Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733411 times)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #2880 on: December 11, 2008, 04:34:50 PM »

Best cigars I ever had were from a little hole in the wall cigar shop in Dallas in 1999.  It is just north of downtown off a street just off of Greenville Ave.  Not a particularly great part of town.  The guy that owned the place had an "employee" that was supposedly a cuban.  Anyway, the Cuban guy (who spoke no English) hand rolled them there at the shop.  The ones I really liked were a robusto sized maduro cigar that was as smoothe and tasty as any I've ever had.  He packed them super tight.  They were fabulous.  I went back a few months after the next time I was down there and bought several boxes.  The guy sold them super cheap, about a buck a piece when buying that many.  The next time I went back about a year later the place was empty.  I had the last 1 of those last year. 

I have a 1 Padron Anniversario left from a box I bought about 10 years ago, 1 authentic Havana Cohiba and 1 Partaga limited reserve.  That's all of the really good cigars I have left now.  All of these are several years old, well preserved in a humidor of course.  I guess I'm going to have to go on a mission to stock up. 

Now that I can finally buy Shiner in the Communist Republic of Illinois (Go Rod) I can have a really good beer and enjoy 1 of the last above.

Mi amigo....if you want I can get Cohibas or any other cuban cigar everytime that I travel to Latin America....no problem buddy...

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #2881 on: December 11, 2008, 10:40:25 PM »

Mi amigo....if you want I can get Cohibas or any other cuban cigar everytime that I travel to Latin America....no problem buddy...

You're on.  I really like Cohibas, about a 50 ring gauge 6" or so.  Let me know next time you're going and I will send you the cash.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2882 on: December 11, 2008, 10:47:48 PM »

I went here today.  http://ecommerce.smokinjoe.com/acb/stores/1/cigarclub.aspx
It's a smoke shop on a reservation near niagara falls which is tax free.

I didn't see any Padron Anniversarios so I ended up with Arturo Fuentes 858s for 4.95 each  (money is tight for another month)
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2883 on: December 12, 2008, 07:29:29 AM »

I was with Rocky Patel last night for a little while during a smoke in... His new smoke is pretty nice with the rubusto at 4$.

He was talking about how they have geared lots of the new line to the $4-8 range because of tight money.
Nice folks at Rocky Patel.

Sean M Cary

« Reply #2884 on: December 12, 2008, 08:18:19 AM »

careful...even the possesion by a US Citizen is illegal since 05.

Check the ATF or customs sight, they quietly tightened the rules.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2885 on: December 12, 2008, 08:47:45 AM »

It is much easier to police citizens than criminals.

There are many on-line sights that will ship to the US...Some are fake, some are real, who knows.

IMO, there are many Nicuarguan, Honduran and even Dominican smokes are as good if not better that "Cuban".
Some poor sap I was talking to said he bought "pre-embargo" cubans for $100/stick.  Sorry NFW, he got punked.

A box recently sold at a clearing house for 16K...

The prohibition of legitmate cubans has created a huge illicit market of fakes...
Prohibiton doesn't work on anything...Imagine how cheap reefer would be if you could grow your own? 
My kids would prolly have some money...  :D

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2886 on: December 12, 2008, 08:55:23 AM »

I can get Cubans in Canada, 30 miles away but I don't.  I've had several and Miker is right.  You don't know which are authentic and the Hondurans are as good.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2887 on: December 12, 2008, 09:04:51 AM »

The last Cohiba Esplondido I bought when ooc was $48...It was OK...
I'll take a #1 anny Padron at $24 anyday adn I can get them anyday!

Not that I would turn a down a box or cabinet of true Trinidad Fundadores or Rubusto Extra...

or Hoyo Churchills or a San Luis Rey lonsdale....enough, I have to try and stay at work today...my bike is at home too...ow my eye is starting to hurt and it looks like a nice day coming up...

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #2888 on: December 12, 2008, 09:10:48 AM »

Think I'll enjoy a holiday brew tonight at one of the local brewerys. :drink:
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2889 on: December 12, 2008, 09:12:45 AM »

I was back on these last night...dern good too, maybe some more in my future...

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2890 on: December 12, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »

The last few cuban cigars have happened upon have not been all that memorable.  The Cohiba this week was ok...... but there are a lot of other smokes that would beat it for what the assumed price was.  

Prefer to shop in cigar shops vs online & support local merchants & all.  I am no ceegar connysewer but know what I like when it tastes ok to me.

Wish there was 1 of those handy Indian reservations nearby though.....
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #2891 on: December 12, 2008, 09:41:42 AM »

The last few cuban cigars have happened upon have not been all that memorable.  The Cohiba this week was ok...... but there are a lot of other smokes that would beat it for what the assumed price was.  

Prefer to shop in cigar shops vs online & support local merchants & all.  I am no ceegar connysewer but know what I like when it tastes ok to me.

Wish there was 1 of those handy Indian reservations nearby though.....

I wish I had a good place to get cigars.  We only have 1 real cigar shop here and the prices tend to be a bit criminal.  I don't really go through that many and haven't bought any in 6 years or so.  I had quite a few at 1 time and have weeded them down.  Maybe there will be some deals since the economy is in the tank.
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2892 on: December 12, 2008, 09:47:03 AM »

I wish I had a good place to get cigars.  We only have 1 real cigar shop here and the prices tend to be a bit criminal.  I don't really go through that many and haven't bought any in 6 years or so.  I had quite a few at 1 time and have weeded them down.  Maybe there will be some deals since the economy is in the tank.

Just pretend their Harley parts, their way over priced! Then the price won't seem as bad.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2893 on: December 12, 2008, 09:48:36 AM »

Try here, good guys, service and prices...Availability sometimes and issue but you can get singles too...

http://www.arnoldstobacco.com/

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2894 on: December 12, 2008, 09:54:21 AM »

Any of you guys out on the west coast tried this?

North Coast Old Rasputin XI Available Friday, November 28th Only At the Brewery in Fort Bragg, California.

North Coast Brewing has been making exceptional beers for over 20 years now. The Brew Guide has called them, “very big, very complex and downright kick-ass.” And, one of the biggest and most kick-ass has been their Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout. With a string of 12 Gold Medals dating back to 1996, Old Rasputin has developed a cult following. So would it be possible to improve upon that huge, robust coffee and chocolate flavor profile?

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 299

Page created in 0.554 seconds with 21 queries.