Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 732840 times)

MIKEYTEE

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka. Uncle Mikey! Mikeytee for Burbon Judge and
    • SC

• CVO1: 1999 ROADGLIDE Ultra SOLD
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #3090 on: January 24, 2009, 09:15:20 PM »

:P
Mike  ;D
 :drink:
Co-Founder /National Board Member/ Zen Master of CVO Harley Pondering,Hankering, & Moseying Society with all Honors, Rights and Accolades.

Charter Member CVO Harley Critter Gawking Society
Charter Member Husband Saints Society. We have Lucky Wives!
I saw the worlds largest ball of string in Cawker City, Kansas

fxdsebeloved

• Full CVO Member
  • Four Wheels Move The Body Two Wheels Move The Soul

• CVO1: (Beloved) 2007 FXDSE Silver Rush/Midnight Black
    • alcohaulinasss
« Reply #3091 on: January 28, 2009, 03:30:15 PM »

If you had purchased $1000 of shares in Delta Airlines
one year ago, you will have $49.00 today.
If you had purchased $1000 of shares in AIG
one year ago, you will have $33.00 today.
If you had purchased $1000 of shares in Lehman Brothers
 one year ago, you will have $0.00 today.
But---- if you had purchased $1000 worth of beer
one year ago, drank all the beer,
then turned in the aluminum cans for recycling refund,
you will have received $214.00.     

Based on the above, the best current investment plan
is to drink heavily & recycle.   
 It's called the   401-Keg. :drink:

Member # 1786
If you live in the past
You will have no future

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #3092 on: January 28, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »

:2vrolijk_21:

Talon, that the best damn beer huggie i've ever seen   :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3093 on: January 28, 2009, 08:05:45 PM »

Annnnnd How!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3094 on: January 30, 2009, 08:15:50 AM »

Well it's Friday so it must be the beer thread.  Thread has been fun.

As you ride down the road of life, sometimes you come to a fork in the road.  Sometimes you stop & pick it up & sometimes it's covered with something that looks & smells like spaghetti.  Maybe it's best just to keep riding & not pick that fork up, but if you don't you will never know what that spaghetti would have smelled like.  Don't advise tasting it though, cuz you never know where it might have been.

When I first posted here, I did not plan to post here.  That plan appears to have come full circle.  Later.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3095 on: January 30, 2009, 08:38:45 AM »

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #3096 on: January 30, 2009, 07:20:57 PM »

Another Friday, Another Beer!

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3097 on: January 30, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »

iski zen.

http://www.northcoastbrewing.com/beer-redSeal.htm

Miker zen.

Yea Bro, the Red Seal is a pretty damn good BrewHaa, I got a chance to taste it a few weeks ago when  I had to suffer the coast, my west coast Brewing Bro's turned me on to this place http://www.bierbitzch.com/videos/BitzchSlapped30sec.wmv  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #3098 on: January 30, 2009, 10:28:35 PM »

Yea Bro, the Red Seal is a pretty damn good BrewHaa, I got a chance to taste it a few weeks ago when  I had to suffer the coast, my west coast Brewing Bro's turned me on to this place http://www.bierbitzch.com/videos/BitzchSlapped30sec.wmv  :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

HeHe!!! That was funny! Hope you ordered the beer bitch and not the dry martini bitch!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :drink: :drink: :drink::2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3099 on: January 30, 2009, 11:01:00 PM »

HeHe!!! That was funny! Hope you ordered the beer bitch and not the dry martini bitch!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  :drink: :drink: :drink::2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pretty cool place Bro!, and I got to meet the Bierbitzch poster girl, smokin frickin Hot  :2vrolijk_21:

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3100 on: January 31, 2009, 06:28:02 PM »

Boulder beer tenders!

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3101 on: February 05, 2009, 10:33:43 AM »

The Tao of the Bierbitzch zen.......

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #3102 on: February 05, 2009, 10:35:24 AM »

A Better Brew
The rise of extreme beer.
by Burkhard Bilger November 24, 2008

Sam Calagione at Dogfish breweries. “I’m frustrated that one beer has been hammered down people’s throats,” he says. Photograph by Martin Schoeller.

Elephants, like many of us, enjoy a good malted beverage when they can get it. At least twice in the past ten years, herds in India have stumbled upon barrels of rice beer, drained them with their trunks, and gone on drunken rampages. (The first time, they trampled four villagers; the second time they uprooted a pylon and electrocuted themselves.) Howler monkeys, too, have a taste for things fermented. In Panama, they’ve been seen consuming overripe palm fruit at the rate of ten stiff drinks in twenty minutes. Even flies have a nose for alcohol. They home in on its scent to lay their eggs in ripening fruit, insuring their larvae a pleasant buzz. Fruit-fly brains, much like ours, are wired for inebriation.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #3103 on: February 05, 2009, 10:36:09 AM »

The seductions of drink are wound deep within us. Which may explain why, two years ago, when John Gasparine was walking through a forest in southern Paraguay, his thoughts turned gradually to beer. Gasparine is a businessman from Baltimore. He owns a flooring company that uses sustainably harvested wood and he sometimes goes to South America to talk to suppliers. On the trip in question, he had noticed that the local wood-carvers often used a variety called palo santo, or holy wood. It was so heavy that it sank in water, so hard and oily that it was sometimes made into ball bearings or self-lubricating bushings. It smelled as sweet as sandalwood and was said to impart its fragrance to food and drink. The South Americans used it for salad bowls, serving utensils, maté goblets, and, in at least one case, wine barrels.

Gasparine wasn’t much of a wine drinker, but he had become something of a beer geek. (His thick eyebrows, rectangular glasses, and rapid-fire patter seem ideally suited to the parsing of obscure beverages.) A few years earlier, he’d discovered a bar in downtown Baltimore called Good Love that had several unusual beers on tap. The best, he thought, were from a place called Dogfish Head, in southern Delaware. The brewery’s motto was “Off-Centered Ales for Off-Centered People.” It made everything from elegant Belgian-style ales to experimental beers brewed with fresh oysters or arctic cloudberries. Gasparine decided to send a note to the owner, Sam Calagione. Dogfish was already aging some of its beer in oak barrels. Why not try something more aromatic, like palo santo?

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #3104 on: February 05, 2009, 10:36:54 AM »

Calagione was used to odd suggestions from customers. On Monday mornings, his brewery’s answering machine is sometimes full of rambling meditations from fans, in the grips of beery enlightenment at their local bar. But Gasparine’s idea was different. It spoke to Calagione’s own contradictory ambitions for Dogfish: to make beers so potent and unique that they couldn’t be judged by ordinary standards, and to win for them the prestige and premium prices usually reserved for fine wine. And so, a year later, Calagione sent Gasparine back to Paraguay with an order for forty-four hundred board feet of palo santo. “I told him to get a chitload,” he remembers. “We were going to build the biggest wooden barrel since the days of Prohibition.”

Gasparine, by then, had begun to have second thoughts. No lumbermill he knew had ever cut so much palo santo, and he wasn’t sure that any could. Bulnesia sarmientoi is a weedy, willowy tree, sometimes called ironwood. It’s difficult to get large boards out of it, and even small ones can dull a saw blade. Wood experts rate a species’ hardness on the Janka scale—a measure of how many pounds of force it takes to drive a half-inch steel ball halfway into a board. Yellow pine rates around seven hundred, oak twice as high. Palo santo hovers near forty-five hundred—three times as high as rock maple. It’s one of the two or three hardest woods in the world.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 299

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 20 queries.