Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Soundz Carbon System  (Read 3210 times)

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

Re: Soundz Carbon System
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2022, 09:54:27 PM »

i upgraded my 16 RGU with soundz , amp, dsp & 4 iron 65 speakers (witch sound better to my ear) and would never go back to stock. of course i didnt have much to start with and my system only cost 2500 bucks installed. sorry your disappointed  :nixweiss:

Thx..! appreciate it. It seems the more I talk to people and read the more I just realize everyone's ears are simply different and like different things. I'll get it figured out
« Last Edit: February 12, 2022, 04:27:09 PM by jamala00 »

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2022, 12:07:35 AM »

Ya know just thinking here...Sitting parked in your garage, they all to me sound pretty good and fairly close. Even the stock stuff is OK. The test is when you get out and you are riding 70-80 mph. That's when you can appreciate a good upgrade. Doesn't seem like you have been able to get out on the road yet. Let us know what you think when you get to do that. Might just change your mind.  Stuart.

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2022, 06:34:41 AM »

Ya know just thinking here...Sitting parked in your garage, they all to me sound pretty good and fairly close. Even the stock stuff is OK. The test is when you get out and you are riding 70-80 mph. That's when you can appreciate a good upgrade. Doesn't seem like you have been able to get out on the road yet. Let us know what you think when you get to do that. Might just change your mind.  Stuart.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do that. The Soundz system is coming out. Before I ever had it installed I had worked out a deal with the dealer/installer, that if I wasn't 100% satisfied with it, he'd swap the systems back and refund my purchase. This is not a Soundz guarantee, this is just something the local Soundz dealer here and I worked out. I tried every scenario he asked me to. Amazon Prime HD Music streaming Android Auto, not Bluetooth, make sure the battery was fully charged, and bike running. Play a good 6-10 songs at 1/2 volume to "warm up" the system, play the music outside and in the garage. To me the Soundz Carbon system is very loud. I have no hesitation that you'd be able to hear it at 100mph on the hwy. It pounds the mids and highs. It's not a rich full sound, even when parked in the garage. It wasn't what I expected and isn't what my ears like. The Boom II sitting still in the garage has fuller richer sound to it(To Me). I'm going to go to the Meet-N-Greet in June that the guys on HDF/Audio forum are holding. I want to see and hear what they've done with their custom systems. How they sound. I tried aftermarket audio in my old '09 Ultra and now in my '18 CVO. I just never had good luck for what the stuff costs... I'm pretty much done with the aftermarket audio.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 07:11:00 AM »

OK. 😞

fastfreddy

• 1K CVO Member
  • MY CVO
    • IA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE traded
    • CVO2: 2016 FLTRUSE
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2022, 11:44:58 AM »

keep us updated, i would like to know what and how your next system is and performs :  :2vrolijk_21: also the price point      thnx FF
SERGU aka the RENTAL ... never home & always broke...Thnx FF

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2022, 12:22:34 PM »

keep us updated, i would like to know what and how your next system is and performs :  :2vrolijk_21: also the price point      thnx FF

I will do that. It will be mid summer... As mentioned in a previous post... the HDF Audio guys are having a Meet-N-Greet over here by me early June. I'm going to go to that that get some ideas and listen to some good systems. I'll see where it goes from there.

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2022, 07:05:32 PM »

I will do that. It will be mid summer... As mentioned in a previous post... the HDF Audio guys are having a Meet-N-Greet over here by me early June. I'm going to go to that that get some ideas and listen to some good systems. I'll see where it goes from there.

I am curious.  Where might that be and when?

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2022, 07:24:37 PM »

I am curious.  Where might that be and when?

This is from  the post on HDF. I can  update this thread as more details get posted on the other thread. I will get the address
of the guy who hosts it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Getting this started a little early for those who plan on attending and need to put in vacation time.

If you plan on attending this year the Midwest MNG will be held in Manitowoc Wisconsin June 23rd thru the 26th.

This will be the 6th year for the Meet and Greet.

Hotel accommodations will be added as the dates get closer.

FLHXHS

• 2020 FLHTKSE
    • BC

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE [traded - I miss her]
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2022, 08:30:43 AM »

That sucks about the system. Maybe you had a one off bad amp or something..?

I've not heard Soundz but know they we're the belle of the ball when the GTS came out and the GT owners were pissed it wouldn't be backward compatible. Soundz figured it out and sold headunits. Harley-Davidson eventually made the GTS backward compatible. They also were the first with the WHIM bypass dongle. - So they're innovative.

Did they change out any components..? Did they come have a listen after your initial issues..?

I gave up on motorcycle audio - My 09 got the HU sent in to Iron Cross for their 'fix'. Then I bought the AVAquatics headunit [colour faceplate] for bluetooth audio. I still have the 09, but I later bought a '17 FLHXSE. Underwhelmed with Boom II and blew a rear speaker after two years.  :nixweiss: Seemed like a good reason to trade 'er in for my current 2020 FLHTKSE. Boom II IS better than Boom I. ha ha. But I run a SENA 30K and use earbuds. --https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/earphones/se846
My 09 I had two Hawg Wired systems. The Direct connect system and the reference system. They are pretty good and loud for two speakers. I'd consider them if I was doing audio, or like mentioned Biketronics.

I dunno - Audio is a pain to make it sound awesome at 80 mph. And if there wasn't a faulty component - or improper setting - $3800 should have made you smile from ear to ear!!

Good luck seeing what is going on at the M&G. I too am on that other forum...  8)

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2022, 08:45:59 AM »

That sucks about the system. Maybe you had a one off bad amp or something..?

I've not heard Soundz but know they we're the belle of the ball when the GTS came out and the GT owners were pissed it wouldn't be backward compatible. Soundz figured it out and sold headunits. Harley-Davidson eventually made the GTS backward compatible. They also were the first with the WHIM bypass dongle. - So they're innovative.

Did they change out any components..? Did they come have a listen after your initial issues..?

I gave up on motorcycle audio - My 09 got the HU sent in to Iron Cross for their 'fix'. Then I bought the AVAquatics headunit [colour faceplate] for bluetooth audio. I still have the 09, but I later bought a '17 FLHXSE. Underwhelmed with Boom II and blew a rear speaker after two years.  :nixweiss: Seemed like a good reason to trade 'er in for my current 2020 FLHTKSE. Boom II IS better than Boom I. ha ha. But I run a SENA 30K and use earbuds. --https://www.shure.com/en-US/products/earphones/se846
My 09 I had two Hawg Wired systems. The Direct connect system and the reference system. They are pretty good and loud for two speakers. I'd consider them if I was doing audio, or like mentioned Biketronics.

I dunno - Audio is a pain to make it sound awesome at 80 mph. And if there wasn't a faulty component - or improper setting - $3800 should have made you smile from ear to ear!!

Good luck seeing what is going on at the M&G. I too am on that other forum...  8)

Hey FLHXHS... I've tested and did everything he's asked me to do. It's at the point now that it's just coming out and getting refunded. A couple of the guys on HDF Audio (as I'm sure you know) are dealers of other equipment. They'll have components there... They'll do the installs there too. If I hear something I like, I'll just have them do the install there during the M&G. A couple of the other local guys PM'ed me too and said they'd love to help me out. So, we'll see.

FLHXHS

• 2020 FLHTKSE
    • BC

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHXSE [traded - I miss her]
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2022, 10:41:16 PM »

Hey FLHXHS... I've tested and did everything he's asked me to do. It's at the point now that it's just coming out and getting refunded. A couple of the guys on HDF Audio (as I'm sure you know) are dealers of other equipment. They'll have components there... They'll do the installs there too. If I hear something I like, I'll just have them do the install there during the M&G. A couple of the other local guys PM'ed me too and said they'd love to help me out. So, we'll see.

Good luck then. I venture into _that_ audio section. They're pretty advanced audiophiles. That combined with the "I have $_____ to spend, what should I do..?" threads.

It's cool though, everyone has a thing - a subgenre per se within this Harley-Davidson madness. Audio, engines, rallys, touring, oil [ha ha]. For me now, it's long trips - and I quite enjoy the IBA rides. I do have to watch in the POD though...

Anyhow - waaaaay of topic now: I'm sure they sould have done some component swaps for you at that pricepoint - DSP or Amp..? May a backward wired speaker. [polarity].

See you round.
H - [HFS]

Chucker57

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2022, 04:50:29 PM »

You're one of the first people I have heard complain about SoundZ. Guessing you probably have something wrong with your system. Most can't say enough good things about SoundZ. I have a 6 speaker Carbon system in my bike and love it. Crystal clear at 80-90 mph. If you been talking with the audio guys that do audio competition that's a whole different ball game. Their bikes are setup for bass way beyond what SoundZ offers.. But bass is something you can't hear at highway speeds. So you have to decide if you want a bike for a parking lot or a bike to cruise down the highway with. I decided to not go with the audio shops because every shop I checked with had a different setup, seems unsure what worked together and lots of bike modifications. And found none with a good warranty. I ride my bike, need something weather proof, didn't want to cut up my bags and lids. My plan now is I'm going to also add a quick detachable tour pak with quick disconnect power plug and wiring. And run a sub or mid bass in it with another amp, to add some bass. For when I drive around town and go to events close to home. The bike audio thing has gotten very interesting. These competition bike are unreal with their setups.   

jamala00

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2022, 06:23:42 PM »

You're one of the first people I have heard complain about SoundZ. Guessing you probably have something wrong with your system. Most can't say enough good things about SoundZ. I have a 6 speaker Carbon system in my bike and love it. Crystal clear at 80-90 mph. If you been talking with the audio guys that do audio competition that's a whole different ball game. Their bikes are setup for bass way beyond what SoundZ offers.. But bass is something you can't hear at highway speeds. So you have to decide if you want a bike for a parking lot or a bike to cruise down the highway with. I decided to not go with the audio shops because every shop I checked with had a different setup, seems unsure what worked together and lots of bike modifications. And found none with a good warranty. I ride my bike, need something weather proof, didn't want to cut up my bags and lids. My plan now is I'm going to also add a quick detachable tour pak with quick disconnect power plug and wiring. And run a sub or mid bass in it with another amp, to add some bass. For when I drive around town and go to events close to home. The bike audio thing has gotten very interesting. These competition bike are unreal with their setups.

I think it depends on what forum you are on as far as reading negative reviews about Soundz. There are a couple responses even in this post of guys who heard it and didn't like it. If you got it and it works for you... Hey, that is awesome. I think you are 100% spot on with exactly what you said. I think Soundz is good for what it is made for. A system that seems to me to be exactly what you said. Something that can be heard even when  you are going 80+ mph down the highway. That's not what I'm after. I would like something with a bit more softer, fuller sound. 90% or more of my riding these days is too and from work (In town) or cruising the back roads at 50-60 mph. Honestly the Boom II equipment worked for that. I just thought the Soundz would enhance that. Soundz is ear bleeding loud. All mids & highs. Even the Boom II had a bit more lower tone to it. No, I'm not after a parking lot competition system. I'll go to the HDF Audio Meet n Greet in June and listen to a lot of amps/speaker combos and see if I like anything. If not, I'll just leave well enough alone. I just was not happy for $4000 what I ended up with, with Soundz. That dealer/installer offered me the deal to swap the systems back and refund my money if I was not 100% satisfied. So I took him up on that. He actually just got done doing that.  I have to head to the HD shop and get the HU Flashed back to the Boom II system.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2022, 07:55:39 PM by jamala00 »

Chucker57

« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2022, 08:24:03 PM »

Yes the SoundZ systems are not cheap.

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2022, 10:07:47 PM »

Pete has done 3 bikes for me. I go back with him since 2012. I have 2cvo road glides with His amps and carbon speakers. His quality and service is second to none. I am very happy with his systems. I need to be able to hear and enjoy my music at any speed and it always comes through. Until this post I have not heard one negative response about his audio. If you think stock boom stuff is better, you might want to stick with that. Unless you want to have more than one amp on board and a big driver in the bags, I'm not sure if if you will ever find what you are trying to accomplish. I want a stock look all around and don't want to give up any more bag space. Just my. 02...Stuart
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 21 queries.