Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733447 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #2925 on: December 12, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »

You can tell it must be good cos it says "BRITISH style Ale" on the label.............. always gonna be great !!

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2926 on: December 13, 2008, 05:25:15 AM »

Update on the electrical problem with the jester:

Bike kept blowing fuses due to a couple of wiring shorts (intermittent of course) in the turn signals.  These shorts blew the battery fuse, which in turn caused the security module to shut the bike down as if it was being stolen.  Also blew the brake/running light converter module.

Basically, it was  "ride it like I stole it" until it shut down. 

A good weekend to all!   :drink:

Our Toys for Tots Run is on Sunday and the weather looks GREAT!   :2vrolijk_21:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #2927 on: December 13, 2008, 07:08:58 AM »

Glad they found it.  Nothing tougher to work on than electrical problems.  Good thing it was under warranty.  How long was the short?

"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2928 on: December 13, 2008, 07:28:34 PM »

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2929 on: December 14, 2008, 02:46:32 PM »

Don't know if ya can get this here, but if ya can, it's some RGS!!! It's seasonal Mexican XMas cervesa! Noche Buena, which Keyn and I had to test thoroughly! The Indio's pretty good too! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2930 on: December 15, 2008, 05:23:41 PM »

Glad they found it.  Nothing tougher to work on than electrical problems.  Good thing it was under warranty.  How long was the short?

The short was pretty short, or short & pretty........

Will look for that Bueno Noche.... :drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2931 on: December 15, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »

got the stout kegged with 7 lbs of head pressure.  It's been ready to keg for a couple days but I wanted to make sure it had settled good after racking to make the final product extra clear.  I'll pour a short glass tomorrow to see if I have enough dissolved CO2 yet.  Ales work so quick.  I could have been drinking this in under a week if I'd rushed it.

I'll never wash another bottle again.  I was even toying with the idea of kegging a pilsner or lager and putting a t-valve splitter on the CO2 and again on the tap to have them mix at the tap under the same pressure for a perfect black and tan.  A buddy of mine (chemist) said it might not work unless the tanks have identical volumes even if delivery pressures are identical.  I don't have the extra keg or fittings yet anyway but a guy can dream can't he?  :drink:

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2932 on: December 16, 2008, 03:37:18 PM »

got the stout kegged with 7 lbs of head pressure.  It's been ready to keg for a couple days but I wanted to make sure it had settled good after racking to make the final product extra clear.  I'll pour a short glass tomorrow to see if I have enough dissolved CO2 yet.  Ales work so quick.  I could have been drinking this in under a week if I'd rushed it.

I'll never wash another bottle again.  I was even toying with the idea of kegging a pilsner or lager and putting a t-valve splitter on the CO2 and again on the tap to have them mix at the tap under the same pressure for a perfect black and tan.  A buddy of mine (chemist) said it might not work unless the tanks have identical volumes even if delivery pressures are identical.  I don't have the extra keg or fittings yet anyway but a guy can dream can't he?  :drink:

I thought the same thing when I first starting kegging but I like to suck one out of the bottle every now and then! I ran across this video and thread on the HomeBrewTalk website. Now I can rack a six pack or more to take to a friend or family members house and don't have to worry about the yeast in the bottom of the  bottle as it has already settled out in the keg. I also cut about 1/2 to 3/4 inch off my kegs "out" tube to keep from sucking up any yeast on the last glass. Works great!

Direct Video link (this guy knows his stuff)

and a link to the discussion on HomeBrewTalk

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/we-no-need-no-stinking-beer-gun-24678/

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #2933 on: December 16, 2008, 04:22:48 PM »

Congratulations! Salutations and glee!  Keep hope alive!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #2934 on: December 16, 2008, 07:35:38 PM »

extra clear stout  :confused5: :nixweiss:  I aint ever had one dem  ;)  :P   :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2935 on: December 17, 2008, 07:27:16 AM »

extra clear stout  :confused5: :nixweiss:  I aint ever had one dem  ;)  :P   :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

I had to take it's word for it.

was very flat on a test pour after 24 hrs at 7 psi.  What do you recommend for time and pressure?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2936 on: December 17, 2008, 07:52:44 AM »

One brazillion isobars

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2937 on: December 17, 2008, 08:53:36 AM »

One brazillion isobars

It's 8:53 and I'm under a lot of pressure

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #2938 on: December 17, 2008, 09:02:21 AM »

I was feeling alot of pressure earlier too but I fixed that problem with the sports section and some private time...
It was $1 margarita night last night and I am feeling quite perky because I only had 8..

Now to decide the FBP (Friday Beer Post, for the cool peeps) selection of the weekend.

Robmay

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2939 on: December 17, 2008, 10:37:25 AM »

I had to take it's word for it.

was very flat on a test pour after 24 hrs at 7 psi.  What do you recommend for time and pressure?

I always set mine to 30 psi and shake LIGHTLY for about 2 minutes to force carb a little. Then I let it sit at that for a day, then shoot it to 20 (as it will be lower than that after absorption) for another day, then let it sit at 11-12 psi for at least a week.

If you want to force carb it all the way, put 30 on it, lay it on its side on something like a piece of carpet or towel and rock it back and forth for 5 minutes. Wait about 5 minutes then do it again. Chill for a couple of hours then test it.
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 299

Page created in 0.177 seconds with 21 queries.