Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 732953 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #2865 on: December 09, 2008, 08:01:37 PM »

Black & tan sounds great from here as well.  A pre-Friday libation action plan......    :drink: :drink: :drink:

Everyone should have a plan.
I plan on having a  :drink:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2866 on: December 10, 2008, 09:21:15 AM »

My plan was changed to:

& a real Cohiba from Habana......
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #2867 on: December 10, 2008, 10:47:18 AM »

My plan was changed to:

You're my hero.  I just happened to be very fond of both.  However, I'm very low on the "real" Cohibas.  Can you help with that?
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2868 on: December 10, 2008, 11:06:19 AM »

You're my hero.  I just happened to be very fond of both.  However, I'm very low on the "real" Cohibas.  Can you help with that?

;D

Lost my cape in a nasty smelting incident.......

Real Cohiba yesterday was one I got from a friend who gets them from a friend.  Not any help on getting them regularly.  Have heard they can be bought online from a company in Hong Kong.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2869 on: December 10, 2008, 11:17:24 AM »

My plan was changed to:

How could you tell ?? Did it burn sideways?   :P
Thats  is a sign of real cubano's, a crummy burn.  
Also look for the label to be crooked.  AJ's are best but almost gone as I moved them to my house humidor...
If you insist, next visit I shall ply you with them...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2870 on: December 10, 2008, 01:54:25 PM »

How could you tell ?? Did it burn sideways?   :P
Thats  is a sign of real cubano's, a crummy burn.  
Also look for the label to be crooked.  AJ's are best but almost gone as I moved them to my house humidor...
If you insist, next visit I shall ply you with them...

It went out twice & yes it burned some sideways.  Tasted ok. 

I personally checked the label for realness (15 mm wide & raised gold embossed letters - the squares were also correct) & it was indeed a true Cohiba from Habana.  Not in the Padron 1929  anny #1 league tho......

Not even in the same league as the Dominican Macanudo copies generics seconds pretenders I get for el cheapo $ as to burn & all.

Local cigar shop is hawking these today:

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2871 on: December 10, 2008, 01:56:27 PM »

Ahhh the opus...it can be like the oil or wax debate..

I find them ok but for that price, I'll take the Padron Anny annyday..

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2872 on: December 10, 2008, 02:02:25 PM »

I lookie but no buyie.

Hawking this also - friend swears by these & they smoke ok:

h upmann reserve maduro toro

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2873 on: December 10, 2008, 02:30:59 PM »

If you can find some Jesus Fuego ciagrs try them. I spent quite some time with him in Honduras and learned a lot.
He has his own blend now...

The Fuego family’s involvement with tobacco dates to 1876, and he has worked with numerous manufacturers. He’s often credited as the “mastermind” behind a number of Rocky Patel cigars, including the Vintage 1990 and 1992. Fuego went out on his own last year and introduced his eponymous cigars in December.

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #2874 on: December 10, 2008, 10:30:48 PM »

Best cigars I ever had were from a little hole in the wall cigar shop in Dallas in 1999.  It is just north of downtown off a street just off of Greenville Ave.  Not a particularly great part of town.  The guy that owned the place had an "employee" that was supposedly a cuban.  Anyway, the Cuban guy (who spoke no English) hand rolled them there at the shop.  The ones I really liked were a robusto sized maduro cigar that was as smoothe and tasty as any I've ever had.  He packed them super tight.  They were fabulous.  I went back a few months after the next time I was down there and bought several boxes.  The guy sold them super cheap, about a buck a piece when buying that many.  The next time I went back about a year later the place was empty.  I had the last 1 of those last year. 

I have a 1 Padron Anniversario left from a box I bought about 10 years ago, 1 authentic Havana Cohiba and 1 Partaga limited reserve.  That's all of the really good cigars I have left now.  All of these are several years old, well preserved in a humidor of course.  I guess I'm going to have to go on a mission to stock up. 

Now that I can finally buy Shiner in the Communist Republic of Illinois (Go Rod) I can have a really good beer and enjoy 1 of the last above.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2875 on: December 11, 2008, 08:19:30 AM »

Now that I can finally buy Shiner in the Communist Republic of Illinois (Go Rod) I can have a really good beer and enjoy 1 of the last above.

I heard yesterday the previous governor of IL was arrested too.  Who VOTES for these people?  :nixweiss:

At least I can say I didn't vote for Eliot Spitzer (or did I?)
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2876 on: December 11, 2008, 08:41:28 AM »

Rocky Patel guy - muy bueno!  Will look for those Fuego's later today.

JB - Think I remember that store on Greenville.  I lived in Arlington, TX for almost 20 years.  Arlington Cigar is where I get my el cheapo macanudo-type copies for about $2.  Grapevine Cigar usually has similar. Shiner is a favorite beer thirty libation in the hinterlands where I now reside.  Have enjoyed it for years.

Wonder what cigar smoke filled the back room where Blagodonovich (sp?) was auctioning that Senate seat?  Probably a CAO........   :huepfenlol2:

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
Harpoon Expands Boston Brewery; New Tanks to be Installed Friday
« Reply #2877 on: December 11, 2008, 09:11:17 AM »

Two 500 Barrel tanks will increase brewing capacity at the Boston brewery

Boston, MA (December 10, 2008) – This Friday, December 12th, the Harpoon Brewery will install two 500 barrel unitank fermenters in front of their South Boston brewery.  The tanks, which stand 38 feet high, 12.5 feet wide, and weigh 28,000 pounds, are the largest tanks to be installed in the brewery’s history, twice the size of the largest tank at Harpoon currently.  Between 8:00 am and noon on Friday (weather permitting) the tanks will be placed by 2 large cranes on a newly built concrete pad on the Northern Avenue side of the brewing facility.

The new tanks, which will be used for fermenting and conditioning beer, will increase Harpoon’s brewing capacity by approximately 20%.  In 2008 Harpoon produced more beer in the state than any other brewery in Massachusetts.  This year Harpoon will see a very slight increase in production numbers from 2007, which boasted the highest production in the brewery’s 22-year history.

The fermenter tanks were manufactured in Springfield, Missouri by the Paul Mueller Company.  Harpoon president and COO Dan Kenary and Harpoon’s Chief of Brewing Operations Al Marzi have been overseeing the expansion.  Photos of the tank installation will be available on Friday, upon request. 

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #2878 on: December 11, 2008, 09:18:16 AM »

Would be interesting to see pics of that tank installation.  I work in an industry that uses large tanks/silos & have seen more than a few installed (or removed) by crane.  Hope it's not a very windy day...

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2879 on: December 11, 2008, 09:24:51 AM »

Thats is good news...More beer in the Baystate...
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 299

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 20 queries.