11:07:24 AM »

I do agree that their service is great. This local dealer/installer I'm working with is willing to do anything to insure I'm happy. Even if that includes refunding my purchase and swapping the system back out to the Boom II equipment.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2022, 11:59:28 AM »

I don't think your expectations are too high at all.  Being a Music file myself, I heard their systems at Sturgis last year and after factoring in the cost which I was ready to absorb, I couldn't justify it.  It is better than stock, but not enough "Soul" and could use much better bass for that cost to justify ripping out my 6-speaker stock system which isn't great, but gets the job done.
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2022, 12:34:45 PM »

I don't think your expectations are too high at all.  Being a Music file myself, I heard their systems at Sturgis last year and after factoring in the cost which I was ready to absorb, I couldn't justify it.  It is better than stock, but not enough "Soul" and could use much better bass for that cost to justify ripping out my 6-speaker stock system which isn't great, but gets the job done.

You said it perfectly... This is pretty much spot on with how I feel. Yes, it's better then stock, but not that much  better to  justify the price tag of what I had installed. I wish I would have had a way to hear it first. If i did, I would have never had it installed.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2022, 09:03:41 PM »

I would call soundz in FL. Talk to Joe. Are you sure the gains and settings are correct?  This step must be done along with setting the switches properly. That is some of the best Mc audio on the market.
No good reason you should not be so happy with it. Stuart
« Last Edit: February 11, 2022, 09:05:49 PM by Cvostu »

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2022, 09:21:03 PM »

I would call soundz in FL. Talk to Joe. Are you sure the gains and settings are correct?  This step must be done along with setting the switches properly. That is some of the best Mc audio on the market.
No good reason you should not be so happy with it. Stuart

The dealer/installer that did my system said he has done hundreds of these systems. He actually goes to the Soundz booth at Sturgis to do installs. I'd sure hope he's capable? (He sure seemed like he was) I can certainly call Joe at Soundz in FL, but wouldn't he just go through the dealer/installer to troubleshoot or fix anything that maybe isn't right? Maybe the issue is it's doing exactly what it should be, but to my ears it isn't sounding like I think it should for a $4000 System. People may call me crazy, but the Boom II system "to me" (and the rock, alternative) music I listen too, sounded better with the bike sitting still in the garage then the Soundz does. Yes, the Boom II has issue at hwy speeds, but a large majority of my riding, it seemed to do the job. I  just thought I'd make it "better". To me, it doesn't sound $4000 worth better. I had much higher expectations for that kind of money.

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2022, 09:39:07 PM »

i upgraded my 16 RGU with soundz , amp, dsp & 4 iron 65 speakers (witch sound better to my ear) and would never go back to stock. of course i didnt have much to start with and my system only cost 2500 bucks installed. sorry your disappointed  :nixweiss: 
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 09:54:27 PM »

i upgraded my 16 RGU with soundz , amp, dsp & 4 iron 65 speakers (witch sound better to my ear) and would never go back to stock. of course i didnt have much to start with and my system only cost 2500 bucks installed. sorry your disappointed  :nixweiss:

Thx..! appreciate it. It seems the more I talk to people and read the more I just realize everyone's ears are simply different and like different things. I'll get it figured out
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 04:27:09 PM by jamala00 »

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 12:07:35 AM »

Ya know just thinking here...Sitting parked in your garage, they all to me sound pretty good and fairly close. Even the stock stuff is OK. The test is when you get out and you are riding 70-80 mph. That's when you can appreciate a good upgrade. Doesn't seem like you have been able to get out on the road yet. Let us know what you think when you get to do that. Might just change your mind.  Stuart.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 06:34:41 AM »

Ya know just thinking here...Sitting parked in your garage, they all to me sound pretty good and fairly close. Even the stock stuff is OK. The test is when you get out and you are riding 70-80 mph. That's when you can appreciate a good upgrade. Doesn't seem like you have been able to get out on the road yet. Let us know what you think when you get to do that. Might just change your mind.  Stuart.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do that. The Soundz system is coming out. Before I ever had it installed I had worked out a deal with the dealer/installer, that if I wasn't 100% satisfied with it, he'd swap the systems back and refund my purchase. This is not a Soundz guarantee, this is just something the local Soundz dealer here and I worked out. I tried every scenario he asked me to. Amazon Prime HD Music streaming Android Auto, not Bluetooth, make sure the battery was fully charged, and bike running. Play a good 6-10 songs at 1/2 volume to "warm up" the system, play the music outside and in the garage. To me the Soundz Carbon system is very loud. I have no hesitation that you'd be able to hear it at 100mph on the hwy. It pounds the mids and highs. It's not a rich full sound, even when parked in the garage. It wasn't what I expected and isn't what my ears like. The Boom II sitting still in the garage has fuller richer sound to it(To Me). I'm going to go to the Meet-N-Greet in June that the guys on HDF/Audio forum are holding. I want to see and hear what they've done with their custom systems. How they sound. I tried aftermarket audio in my old '09 Ultra and now in my '18 CVO. I just never had good luck for what the stuff costs... I'm pretty much done with the aftermarket audio.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 07:11:00 AM »

OK. 😞

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2022, 11:44:58 AM »

keep us updated, i would like to know what and how your next system is and performs :  :2vrolijk_21: also the price point      thnx FF
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2022, 12:22:34 PM »

keep us updated, i would like to know what and how your next system is and performs :  :2vrolijk_21: also the price point      thnx FF

I will do that. It will be mid summer... As mentioned in a previous post... the HDF Audio guys are having a Meet-N-Greet over here by me early June. I'm going to go to that that get some ideas and listen to some good systems. I'll see where it goes from there.

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 07:05:32 PM »

I will do that. It will be mid summer... As mentioned in a previous post... the HDF Audio guys are having a Meet-N-Greet over here by me early June. I'm going to go to that that get some ideas and listen to some good systems. I'll see where it goes from there.

I am curious.  Where might that be and when?

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2022, 07:24:37 PM »

I am curious.  Where might that be and when?

This is from  the post on HDF. I can  update this thread as more details get posted on the other thread. I will get the address
of the guy who hosts it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting this started a little early for those who plan on attending and need to put in vacation time.

If you plan on attending this year the Midwest MNG will be held in Manitowoc Wisconsin June 23rd thru the 26th.

This will be the 6th year for the Meet and Greet.

Hotel accommodations will be added as the dates get closer.

FLHXHS

• 2020 FLHTKSE
    • BC

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE [traded - I miss her]
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 08:30:43 AM »

That sucks about the system. Maybe you had a one off bad amp or something..?

I've not heard Soundz but know they we're the belle of the ball when the GTS came out and the GT owners were pissed it wouldn't be backward compatible. Soundz figured it out and sold headunits. Harley-Davidson eventually made the GTS backward compatible. They also were the first with the WHIM bypass dongle. - So they're innovative.

Did they change out any components..? Did they come have a listen after your initial issues..?

I gave up on motorcycle audio - My 09 got the HU sent in to Iron Cross for their 'fix'. Then I bought the AVAquatics headunit [colour faceplate] for bluetooth audio. I still have the 09, but I later bought a '17 FLHXSE. Underwhelmed with Boom II and blew a rear speaker after two years.  :nixweiss: Seemed like a good reason to trade 'er in for my current 2020 FLHTKSE. Boom II IS better than Boom I. ha ha. But I run a SENA 30K and use earbuds. --https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/earphones/se846
My 09 I had two Hawg Wired systems. The Direct connect system and the reference system. They are pretty good and loud for two speakers. I'd consider them if I was doing audio, or like mentioned Biketronics.

I dunno - Audio is a pain to make it sound awesome at 80 mph. And if there wasn't a faulty component - or improper setting - $3800 should have made you smile from ear to ear!!

Good luck seeing what is going on at the M&G. I too am on that other forum...  8)

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 08:45:59 AM »

That sucks about the system. Maybe you had a one off bad amp or something..?

I've not heard Soundz but know they we're the belle of the ball when the GTS came out and the GT owners were pissed it wouldn't be backward compatible. Soundz figured it out and sold headunits. Harley-Davidson eventually made the GTS backward compatible. They also were the first with the WHIM bypass dongle. - So they're innovative.

Did they change out any components..? Did they come have a listen after your initial issues..?

I gave up on motorcycle audio - My 09 got the HU sent in to Iron Cross for their 'fix'. Then I bought the AVAquatics headunit [colour faceplate] for bluetooth audio. I still have the 09, but I later bought a '17 FLHXSE. Underwhelmed with Boom II and blew a rear speaker after two years.  :nixweiss: Seemed like a good reason to trade 'er in for my current 2020 FLHTKSE. Boom II IS better than Boom I. ha ha. But I run a SENA 30K and use earbuds. --https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/earphones/se846
My 09 I had two Hawg Wired systems. The Direct connect system and the reference system. They are pretty good and loud for two speakers. I'd consider them if I was doing audio, or like mentioned Biketronics.

I dunno - Audio is a pain to make it sound awesome at 80 mph. And if there wasn't a faulty component - or improper setting - $3800 should have made you smile from ear to ear!!

Good luck seeing what is going on at the M&G. I too am on that other forum...  8)

Hey FLHXHS... I've tested and did everything he's asked me to do. It's at the point now that it's just coming out and getting refunded. A couple of the guys on HDF Audio (as I'm sure you know) are dealers of other equipment. They'll have components there... They'll do the installs there too. If I hear something I like, I'll just have them do the install there during the M&G. A couple of the other local guys PM'ed me too and said they'd love to help me out. So, we'll see.

FLHXHS

• 2020 FLHTKSE
    • BC

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE [traded - I miss her]
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 10:41:16 PM »

Hey FLHXHS... I've tested and did everything he's asked me to do. It's at the point now that it's just coming out and getting refunded. A couple of the guys on HDF Audio (as I'm sure you know) are dealers of other equipment. They'll have components there... They'll do the installs there too. If I hear something I like, I'll just have them do the install there during the M&G. A couple of the other local guys PM'ed me too and said they'd love to help me out. So, we'll see.

Good luck then. I venture into _that_ audio section. They're pretty advanced audiophiles. That combined with the "I have $_____ to spend, what should I do..?" threads.

It's cool though, everyone has a thing - a subgenre per se within this Harley-Davidson madness. Audio, engines, rallys, touring, oil [ha ha]. For me now, it's long trips - and I quite enjoy the IBA rides. I do have to watch in the POD though...

Anyhow - waaaaay of topic now: I'm sure they sould have done some component swaps for you at that pricepoint - DSP or Amp..? May a backward wired speaker. [polarity].

See you round.
H - [HFS]

Chucker57

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2022, 04:50:29 PM »

You're one of the first people I have heard complain about SoundZ. Guessing you probably have something wrong with your system. Most can't say enough good things about SoundZ. I have a 6 speaker Carbon system in my bike and love it. Crystal clear at 80-90 mph. If you been talking with the audio guys that do audio competition that's a whole different ball game. Their bikes are setup for bass way beyond what SoundZ offers.. But bass is something you can't hear at highway speeds. So you have to decide if you want a bike for a parking lot or a bike to cruise down the highway with. I decided to not go with the audio shops because every shop I checked with had a different setup, seems unsure what worked together and lots of bike modifications. And found none with a good warranty. I ride my bike, need something weather proof, didn't want to cut up my bags and lids. My plan now is I'm going to also add a quick detachable tour pak with quick disconnect power plug and wiring. And run a sub or mid bass in it with another amp, to add some bass. For when I drive around town and go to events close to home. The bike audio thing has gotten very interesting. These competition bike are unreal with their setups.   

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2022, 06:23:42 PM »

You're one of the first people I have heard complain about SoundZ. Guessing you probably have something wrong with your system. Most can't say enough good things about SoundZ. I have a 6 speaker Carbon system in my bike and love it. Crystal clear at 80-90 mph. If you been talking with the audio guys that do audio competition that's a whole different ball game. Their bikes are setup for bass way beyond what SoundZ offers.. But bass is something you can't hear at highway speeds. So you have to decide if you want a bike for a parking lot or a bike to cruise down the highway with. I decided to not go with the audio shops because every shop I checked with had a different setup, seems unsure what worked together and lots of bike modifications. And found none with a good warranty. I ride my bike, need something weather proof, didn't want to cut up my bags and lids. My plan now is I'm going to also add a quick detachable tour pak with quick disconnect power plug and wiring. And run a sub or mid bass in it with another amp, to add some bass. For when I drive around town and go to events close to home. The bike audio thing has gotten very interesting. These competition bike are unreal with their setups.

I think it depends on what forum you are on as far as reading negative reviews about Soundz. There are a couple responses even in this post of guys who heard it and didn't like it. If you got it and it works for you... Hey, that is awesome. I think you are 100% spot on with exactly what you said. I think Soundz is good for what it is made for. A system that seems to me to be exactly what you said. Something that can be heard even when  you are going 80+ mph down the highway. That's not what I'm after. I would like something with a bit more softer, fuller sound. 90% or more of my riding these days is too and from work (In town) or cruising the back roads at 50-60 mph. Honestly the Boom II equipment worked for that. I just thought the Soundz would enhance that. Soundz is ear bleeding loud. All mids & highs. Even the Boom II had a bit more lower tone to it. No, I'm not after a parking lot competition system. I'll go to the HDF Audio Meet n Greet in June and listen to a lot of amps/speaker combos and see if I like anything. If not, I'll just leave well enough alone. I just was not happy for $4000 what I ended up with, with Soundz. That dealer/installer offered me the deal to swap the systems back and refund my money if I was not 100% satisfied. So I took him up on that. He actually just got done doing that.  I have to head to the HD shop and get the HU Flashed back to the Boom II system.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:55:39 PM by jamala00 »

Chucker57

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2022, 08:24:03 PM »

Yes the SoundZ systems are not cheap.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2022, 10:07:47 PM »

Pete has done 3 bikes for me. I go back with him since 2012. I have 2cvo road glides with His amps and carbon speakers. His quality and service is second to none. I am very happy with his systems. I need to be able to hear and enjoy my music at any speed and it always comes through. Until this post I have not heard one negative response about his audio. If you think stock boom stuff is better, you might want to stick with that. Unless you want to have more than one amp on board and a big driver in the bags, I'm not sure if if you will ever find what you are trying to accomplish. I want a stock look all around and don't want to give up any more bag space. Just my. 02...Stuart

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2022, 06:14:22 AM »

Pete has done 3 bikes for me. I go back with him since 2012. I have 2cvo road glides with His amps and carbon speakers. His quality and service is second to none. I am very happy with his systems. I need to be able to hear and enjoy my music at any speed and it always comes through. Until this post I have not heard one negative response about his audio. If you think stock boom stuff is better, you might want to stick with that. Unless you want to have more than one amp on board and a big driver in the bags, I'm not sure if if you will ever find what you are trying to accomplish. I want a stock look all around and don't want to give up any more bag space. Just my. 02...Stuart

That's awesome... I'm glad you are happy with Soundz. I will say if you venture into other forums, you will find other opinions on Soundz. Either way, it's not what I am trying to debate. I don't know if I'll find what I'm after either, but I'm going to listen to a bunch of other systems before I make a decision to go with anything else. I will never make a decision to spend $4k on audio again unless I hear the same system on a bike first. If I don't find what I'm looking for, I'll just leave well enough alone. As mentioned previously, for 85% or higher of the type of riding I do, the Boom II stuff works. It's simply not worth it to me to pay $4000 for the other 15%. Maybe aftermarket audio just isn't my thing. (I'm ok with that)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2022, 06:36:18 AM by jamala00 »

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »

Any update on this? I have a 22 CVO RG and contemplating going with Soundz newest speakers (SE I think). I have had their systems in 4 bikes, going back when they used Focals. Anyone hear their new setup?

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2022, 03:20:08 PM »

I have not found anything worth spending thousands of dollars on. I'm also not comfortable hacking up my CVO to put in mixed match components that others have suggested. The only option around here by me if you don't do it yourself is a plug n play system from someone like Soundz or Rockford... I'm just leaving the Boom II stuff alone as I've found that 90% of the time it's good enough for me anyway.

Good Luck with your decision

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2022, 04:50:05 PM »

I have not found anything worth spending thousands of dollars on. I'm also not comfortable hacking up my CVO to put in mixed match components that others have suggested. The only option around here by me if you don't do it yourself is a plug n play system from someone like Soundz or Rockford... I'm just leaving the Boom II stuff alone as I've found that 90% of the time it's good enough for me anyway.

Good Luck with your decision

As I said a while back, I have Soundz and am happy with what I got, but I came across another vender that has a lot of YouTube videos on installs on Harleys, it may be worth checking him out, it's called Volunteer Audio, he seems to know what he's talking about, might be worth checking out.

https://volunteeraudio.com/

2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2022, 05:30:22 PM »

Ya... I recall watching his videos too when I was looking into audio for the bike.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2022, 08:54:03 PM »

NVS audio in New Jersey is another big time bike audio you tuber.  His systems look amazing.   I'm sure big $$. But something else to think about. Jay at Volunteer audio in Tennessee seems like to be on his game as well.    He's a really nice guy. I had a question on something and he called me right back. You do have choices. Depends on how what you are willing to spend and even travel to see these guys. Stuart.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2022, 08:58:13 PM by Cvostu »

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2022, 06:45:22 AM »

I heard Volunteer Audio at the Smokey Mountain Hog Rally.  Sounds very good.  Very clean audio at very loud volumes.  The install is very neat and clean also.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

Scott7d

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
    • IN

• CVO1: 2020 CVO Road Glide 117"
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2022, 03:57:32 AM »

I paid $1600 this past summer for a new stereo in my 2020 CVO Road Glide. That price included all components, installation, flash, and tune. I went with Ground Zero Yellow Baskets in the fairing and lids (upgraded to 6x9 in the lids) and a SounDigital 800-watt amp. It makes my old BOOM II sound like cell phone speakers. Even on the interstate the most I ever need to turn it up is with 6, maybe sometimes 5 hashmarks still showing if it's not a loud song. For $1600 all in, I'd even consider it a budget system. My remote locks still work in the saddlebags with the 6x9's (American Hardbags adapter) and looking at the bike, you can't tell anything was done.

Scott Matlock
Iron Butt Ride List

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2022, 05:12:01 AM »

There are tons of options out there and many have become way over priced. I was very pleasantly surprised by the Rockford Fosgate Gen 3 stage 2 system I had installed on my 2022 fltrk. Loud, clear, waterproof, 100% direct fit with no speaker adapters needed. This is from some one who’s done the focal systems on my last few bikes, just decided to try a different system this time.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]

Page created in 0.307 seconds with 21 queries.