Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733137 times)

Finster101 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #1755 on: July 03, 2008, 11:25:19 AM »

OK, I'm friggin excited.  I got out of homebrewing several years ago because of the hassle of washing and filling bottles.  I have some neighbors who moved in down the street a couple years ago who own a wine making supply business.  They have beer making supplies because customers ask for it but they don't know anything about making beer.  I've been hanging out more and more at their house and discussing brewing and kegging homebrew.  Last night they GAVE me everything I need to kegerate my beer fridge.  I had my own dual stage regulator but they sent me home with a corny keg, a CO2 cylinder, the tap, drip tray, hoses, ALL fittings and adapters.  The trade off is that I help them when customers need help setting up their own systems.  All I have to do is fill the CO2 tank and drill a couple holes in the fridge.

They have a web site that accepts orders.  More than half their business is internet based.  Check them out at http://www.letsdowine.com/.  The proprietors are Steve and Wendy.

Jim,

That puckin phenomenal, congrats! now your on your way to production Brewing  :2vrolijk_21:

some tips I would like to share with you about setting up a beer fridge for home brewing from all my years of trial and error will hopefully make things easier for you than it was for me. The first thing you have to understand is that homebrew is not like tappin Miller Lite, home brew is very acidic and therefore will eat away at most commercial grade equipment. Whenever possible use Stainless Steel!!!!!!!!! all chrome plated brass hardware will corrode in a matter of months, don't waste your money.

1) the threaded shanks that go thru the fridge wall can be purchased in stainless, many home brew shops  carry them now, this is a must do

2) the tappers, most off the shelf commercial tappers are chrome plated brass and will corrode, don't waste your money and ruin your beer. You can now purchase all stainless steel beer tapers including all stainless steel  internal components, yes they are more money but after you replace the chrome plated ones once you will have spent more money than going with the life time stainless tapers. also there are two kinds of tapers, the traditional rear sealing and the new forward sealing design. the old style rear sealing taps tend to dry shut if not used on a daily basis, the new forward sealing design keeps the seal wet and will not dry itself shut if you don't use it for a day or two.

3) the Co2 gas supply, you can simply drill a hole through the fridge and pass a hose through for a simple solution but if you need to move your tank for any reason you are "hard wired" so to speak and you must remove the line from the regulator to move your tank. I found a corny fitting with an 1/4" Npt thread at the rear and hard piped it through the fridge so I can use the quick disconnet and uncouple it whenever I want.
you have to modify the fitting because it is the beer side coupling but thats easy to do. here is a link to the fitting http://www.hoptech.com/cart/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16369&category_id=279

here is the fitting with the faucet adapter removed

here is the fitting on the fridge

on the inside I used a distribution manifold with check valves to feed two kegs

note: the fridge pictures are old and not up to date, you can see that the tappers are plastic, as well as the shanks. (they are used for wine) this was the second attempt after pitching the chrome plated brass hardware, they lasted a little longer but the tips on the tappers were chrome plated inserts and corroded as well. I finally replaced everything with stainless steel, and everthing is worry free

Good luck Bro, and let me know if you need any help  :2vrolijk_21:  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 11:38:42 AM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1756 on: July 03, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »

Given a choice between this young lass and the CVO of my choice, I fear I'd have to pick the CVO

Why ?

This smokin hot young lady would be the death of me for sure.
There is no way I could possibly get enough saddle time with her.
24/7/365 would not be enough.  :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;) ;D :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange: :orange:

B B
     PS  Chip took this photo -- - - - right ?

Same reason I did not even look at suzukis or Yamahas - would love to ride them, but they would kill me for sure.....

Mike

Not sure who the photographer was - does the fridge ook like Chip's?     ;D ;D
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #1757 on: July 03, 2008, 12:46:40 PM »

PS  Chip took this photo -- - - - right ?

Well I damn well wish I had taken that picture!

Is there a fridge in that picture?  WHERE?

:nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1758 on: July 03, 2008, 12:47:57 PM »

Ssssh which one you bastids were at my "office"???? You know the "no camera" rule is always in effect there...
Speak up!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1759 on: July 03, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »

Ssssh which one you bastids were at my "office"???? You know the "no camera" rule is always in effect there...
Speak up!

Probably one of these gals...

BIGDOG

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM#9.51 and a half .3
« Reply #1760 on: July 03, 2008, 03:12:10 PM »

If your not liven on the edge , your taking up to much space!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1761 on: July 03, 2008, 03:33:50 PM »

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1762 on: July 03, 2008, 03:35:25 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Why men lose the remote!!!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1763 on: July 03, 2008, 03:37:41 PM »

Semper Fi!

Sean

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1764 on: July 03, 2008, 03:38:29 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1765 on: July 03, 2008, 03:39:09 PM »

:huepfenjump3:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1766 on: July 03, 2008, 03:39:46 PM »

:drink:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #1767 on: July 03, 2008, 09:23:37 PM »

To hell with Top Shelf Beer...give me the Bottom Shelf Everytime!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #1768 on: July 04, 2008, 10:00:04 AM »

:drink: :drink: :drink:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #1769 on: July 07, 2008, 01:19:46 PM »

Working out.

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 299

Page created in 0.56 seconds with 22 queries.