Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733085 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #2385 on: September 26, 2008, 09:54:25 AM »

Thats a bummer Mike - me and Mel put 17,000 miles on our two SERK's for the USA trip with no problemo's at all.

Were we lucky ????????

:-\

Possibly luck or more possibly better wrenching, Nige.  My problems were basically electrical - new voltage regulator after mine failed.  The other bike problems were related to former service poorly done that had to be corrected on the road for the most part.

I have made many trips of several thousand miles each on my RK & my SEULTRA with not one bike problem.  

Siting around a variety of HD service bays was not my idea of fun, even though the Milwaukee shops all had vendors & overpriced crappy beer nearby. Will not leave a fellow rider stranded.  

Drank more than a few beers last night with a few friends at the local biker watering hole by the lake - absolutely gorgeous sunset.   :drink: :drink: :drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #2386 on: September 26, 2008, 10:07:39 AM »

i need a ummmm beer. sadly i can't while i'm working. boss is an a$$. :coolblue:

a plump german woman will do for now. :2vrolijk_21:

TN

er italin.
Wut the hell was that maneuver

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2387 on: September 26, 2008, 10:11:55 AM »

True story!

Got a speeding ticket on the way home yesterday.  Stopped at gas station for fill up then went inside for gal of milk and 6 pack of cheap beer.  When I came out the trooper that wrote me up was pumping gas in his cruiser right next to my car.  I held up the cheap beer as I walked by and said, "Thanks alot buddy, this was going to be Sam Adams tonight but now I have a fine to pay".  We both got a good laugh out of it.  I should have offered him one for the ride home.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

9 1/2 Beers

• Blu
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2009 FLHTCUSE4 (ZIGGY) Stardust Silver / Twilight Blue
    • CVO2: 2022 Ultra Limited FLHTK Reef Blue / Vivid Black
« Reply #2388 on: September 26, 2008, 01:20:27 PM »

"Let the road go on forever and the party never end "

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2389 on: September 26, 2008, 01:33:15 PM »

Currently planning a trip to the Big Island next summer.

hunter

• Elite CVO Member
  • Have rifle, will travel

• CVO1: 2008 SERK, Black & Silver with RH TD
« Reply #2390 on: September 26, 2008, 05:16:47 PM »

True story!

Got a speeding ticket on the way home yesterday.  Stopped at gas station for fill up then went inside for gal of milk and 6 pack of cheap beer.  When I came out the trooper that wrote me up was pumping gas in his cruiser right next to my car.  I held up the cheap beer as I walked by and said, "Thanks alot buddy, this was going to be Sam Adams tonight but now I have a fine to pay".  We both got a good laugh out of it.  I should have offered him one for the ride home.
Got stopped for speeding yesterday. going 45 in 35 zone.  He gave me a brake by writing me a ticket for "Unclear License Plate" because the frame the dealer put on my car 6 years ago was touching the word "New Jersey".  Actually it only touches the top of "N" and "J".  Still $54 but better than $120 plus 2 points and insurance surcharge.
First time driving my car in about 2 months, go figure.  I guess I'll be having some Vodka tonight.

:drink: ;D :) :huepfenjump3:
Lack of money is the source of all evils.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2391 on: September 29, 2008, 10:48:45 AM »

They aint bad, but I never found one as good as our stuff.

Nige

Well we didn't get a chance to sample all the brews in our area, next time your have to stay longer we have 8 breweries in our local area. I also found something else I'll have to try, a new small batch whisky!!!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2392 on: September 29, 2008, 11:01:02 AM »

Pilsner Urquell Brewery in Plezen

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2393 on: September 29, 2008, 08:27:08 PM »

Currently planning a trip to the Big Island next summer.

The Brew Moon on Oahu (just off Ala Moana Blvd near the park) brews and bottles some very interesting local favorites

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2394 on: September 29, 2008, 08:41:54 PM »

The Brew Moon on Oahu (just off Ala Moana Blvd near the park) brews and bottles some very interesting local favorites

B B

Thanks for the heads up.  May spend a day or 2 on Oahu before we go look at the volcano on the Big Island.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2395 on: September 29, 2008, 08:52:06 PM »

Thanks for the heads up.  May spend a day or 2 on Oahu before we go look at the volcano on the Big Island.

Better still is Gordon Biersch at the Aloha Tower Marketplace. Great place to eat as well as super brews and it's right on the water. Live music on Weekends, super ambiance. If you drive around the island,don't miss the shrimp trucks on the north shore either.

B B

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2396 on: September 29, 2008, 10:05:16 PM »

Better still is Gordon Biersch at the Aloha Tower Marketplace. Great place to eat as well as super brews and it's right on the water. Live music on Weekends, super ambiance. If you drive around the island,don't miss the shrimp trucks on the north shore either.

B B

Need to get to the north side of the island on the next trip.  Only spent a day or so in Honolulu & most of that was Pearl Harbor.

Aloha Tower Mktplace is in Honolulu?

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2397 on: October 02, 2008, 07:56:40 PM »

Need to get to the north side of the island on the next trip.  Only spent a day or so in Honolulu & most of that was Pearl Harbor.

Aloha Tower Mktplace is in Honolulu?

Yes, heading up the lee side from Waikiki, you get on Ala Moana and it turns into Nimitz about the same time as you go by the Aloha Tower Marketplace (ATM) on the left. You can't miss it. There's a big clock tower than was erected to commemorate Hawaii becoming our 50th state. To show you how much things have changed, that 5 story clock tower was the tallest structure on the island when it was built. Anyway, the cruise ships tie up there and the fishing boats all dock just beyond it. Also, about 1/4 mile after ATM is Sam Choy's which is a good place to go for food. You've probably seen Sam on TV and other places. He's cool.

B B
     The missus will like ATM as there's some nice shops including a Perfumania. Tell her to check out the local Plumeria scent. While she might not wear it much, it's a sweet way to remember the island some romantic evening at home a few months later.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #2398 on: October 03, 2008, 07:51:41 AM »

Five liter mini kegs...that's what I need to start stocking...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2399 on: October 03, 2008, 08:23:19 AM »

Yes, heading up the lee side from Waikiki, you get on Ala Moana and it turns into Nimitz about the same time as you go by the Aloha Tower Marketplace (ATM) on the left. You can't miss it. There's a big clock tower than was erected to commemorate Hawaii becoming our 50th state. To show you how much things have changed, that 5 story clock tower was the tallest structure on the island when it was built. Anyway, the cruise ships tie up there and the fishing boats all dock just beyond it. Also, about 1/4 mile after ATM is Sam Choy's which is a good place to go for food. You've probably seen Sam on TV and other places. He's cool.

B B
     The missus will like ATM as there's some nice shops including a Perfumania. Tell her to check out the local Plumeria scent. While she might not wear it much, it's a sweet way to remember the island some romantic evening at home a few months later.

Thanks BB!  We are working on this trip now.

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 299

Page created in 0.195 seconds with 21 queries.