Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733449 times)

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #2955 on: December 19, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »

What a great picture that is. Where is it Mike ? and please can I have an invitation to go there.

Your very best pal in all the whole wide World.

Nige

:2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:

At last, I have a friend!  (As long as there is beer involved).   ;D ;D ;D   :drink: :drink: :drink:

Nige, not sure where it was taken.  Usually we have a view of the mountain when we ski, & that is my FAVORITE view - bottle in foreground.  This year it's Taos, New Mexico.  Great snow (we hope), great people, great food.  New Mexico version of Mexican food is outstanding!  Mountain is almost 12,000 feet & it will be a trifle cold.

You are welcome to join us anytime, Nige!  I have not been snow skiing in ..... too many years.  Thinking about Utah again for next year.  Some of the best snow I have ever seen in Utah.

Say, maybe we could just meet in the Alps & call it a central meeting spot?   :huepfenlol2:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
« Reply #2956 on: December 19, 2008, 09:34:54 AM »

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
Mike
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2957 on: December 19, 2008, 09:36:20 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2958 on: December 19, 2008, 09:39:38 AM »

Talon

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2959 on: December 19, 2008, 09:40:31 AM »

8)

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #2960 on: December 19, 2008, 10:39:20 AM »

At last, I have a friend!  (As long as there is beer involved).   ;D ;D ;D   :drink: :drink: :drink:

Nige, not sure where it was taken.  Usually we have a view of the mountain when we ski, & that is my FAVORITE view - bottle in foreground.  This year it's Taos, New Mexico.  Great snow (we hope), great people, great food.  New Mexico version of Mexican food is outstanding!  Mountain is almost 12,000 feet & it will be a trifle cold.

You are welcome to join us anytime, Nige!  I have not been snow skiing in ..... too many years.  Thinking about Utah again for next year.  Some of the best snow I have ever seen in Utah.

Say, maybe we could just meet in the Alps & call it a central meeting spot?   :huepfenlol2:

Sounds good to me Mike.

A CVO Skiiing/drinking/foolinaround&generally having a good time GTG.

Quite fancy doin it in the States though as I have never ski'd there.

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #2961 on: December 19, 2008, 08:36:35 PM »

Sounds good to me Mike.

A CVO Skiiing/drinking/foolinaround&generally having a good time GTG.

Quite fancy doin it in the States though as I have never ski'd there.

A good plan, Nige!

Talon supplies the visuals & I'll buy the first round.   :drink: :drink: :drink:

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #2962 on: December 19, 2008, 09:19:29 PM »

We ski the same here as most places. We go to the top, slide to the bottom, falling a couple of times on the way and repeat. We do that a couple of times and then hit the lodge!!!  Is it different in England??u
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

REGGAB

« Reply #2963 on: December 19, 2008, 09:31:43 PM »

Tonight's beverages:  Killian's Irish Red, Yuengling Black & Tan, and a little later.......The Glenlivet 18.  I am so glad this week is OVER!   :2vrolijk_21:  To top it off, I've screwed up my left knee again.  Saw my doctor today about it.  Can't tell much from X-rays, but it appears I've done some more ACL damage.  He shot my knee full of Xylocaine, so I should be fine for the rest of the weekend.  I hate knee problems...........but beer and Scotch always makes it feel a little better.......or less.......however you look at it.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #2964 on: December 19, 2008, 09:55:45 PM »

Tonight's beverages:  Killian's Irish Red, Yuengling Black & Tan, and a little later.......The Glenlivet 18.  I am so glad this week is OVER!   :2vrolijk_21:  To top it off, I've screwed up my left knee again.  Saw my doctor today about it.  Can't tell much from X-rays, but it appears I've done some more ACL damage.   He shot my knee full of Xylocaine, so I should be fine for the rest of the weekend.  I hate knee problems...........but beer and Scotch always makes it feel a little better.......or less.......however you look at it.

Ouch, Henry...what did you do to your knee?

I destroyed my right knee in a ski accident about 8 years ago.  I'll need a new one someday...  Ended my skiing fun...  Since then there has been no reason for snow or winter at all....  :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

REGGAB

« Reply #2965 on: December 19, 2008, 10:09:10 PM »

Ouch, Henry...what did you do to your knee?

I destroyed my right knee in a ski accident about 8 years ago.  I'll need a new one someday...  Ended my skiing fun...  Since then there has been no reason for snow or winter at all....  :nixweiss:

Due to my sedentary job, I like to use the stairs instead of the elevator.  Was descending the stairs Wednesday evening, and I have no idea what I did wrong........it just gave out.  Tried to gut it out yesterday, but ended up calling my doctor yesterday afternoon.  He called in a script and made an appointment for me today.  We'll see how the weekend goes.  Right now, the knee is good to go...............so I need to be REALLY careful.  I know the inevitable is not far off.  Probably need to go ahead and get it over with before riding season sets in.

Knee problems SUCK.  Pounding 'em during 20+ years of military service doesn't help much.   :(  This incident really hurt.  I'll know more once the Xylocaine wears off over the weekend.  Doctor has closed up shop next week and told me if it is unbearable to call him at home and we'll do another injection to get through Christmas.........then MRI next Friday.  Hopefully I've just strained it and not made the tear any worse.................HOPEFULLY.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #2966 on: December 20, 2008, 07:51:36 AM »

Knee problems SUCK.  Pounding 'em during 20+ years of military service doesn't help much.   :(  This incident really hurt.  I'll know more once the Xylocaine wears off over the weekend.  Doctor has closed up shop next week and told me if it is unbearable to call him at home and we'll do another injection to get through Christmas.........then MRI next Friday.  Hopefully I've just strained it and not made the tear any worse.................HOPEFULLY.
So sorry to hear of the knee problem, Henry.  Maybe it'll 'self-mend' enough if you baby it for awhile.....at least you don't have a 'kicker' scooter to continually hyper-extend/and pound it from time to time.  Might have to start using the elevator more.  :2vrolijk_21: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2967 on: December 22, 2008, 05:22:43 AM »

We ski the same here as most places. We go to the top, slide to the bottom, falling a couple of times on the way and repeat. We do that a couple of times and then hit the lodge!!!  Is it different in England??u

We usually don't bother with the top to bottom stuff - just hit the Lodge !

Skiing in England/Scotland generally sucks, we need to go the the Alps.

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

BalDeagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #2968 on: December 22, 2008, 05:28:20 AM »

Due to my sedentary job, I like to use the stairs instead of the elevator.  Was descending the stairs Wednesday evening, and I have no idea what I did wrong........it just gave out.  Tried to gut it out yesterday, but ended up calling my doctor yesterday afternoon.  He called in a script and made an appointment for me today.  We'll see how the weekend goes.  Right now, the knee is good to go...............so I need to be REALLY careful.  I know the inevitable is not far off.  Probably need to go ahead and get it over with before riding season sets in.

Bummer about the knee Henry.......hope it doesn't spoil your Christmas fun.

Nige

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #2969 on: December 22, 2008, 10:27:13 AM »

Doesn't appear we're the classiest drinkers, but what we lack in class, we make up for in VOLUME!! :o :D

Here's a few useless tidbits from American Imbibery History!

Americans prefer mostly beer and hard liquor, going all the way back to our Founding Fathers.

Thomas Jefferson brewed beer in Monticello

George Washington was the largest distiller of Rye Whiskey

As an average, Americans consume 23 Gallons of Beer/Year, over 1 Gallon of Hard Liquor/Year, and only 2 Gallons of Wine/Year

88% of all Wine consumed here is drank by 11% of the population, mostly on both coasts. The rest of the country, as a percentage, mostly drinks Beer and Hard Liquor

HeHe!!! Not a very classy bunch, are we! But we sure do our part!!! Do your share and drink up ya'll!!! ::) ;) :drink: :drink: :drink:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)
Pages: 1 ... 196 197 [198] 199 200 ... 299

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 22 queries.