Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 734472 times)

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #1590 on: May 26, 2008, 10:55:47 PM »

Here's one for a Monster sized party. Very good it is too.

Just based upon the name alone I am in...just too bad I can not be based upon location...Enjoy.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1591 on: May 27, 2008, 12:06:16 PM »

Hey Mike - that has to be one of the best Beer shots I have ever seen. Where the F*** was it taken?

Nige

Nige,

Not sure where it was taken - here is the website:  http://www.berklix.org/gea/beergardens/

Will look for Nessie's Monster mash & that Dogfish Head beer but not likely to find it locally.

:drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #1592 on: May 27, 2008, 08:54:15 PM »

ahhh, beer...

Only an active duty Marine could get away with this post

Atta boy Marine    :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D

B B

TheVgirl

• 1K CVO Member
  • Hold on bro! Life is one heckuva ride.

• CVO1: 2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black
    • CVO2: 2005 FLHTCSE2 Sunrise Yellow Pearl and Stingray Silver sold
« Reply #1593 on: May 27, 2008, 09:30:50 PM »

Is it Friday yet??   :drink:

No matter!  I'm still gonna have some Samuel Adam's Summer Ale!  I don't like Sam but I like his Summer Ale. :2vrolijk_21:
~TheVgirl~  2005 VRSCSE Two-tone Electric Orange and Black

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, but on a motorcycle you want to take the longest way to get there."  - Jerry "Motorman" Palladino

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #1594 on: May 27, 2008, 09:34:25 PM »

No matter!  I'm still gonna have some Samuel Adam's Summer Ale!  I don't like Sam but I like his Summer Ale. :2vrolijk_21:

Shame, I hear he's a nice guy.....
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #1595 on: May 27, 2008, 09:46:15 PM »

Enjoy...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1596 on: May 27, 2008, 10:32:15 PM »

Got some Kona Longboard for Friday - best to plan ahead.  Sam's Summer Ale is good, too. I like Sam, but I like his beer better!

:drink: :drink:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1597 on: May 29, 2008, 01:52:05 PM »

Redhook Longhammer this week lads!  Ima startin today too!

Miker

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #1598 on: May 29, 2008, 02:51:16 PM »

Tomorrow is payday and I have three weeks of empties to return.  I'll be doing some browsing and may even take a couple growlers too.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
U.S. Could lose the King of Beers
« Reply #1599 on: May 29, 2008, 11:54:49 PM »

A possible buyout of Budweiser's parent company by InBev of Belgium is tough to swallow for residents of St. Louis, home to the last big brewery majority owned and operated in the US.

The largest U.S. brewery has long been a point of pride as a hometown attraction. The company's massive red-brick brewery draws tourists from around the country to see the Clydesdale horse stables, brewing vats and Busch family memorabilia dating back generations.

Reports that the company might be purchased by brewer InBev of Belgium have residents worried they might lose a company as closely identified with St. Louis as the iconic Gateway Arch.

"St. Louis has gotten to the point where we have the brewery and the Cardinals (baseball team) -- that's it," said John Schute, owner of the Sage restaurant and bar just across the street from the Anheuser-Busch brewery.

Like many St. Louis bar owners, Schute is loyal to the hometown brewer. With the notable exception of Guinness Stout , Sage carries only Anheuser-Busch products on tap.

"They support us and we support them," he said.

Schute said his customers who work at the brewery have been nervous that an acquisition could mean job cuts. He worries InBev may not only lay off some of the company's 6,000 St. Louis employees, but also cut back on expense accounts, which Anheuser-Busch employees use for meetings and meals at his restaurant.

There's good reason to worry that InBev, which makes Stella Artois and Beck's, will make dramatic changes if the deal goes through, said Juli Niemann, an analyst with Smith Moore in St. Louis. While Anheuser-Busch has made strides to cut costs in the face of rising ingredient prices, InBev has a reputation for making new operations as lean as possible.

"The way InBev does it, they send in the surgeons and their scalpels are sharp. And they cut and cut," Niemann said.

Virtually every administrative job at Anheuser-Busch headquarters could be on the chopping block, she said. InBev would likely keep the company's distribution network in place and probably would not close the St. Louis Brewery to tourism that helps build the brand name, she said.

InBev has not yet made an official offer for Anheuser-Busch. But recent media reports have cited anonymous sources close to the European brewer who said the company was considering an offer of $46 billion, or $65 a share, for Anheuser-Busch.

If InBev makes such an offer, it could be too sweet to refuse for Anheuser-Busch shareholders, even if executives oppose the move. The stock closed at $55.13 on Wednesday and has traded as low as $45.55 this year.

"Nobody has seen $65 (a share) ever," Niemann said. "The stock has been as flat as two-year-old beer."

Anheuser-Busch has been struggling along with other brewers in recent years as consumers have turned to cocktails, wines and craft beers. Rising ingredient costs have further pinched profits. Other big brewers are consolidating to compete. Miller Brewing, the second-largest U.S. beer-maker, and No. 3 Molson Coors Brewing are planning to combine U.S. operations by midsummer.

If Anheuser-Busch is absorbed by InBev, many St. Louis residents worry the new company won't have the same dedication to charitable giving and supporting the city's cultural life. The brewer supports local festivals, including the downtown Mardi Gras parade and a new beer heritage fair in the city's Forest Park.

"Anheuser-Busch does more for the community than anyone knows," said Andy Lohr of Lohr Distributing, which distributes the brewer's products in St. Louis. Lohr was making the rounds earlier this week and said his customers have been abuzz with worries about a possible InBev purchase.

Schute said he is taking a wait-and-see approach. He laughed at the thought that the downtown Busch Stadium, home of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball team, might one day be renamed InBev stadium.

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

NukeIT

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #1600 on: May 30, 2008, 04:53:28 AM »

Tomorrow is payday and I have three weeks of empties to return.  I'll be doing some browsing and may even take a couple growlers too.

I just finished off a sixer of Petes Wicked Ale Strawberry Blonde and have to give it my seal of approval...
"It's not a bike, It's a lifestyle!"

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #1601 on: May 30, 2008, 08:27:07 AM »

Can we please have a moment of silence..... check this out.....http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=727c62b2-d0e0-4f50-bb50-e944f6e4dce1

Not a favorite of mine but BEER all the same!  :bigcry:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:

Hey Jim, looks like we're gonna have to stop at the Dinasour BBQ instead on the Adirondak ride  :nixweiss:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1602 on: May 30, 2008, 08:31:33 AM »

Can we please have a moment of silence..... check this out.....http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=727c62b2-d0e0-4f50-bb50-e944f6e4dce1

Not a favorite of mine but BEER all the same!  :bigcry:   :drink:   :drink:   :drink:

Hey Jim, looks like we're gonna have to stop at the Dinasour BBQ instead on the Adirondak ride  :nixweiss:

Very sad... :'(

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #1603 on: May 30, 2008, 08:55:50 AM »

Bud selling to InBev - not a big fan of their brews, but they do a lot for our community on a purely local level as well.  One of the grand daughters owns the local distributorship.

Too bad about the fire.

Kona Longboard Lager & Negra Modelo cold in the fridge for Friday beer thirty plans.  Or maybe Pilsner Urquell, depending on how the day goes.....

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #1604 on: May 30, 2008, 11:24:49 AM »

:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27: :vrolijk27:
Oh NO!  That wasn't on the local news here!  I liked a lot of the Saranac products.  What a shame.  I hope it comes back on line soon.  There's still a lot of beer left in the tanks that has to be accounted for.

GH, I'll be staying next Thursday night in Rome.  Going back to Syracuse for Dinosaur will take me almost 2 hours out of the way.  Want to meet in Utica for lunch anyhow?  That'll put us at the Shamrock at around 3.  I'll post an update in the Adirondack ride thread.  Thanks for the news.

Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 299

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 21 queries.