Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733434 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #1905 on: July 29, 2008, 07:43:58 AM »

Hey, that was me last Halloween!

I bet that was you in Key West on New Year's in 2004, too!

Damn - another fantasy shottohell.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #1906 on: July 29, 2008, 07:50:22 AM »

I usually drink LITE, due to the fact that we live in the middle of nowhere,  but I also prefer Negro.  For those of you that like red  beer, try a black and tan made with Guinnes and Killians.  Yum Yum :2vrolijk_09: :2vrolijk_09:

Debra

Some friends of mine just returned from a riding trip into Mexico - crossed back into the US in Douglas, AZ (Aqua Prieta). 

I live in the middle of nowhere, with trees. Lots of trees.  Around here people are now switching away from Anheuser Busch products (seriously) since they do not want to be seen drinking a Belgian (furriners!) beer.  Will try the Guiness & Killians black & tan sometime.

:drink:

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #1907 on: July 29, 2008, 01:54:02 PM »

I usually drink LITE, due to the fact that we live in the middle of nowhere,  but I also prefer Negro.  For those of you that like red  beer, try a black and tan made with Guinnes and Killians.  Yum Yum :2vrolijk_09: :2vrolijk_09:

Debra

thats a little more information than I care to know  ;)  ;D
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1908 on: July 29, 2008, 02:01:54 PM »

Debra

Gaaa!  Coors procust and the mothers mike of stouts, but hey, if thats what you like, swill away, I prefer Bass ale in my black n tan.

I have been swillin lots of Rogue American Amber...quite tasty.

Measurements: 13 degrees Plato, IBU 53, Apparent Attenuation 73, Lovibond 33.

Tawny amber in color with a coffee aroma and tight head. A delicate roasted malt accent, generous use of hops and a smooth finish. American Amber, originally known as Ashland Amber (created at Rogues original brewpub in Ashland, Oregon which was destroyed by flooding several years ago), is created from Northwest Harrington and Klages, 95-115 and 135-165 Crystal Malts. Kent Golding and Cascade Hops. American Amber is available in a 22-ounce bottle, 12-ounce 6-pack (new for 2005), and on draft.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #1909 on: July 29, 2008, 02:34:16 PM »

I just gave away a 6 pack of Killians that somehow found it's way into the fridge.  Somebody must have left it here......

Bass sounds like a better option for the B & T.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1910 on: July 30, 2008, 01:05:47 PM »

Good old days on the playground, a friend, a slide and a six pack!

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1911 on: July 30, 2008, 01:11:48 PM »

Good old days on the playground, a friend, a slide and a six pack!

sweet

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #1912 on: July 30, 2008, 02:09:04 PM »

http://www.ommegang.com/index.php?mcat=1&scat=3&yr=1

'I DRINK THE BEER THAT GOD WOULD DRINK: HENNEPIN. I ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT WAS TOUCHED BY THE HAND OF GOD. IT'S RIDICULOUS - I COULD DRINK IT EVERY DAY.'

That kind of statement is putting me into hunt mode, ...must....find.... Hennepin...But I don't get the I could drink it every day part.  Anybody have it?

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #1913 on: July 30, 2008, 03:07:51 PM »

You had me interested there for a minute.  Cooperstown's not even that far.  I'm not crazy about the coriander in Belgian Ales.  However, I'll certainly give a try.  We've got a local purveyor likely to have it.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1914 on: July 30, 2008, 03:10:00 PM »

You had me interested there for a minute.  Cooperstown's not even that far.  I'm not crazy about the coriander in Belgian Ales.  However, I'll certainly give a try.  We've got a local purveyor likely to have it.

How are are you from Hartwick?  That's where I have to dash to later this year...  :jack:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1915 on: July 30, 2008, 09:36:55 PM »

I made a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone on the 4th to celebrate my independence from extract brewing into all grain. Tapped it tonight and it is pretty darn good. Just a tad lite as I messed up on the specialty grain bill. Some how only put a pound and a half and was supposed to put 2 and a half.

Also, just racked 10 gallons of a Fat Tire Clone to the kegs tonight and based on the initial taste test, its going to be pretty darn close as well!

Hey Eagle, I think I'm getting this brewing thing down!!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #1916 on: July 30, 2008, 11:10:20 PM »

I made a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale clone on the 4th to celebrate my independence from extract brewing into all grain. Tapped it tonight and it is pretty darn good. Just a tad lite as I messed up on the specialty grain bill. Some how only put a pound and a half and was supposed to put 2 and a half.

Also, just racked 10 gallons of a Fat Tire Clone to the kegs tonight and based on the initial taste test, its going to be pretty darn close as well!

Hey Eagle, I think I'm getting this brewing thing down!!

Thats Great Rob  :2vrolijk_21:
Its addictive, I know! once you start making consistently good beer everything else starts to pale in comparison, which forces you to brew even more beer, until you become a MiniMicro Brewery.  ;) :coolblue:

I have a couple of books with world class clone recipes as well, I love the challenge of replicating these beers, usually it comes down to using the right yeast strain and hop variety. other times it gets more challenging. and a more complex mash process is necessary.

Getting the right hops right now is very tough, there 's a global shortage that is not getting better any time soon  :nervous:

Oh Well :nixweiss: Relax, don't worry,  have a homebrew  ;)  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Sean M Cary

« Reply #1917 on: July 31, 2008, 06:26:02 AM »

Thats Great Rob  :2vrolijk_21:
Its addictive, I know! once you start making consistently good beer everything else starts to pale in comparison, which forces you to brew even more beer, until you become a MiniMicro Brewery.  ;) :coolblue:

I have a couple of books with world class clone recipes as well, I love the challenge of replicating these beers, usually it comes down to using the right yeast strain and hop variety. other times it gets more challenging. and a more complex mash process is necessary.

Getting the right hops right now is very tough, there 's a global shortage that is not getting better any time soon  :nervous:

Oh Well :nixweiss: Relax, don't worry,  have a homebrew  ;)  :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

My wife has been asking if I was interested in this - how steep is the learning curve to start making your own beer?  How do you control the variables like temperature? 

I am sure there 1000 web pages on this - just kinda curious.

Sean

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #1918 on: July 31, 2008, 06:32:24 AM »

How are are you from Hartwick?  That's where I have to dash to later this year...  :jack:

269.53 miles, give or take a few feet, to Oneonta, home of Hartwick College.  GH is WAAAAY closer.  What brings you to God's country?

(I had a beer last night, thread is now back on topic.......)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #1919 on: July 31, 2008, 06:36:00 AM »

My wife has been asking if I was interested in this - how steep is the learning curve to start making your own beer?  How do you control the variables like temperature? 

I am sure there 1000 web pages on this - just kinda curious.

Sean

Start with kits that make ales or stouts.  They are fool proof and build confidence.  The most important part of the whole process is the cleaning and sterilizing of equipment and bottles.  If you have an interest, go to the public library and sign out "The new complete joy of home brewing" by Charlie Papazian.  It's the home brewers bible and was quoted by eagle1 a couple posts ago.  You'll know how much you're into it after reading it.  Good luck.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 299

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 20 queries.