Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733127 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #2505 on: October 21, 2008, 10:10:36 AM »

Being to day is not Friday but a special inbibment day just the same it will be :

http://www.blantonsbourbon.com/DefaultFlash.aspx

But you need to work on your form all week!

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #2506 on: October 21, 2008, 10:11:50 AM »

Being I am a Makers Ambassador #435427 and my barrel is going to be ready in a few years, I'd have to say the Blanton's has a little more depth of flavor, a little sharper start.   Is it better? I think the answer is each is different enough to have both on hand.  I will mix Makers sometimes...with lemonade, into bbq sauce, with coke even but the Blanton's, always neat or with a couple of ice cubes to open it up, never mixed.

This reminds me, maybe we can get 29 members that enjoy a Makers and get a CVO barrel going, it can be 6 years or more before it is ready.
I am Maker's Ambassador #796773. Love the shtuff and can't bring myself to mix. Drink of preference is shaken (over ice) and quickly strained  :alcohol: Thanks for the input Mike(s)

You review will prompt an execution attempt on my part.

Latest two acquisitions are Eagle Rare "10 year aged" and Ridgemont Reserve 1792. The two were recently presented as gifts. Have not popped the top. Yet!! Anyone care to opine on these two?

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2507 on: October 21, 2008, 10:25:08 AM »

I've had many bottles of all mentioned this morning.  All are excellent.  My go to bourbon has become Makers.  I always have on hand and it's easier to find than the others.  I've wanted to have a collection of the fine bourbons but it never lasts long.  The only other one I would add to the list is Michters.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2508 on: October 21, 2008, 10:33:16 AM »

I am Maker's Ambassador #796773. Love the shtuff and can't bring myself to mix. Drink of preference is shaken (over ice) and quickly strained  :alcohol: Thanks for the input Mike(s)

You review will prompt an execution attempt on my part.

Latest two acquisitions are Eagle Rare "10 year aged" and Ridgemont Reserve 1792. The two were recently presented as gifts. Have not popped the top. Yet!! Anyone care to opine on these two?

The Eagle Rare is great!  The Ridgemount ain't varnish thinner either, drink up!

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2509 on: October 21, 2008, 10:34:49 AM »

I've had many bottles of all mentioned this morning.  All are excellent.  My go to bourbon has become Makers.  I always have on hand and it's easier to find than the others.  I've wanted to have a collection of the fine bourbons but it never lasts long.  The only other one I would add to the list is Michters.

Makers is so consistant and easy to find....I have tried for years to collect them, but alas, I have failed...
Michter, noted.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2510 on: October 21, 2008, 10:48:59 AM »

Knob Creek is my go to.

icybay

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: (2) 2004 SEEG B&B's ECoast & WCoast
    • CVO2: 2000 FLTRSEI B/O/W
« Reply #2511 on: October 21, 2008, 10:51:05 AM »

This reminds me, maybe we can get 29 members that enjoy a Makers and get a CVO barrel going, it can be 6 years or more before it is ready.

Where do I sign up? How much is a whole barrel? Why didn't you bring this up six years ago???

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2512 on: October 21, 2008, 10:53:00 AM »

Isnt it obvious? I am stupid.  Mine is still 3 years away. 

We could just buy a barrel and fill it with bottled Makers.
Then we would not have a ride destination in 6 years.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #2513 on: October 21, 2008, 10:57:30 AM »

Makers is so consistant and easy to find....I have tried for years to collect them, but alas, I have failed...
Michter, noted.
The Makers C-gars aren't too shabby either!!  :beatnik:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2514 on: October 21, 2008, 11:01:20 AM »

There is no splainin why.  I prefered cigar flavored cigars with bourbon flavored bourbon..Stubborn I guess.
If you saw the tabbacy they used for those flavored cigars , you infuse them with something too!

If you decide to escape the frozen darkeness and come visit south florida this winter, I have 2 or three of them you can smoke...in the warm sunshine.

You like what you like!  :2vrolijk_21:

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2515 on: October 21, 2008, 11:04:27 AM »

Where do I sign up? How much is a whole barrel? Why didn't you bring this up six years ago???

On their web page.

http://www.ambassador.makersmark.com/ambinfo.aspx

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2516 on: October 22, 2008, 08:55:36 AM »

Great time last might meeting Miker & all & smoking AJ's smokes.  Heckuva office - jealous/envious - nuttin' like that where I live in the sticks.   Great conversations, beer, margaritas, and smokes.  Life is good except.....

Gotta get to work now.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #2517 on: October 22, 2008, 11:38:29 AM »

I love the Blantons, keep a bottle on hand for those Friday or Saturday nights when we are playing pool. I usually drink Absolut and Tonic w/a twist, but do an occasional "breath of the bourbon" over a little cracked ice...

I had a real hankerin' for a ceegar last weekend, but never got out to get one. Hopefully, I'll be able to fulfill my cravin' this weekend!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #2518 on: October 22, 2008, 01:13:42 PM »

Why wait?
Do it now.
Mike :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #2519 on: October 22, 2008, 02:24:56 PM »

not enough time during the week to really slo down and enjoy one...up at 3:30, work by 5:00-leave 3:30, work out till 5:30-6:00-home, walk dog, fix his dinner, fix our dinner, eat with wifey, bed at 9:00-9:30-lather, rinse, repeat...

So the weekend is-
Up at 8:00-8:30, slowly get self together, make some breakfast (don't know 'bout youse guys, but would love a delivery service for breakfast sometimes, someone should come up with that) scratch around till 10:30-11:00 unless riding...do stuff 'round the house till it is time to grill...then slide down into the basement for fun and libations!!!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 299

Page created in 0.175 seconds with 22 queries.