Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733481 times)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #2190 on: September 02, 2008, 07:32:46 PM »

tonight is

curtesy of WFP
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2191 on: September 02, 2008, 07:35:21 PM »

I like that name - :pumpkin: head. :2vrolijk_21:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #2192 on: September 03, 2008, 07:56:11 PM »

ok, ok, I know it's Wednesday an a friday Beer thread but this couldn't wait!!   :drink: :drink: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #2193 on: September 03, 2008, 09:04:58 PM »

ok, ok, I know it's Wednesday an a friday Beer thread but this couldn't wait!!   :drink: :drink: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm good stuff
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2194 on: September 03, 2008, 09:23:41 PM »

Sorry to here of your woes, you sure there isn't an Iron butt mode on the bike, and the electric shocks are to make sure you stay awake on those 17 hr rides   :D

Everyone we talked to regretted going to Miller park, the lines for everthing were an hr+ long, and getting in and out was ridiculous. I'm kinda glad we didn't have time to fit that in, made for an easy day, go to the museum, take a bunch of pic's, cruze to the Ale House, Drink, Eat And Drink somemore  :drink: :drink:  :drink:

Glad you made it back safe  :2vrolijk_21:  we will have to smack mugs another time  :beerchug:

;D
After they read your post, the MoCo will include "Keep Alert Feature" in their description of the heated grips.

Miller Park was crowded, the HD Museum was crowded, the HD shops were crowded, the bikes we rode to Milwaukee on helped crowd the service depts. of the crowded HD's in Milwaukee, Summerfest was crowded, and most of the parking was.... you guessed it.... crowded.  There was a theme to this 105th that became readily apparent. Milwaukee citizens were very cordial & welcoming - a local sheriff rolled down the cruiser window & gave me a big thumbs up with a loud "Welcome Home!"  The street where he did that was really crowded.....

My plan to go to some bike venue cities when the bike venue is not going on is being re-introduced.   :drink: :drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2195 on: September 08, 2008, 11:10:18 AM »

;D
After they read your post, the MoCo will include "Keep Alert Feature" in their description of the heated grips.

Miller Park was crowded, the HD Museum was crowded, the HD shops were crowded, the bikes we rode to Milwaukee on helped crowd the service depts. of the crowded HD's in Milwaukee, Summerfest was crowded, and most of the parking was.... you guessed it.... crowded.  There was a theme to this 105th that became readily apparent. Milwaukee citizens were very cordial & welcoming - a local sheriff rolled down the cruiser window & gave me a big thumbs up with a loud "Welcome Home!"  The street where he did that was really crowded.....

My plan to go to some bike venue cities when the bike venue is not going on is being re-introduced.   :drink: :drink:

Would it be too crowded if I joined you?
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2196 on: September 08, 2008, 11:11:49 AM »

"It is so crowded that nobody goes there anymore"

Yogi Berra

That was I wasn't there

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2197 on: September 08, 2008, 02:00:50 PM »

Would it be too crowded if I joined you?

Not at all, Jim, that's the idea.  Sometimes we go someplace - Sturgis, Daytona, etc. when there is no bike rally.  Ride the uncrowded roads, hang out in mostly empty bars, & see streets not lined with (mostly) the same vendor crappola we see at any rally.  Usually go with a few riding buddies or sometimes just the wife & I.  The rooms/condos are not doubled or tripled in price, either.

I missed Yogi's sayings a lot, as he would say it maybe, after he died.

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2198 on: September 08, 2008, 02:06:37 PM »

Not at all, Jim, that's the idea.  Sometimes we go someplace - Sturgis, Daytona, etc. when there is no bike rally.  Ride the uncrowded roads, hang out in mostly empty bars, & see streets not lined with (mostly) the same vendor crappola we see at any rally.  Usually go with a few riding buddies or sometimes just the wife & I.  The rooms/condos are not doubled or tripled in price, either.

I missed Yogi's sayings a lot, as he would say it maybe, after he died.

I'm working out a plan to ship my bike to FLA in February.  I hope to be at Bike Week for a day or two and come back again for the Key West GTG after which I'll ride the bike home.  My Mom lives in Sebring and my brother has a friend who comes to Sebring every year with a truck and trailer load of bikes for bike week from my neck of the woods.  I've already got agreement from my Step Dad to leave the bike in his garage for a couple months.

I like the idea of hitting the rallies at off peak time.  I'm not into crowds but would like to see something of that scale for a day or two.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2199 on: September 08, 2008, 02:10:19 PM »

Can I tag along too??? I know of places that are crowded all the time, if you need that kinda of thing..We just have to go early when the friction dances are 2 for 1.....

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2200 on: September 08, 2008, 02:11:06 PM »

I'm working out a plan to ship my bike to FLA in February.  I hope to be at Bike Week for a day or two and come back again for the Key West GTG after which I'll ride the bike home.  My Mom lives in Sebring and my brother has a friend who comes to Sebring every year with a truck and trailer load of bikes for bike week from my neck of the woods.  I've already got agreement from my Step Dad to leave the bike in his garage for a couple months.

I like the idea of hitting the rallies at off peak time.  I'm not into crowds but would like to see something of that scale for a day or two.

Daytona is still fun - sometimes we just ride over for a day or 2.  A week of it gets kinda monotonous if you don't like very large crowds & overpriced semi-warm beer.

We usually get away from Daytona for a least a day of riding - some great beach roads in the area & Ponce Inlet is a nice little stop to the south.

Let me know when you will be in the area & will try to get together & ride.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2201 on: September 08, 2008, 02:12:37 PM »

Can I tag along too??? I know of places that are crowded all the time, if you need that kinda of thing..We just have to go early when the friction dances are 2 for 1.....

Why don't you lead so I can tag along.  When I lead I have to remember where I am supposed to be going instead of looking at bike week scenery & stuff.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2202 on: September 08, 2008, 02:14:00 PM »

I'll will only lead if I do not know where I am going...

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2203 on: September 08, 2008, 02:15:43 PM »

Daytona is still fun - sometimes we just ride over for a day or 2.  A week of it gets kinda monotonous if you don't like very large crowds & overpriced semi-warm beer.

We usually get away from Daytona for a least a day of riding - some great beach roads in the area & Ponce Inlet is a nice little stop to the south.

Let me know when you will be in the area & will try to get together & ride.

Not a peep from the Key West thread in a long time.  hmmmm.  I'm an FNG with regard to Daytona.  I'd only want a couple days there.  I'm game for anything that is recommended from the FLA contingency.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2204 on: September 08, 2008, 02:23:33 PM »

I would try to meet with the gang outside Dtona...I hate it....No more boobs, burnouts or beer. F it.
Been Disney-fied but the races in Ormond are neato..

The ride to the keys might be fun, lots of places to stop...Coral Castle is cool...Alabama Jacks and such.
Gambling or UCF matches at the Hard Rock in Ft Laudy...Elbow Room...Calle Ocho for cuban food and Padron Cigars...Ride to Annies in Sebring for burgers.  Wahoos in Stuart, no big whoop we'll do whatever...
Pages: 1 ... 145 146 [147] 148 149 ... 299

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.