Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oil Cooler Cover  (Read 925 times)

RG13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Oil Cooler Cover
« on: February 20, 2022, 07:58:17 PM »

I have a 2018 RG CVO.  I ordered the Harley color matched Fairing Spoiler.  I have to remove the oil cooler cover that comes with the CVOs in order to install the new spoiler.  All the videos I've seen and pictures (RG Specials) show that to remove the cover you just have to pull if off.  It's basically attached with 2 rubber grommets at the bottom.  Mine however have these 2 little metal caps that I think were put there to prevent the grommets from popping off while riding the bike(?).  It looks like these metal caps that are crimped on have to be pryed  off, maybe with a little screwdriver.  I really don't want to break it.  Has anyone had any experience with this?  I'll attach a picture of the underside of my cover.

Phreakyz

• Elite CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: Current: 2019 CVO Road Glide Lightning Silver & Charred Steel With Black Hole
    • CVO2: Previous: 2016 CVO Street Glide Licorice/Cobalt
Re: Oil Cooler Cover
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2022, 12:19:20 PM »

They are just plastic.   On mine I carefully pulled the grommets off with the cover.

RG13

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NY

Re: Oil Cooler Cover
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2022, 12:34:45 PM »

Thanks for the reply.  You're right, they are just plastic.  I finally got it to pop off.  I was just concerned because most of the videos I saw, people were just popping them off easily.  I had to really pull on it.  But it did come off, with the grommets.  Thanks

Page created in 0.109 seconds with 21 queries.