Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733134 times)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #2760 on: November 25, 2008, 11:05:57 AM »

Speaking of Everclear is there any state/place that still sells that stuff? Haven't seen that at our state owned/run stores for ages.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2761 on: November 25, 2008, 11:07:42 AM »

At $200+ a bottle, Cabo Uno appears to be made in a similar process as Patron Platinum.  Best of the best tequilas.

With a beer chaser maybe......

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2762 on: November 25, 2008, 11:11:55 AM »

Speaking of Everclear is there any state/place that still sells that stuff? Haven't seen that at our state owned/run stores for ages.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I found this:

"What is Everclear?

Everclear is a potent type of grain alcohol, which has become a popular drink amongst college students due to its strength.

It’s attracted controversy through the years thanks to it’s high alcohol content and is currently banned in a number of states in the US (including Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Washington, California, Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Virginia and West Virginia).

Besides its strength, part of Everclears popularity can be attributed to it’s affordibility. In states that have not yet banned the drink - you can buy a 750ml bottle for just over $20 which provides excellent value for money when you take into consideration its strength.

Everclear forms an integral part of many cocktails and is rarely drunk straight. For a full listing of Everclear cocktails, please click here."

http://www.everclearalcohol.info/what-is-everclear/

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2763 on: November 25, 2008, 11:14:15 AM »

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Could get it in PA when I was in college.  Not any longer.  Can still get it online.  http://www.winechateau.com/vsku1004371.html?utm_source=Google%20Products&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=EVERCLEAR%20GRAIN%20ALCOHOL%20190@

A college friend and I took the sheets off our beds and wore them as diapers for a dry halloween party.  We had an 8oz baby bottle of everclear that we squeezed into the punch and it was PLENTY for both of us.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2764 on: November 25, 2008, 11:15:13 AM »

You can still buy everclear here in the good ole republic of Oklahoma, OK!
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #2765 on: November 25, 2008, 11:27:08 AM »

:huepfenjump3:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2766 on: November 25, 2008, 11:30:06 AM »

I think they still have it here in Colorado, but the only everclear I've ever had came in a ball jar from Lexington, Ky, not a store.

As far as Tequila, we usually drink Herradura Seleccion Suprema, sitting around a fire. After it gone the fire walking begins.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2767 on: November 25, 2008, 11:54:41 AM »

We use Mi amigo Jorges beer glasses for the beer chaser after the Herradura Seleccion Suprema.  (another $200+ tequila).

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2768 on: November 25, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »

It's a once a year tradition, we do a pig roast, the three of four of us stay up all night and cook the pig. We were drinking Herradura Añejo Herradura Gold, a friend of ours who drank Tequila all the time, supposedly a aficionado of the stuff, talked us into splitting a bottle between the four of us. So now it's a yearly tradition. Last two years we haven't even had the pig roast, just light a fire and sit around drinking.  I was happy with the Gold label for $50-$60, but it a fun night. We stick the empty bottle in a metal box and melt it flat in the fire afterwards, I have one somewhere around here.

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2769 on: November 25, 2008, 01:06:30 PM »

Anyone ever drink Mescal? I wanted to get some, but not sure which ones are good.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2770 on: November 25, 2008, 01:16:03 PM »

Have not drunk any in years.  Found out the good mescals do not have a worm in the bottle - not traditional - an export gimmick.

Not sure of a good brand - looks like it would be fun to find one.

http://www.epinions.com/content_4731871364

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2771 on: November 25, 2008, 01:30:06 PM »

Have not drunk any in years.  Found out the good mescals do not have a worm in the bottle - not traditional - an export gimmick.

Not sure of a good brand - looks like it would be fun to find one.

http://www.epinions.com/content_4731871364

Thanks, yea, I've heard the same, the worm is just a gimmick. I'll check it out.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #2772 on: November 25, 2008, 01:49:00 PM »

I found this:

"What is Everclear?

Everclear is a potent type of grain alcohol, which has become a popular drink amongst college students due to its strength.

It’s attracted controversy through the years thanks to it’s high alcohol content and is currently banned in a number of states in the US (including Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Washington, California, Michigan, Ohio, Florida, Virginia and West Virginia).

Besides its strength, part of Everclears popularity can be attributed to it’s affordibility. In states that have not yet banned the drink - you can buy a 750ml bottle for just over $20 which provides excellent value for money when you take into consideration its strength.

Everclear forms an integral part of many cocktails and is rarely drunk straight. For a full listing of Everclear cocktails, please click here."

They haven't banned it in IL yet that I know of.  But I'm sure it will be.  They love communist laws in this state.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #2773 on: November 25, 2008, 02:51:52 PM »

I found this:

"What is Everclear?

We can still get it in South Carolina. Most famous in PJ!
I sure would like a glass of PJ right now.
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #2774 on: November 25, 2008, 03:53:03 PM »

I found this:

"What is Everclear?

Thanks. That explains why I don't see it anymore. Probably a good thing too it was potent. There is a tradition at the local college (U.Va) called "Fourth Year Fifth" that seniors that participate drink a fifth of liqour of there choice before/during/after the last home football game. Usually something bad (alcohol poisoning) happens to at least one of them. :(

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 299

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 22 queries.