Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733155 times)

32Lager

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Ultra
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #3375 on: March 13, 2009, 02:37:09 PM »

My grandson. He's learning all of his pap's good habits !

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #3376 on: March 13, 2009, 02:38:50 PM »

This should do

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #3377 on: March 13, 2009, 06:16:03 PM »

I know there's no Beer in this but it's the next best thing No wonder that priest rides a Harley to Church :2vrolijk_21:

CHEERS to titties & beer

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

« Last Edit: March 13, 2009, 09:27:04 PM by EAGLE1 »
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3378 on: March 14, 2009, 01:08:26 AM »

The Wynkoop Brewery has unleash their Obamanator Maibock Lager.  at 12.9% abv. You wont even know what hit you after 2-3 of these babies  :drink: :drink: :drink:  :huepfenjump3:

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3379 on: March 14, 2009, 01:29:35 AM »

Free beer for life - Beerdrinker of the Year crowned

It didn’t hurt that this year’s Wynkoop’s Beerdrinker of the Year winner was an award winning homebrewer.  But from all indications it was a tough call by the esteemed and frocked panel of 7 judges as they deliberated for a record 45 minutes before choosing this year’s winner

Cody Christman, a Golden, Colorado electrical engineer by trade took top honors in a grueling process determining the winner of Beerdrinker of the Year.  Chistman's lofty knowledge of beer and its history, paired with his beer ambassadorship and sense of humor, helped him land a beer nut's dream: FREE BEER for the rest of his life at the brewpub of his choice.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #3380 on: March 14, 2009, 01:38:35 AM »

Beer Wars, the Event, the Movie.  A very special one night beer event will be playing live at over 450 movie theatres; one near you.  On Thursday, April 16 Fathom and Ducks In A Row Entertainment present Beer Wars LIVE.

The one night event with Ben Stein, promises to take you inside the boardrooms and back rooms of the American beer industry. The event will feature the exclusive never-before-seen documentary Beer Wars , followed by a riveting live discussion led by Ben Stein with America’s leading independent brewers and experts.

Playing in movie theatres nationwide on Thursday, April 16th at 8pm ET / 7pm CT / 6pm MT / 8pm PT (tape delay), beer industry insiders will take you behind-the-scenes of their quest for the American Dream.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3381 on: March 16, 2009, 10:22:58 AM »

Free beer for life - Beerdrinker of the Year crowned

It didn’t hurt that this year’s Wynkoop’s Beerdrinker of the Year winner was an award winning homebrewer.  But from all indications it was a tough call by the esteemed and frocked panel of 7 judges as they deliberated for a record 45 minutes before choosing this year’s winner

Cody Christman, a Golden, Colorado electrical engineer by trade took top honors in a grueling process determining the winner of Beerdrinker of the Year.  Chistman's lofty knowledge of beer and its history, paired with his beer ambassadorship and sense of humor, helped him land a beer nut's dream: FREE BEER for the rest of his life at the brewpub of his choice.

A man realizes his dream.   :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:  Brings a tear to the eye.......
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3382 on: March 16, 2009, 01:53:43 PM »

Went to a 50th Birthday party, they had a couple of bottles of Laphroaig Scottish a peat smoked whiskey. Really a strange flavor, but it must have been good, we drank quite a bit of it! We didn't have the 30 year old, just the 10, but this was the best picture I found.

Laphroaig 10yo 'Cask Strength' (55.7%, OB, Red Stripe, Bottled +/- 2005)
Nose: Oooaah... Sweetness and peat. Lovely sweetness for a second, then an unpleasant whiff of glue.
The bouquet burns your nose if you inhale too deep. More peat again after a few seconds. Hint of mint?
Softens up and grows more complex with water. Meaty. Uncompromising.
Taste: Just a tad thin in the start. It's sweet and fruity for a second, followed by a flash of peat. Hot.
Solid centre. Whiff of smoke? Yeah, and more and more peat. Nice! Gasoline in the finish.
Stands water VERY well - in fact, it brought out a magnificent and endless peaty finish. Magnifico!
Only after almost a minute it grows smoky and dry. Bigger and better integrated during my 2nd try.
Score: 93 points - Quite a brutal monster at times, but it does have its sweeter moments as well.

Craig
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:03:38 PM by Talon »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3383 on: March 16, 2009, 02:19:58 PM »

That uisce beatha  (ish ka ba ha), Irish for water of life stands well with the padron anny...calms the flavor

Sean M Cary

« Reply #3384 on: March 16, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »

They have Pussers Nelsons Blood at the class 6 store - $49.00 a bottle...ever had it?  Not wanting to add to the collection with the move right around the corner, but I have never seen it before.  They have 5 bottles.

Wife scored me a Pussers Navy/Marine Corps collectible bottle for my selection, its the shizzle - but is regular old Pussers not the Nelsons Blood.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3385 on: March 16, 2009, 05:02:51 PM »

Added to the list, to drink... :2vrolijk_21:

Sean M Cary

« Reply #3386 on: March 16, 2009, 05:25:41 PM »

Added to the list, to drink... :2vrolijk_21:

yeah, I'll let you do the review...  Its never been in the "good" rum reviews, but there are always the sleepers.

I just like the Nelsons blood story, says a lot about sailors and the liquids they will think are consumable.

Sean

miker

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #3387 on: March 16, 2009, 05:30:18 PM »

says a lot about sailors and the liquids they will think are consumable.

Sean are you just trying to bait me with typing smomething like that...yer fukkin killin me today.. :huepfenlol2: :D :D

Sean M Cary

« Reply #3388 on: March 16, 2009, 05:47:59 PM »

says a lot about sailors and the liquids they will think are consumable.

Sean are you just trying to bait me with typing smomething like that...yer fukkin killin me today.. :huepfenlol2: :D :D

I get this way after duty (had the OOD yesterday until this morning) - sleep deprivation or the like.  Brings out the devil in me.

Last time it got me booted for a week, guess I should log off before it happens again.

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #3389 on: March 18, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »

Went to a 50th Birthday party, they had a couple of bottles of Laphroaig Scottish a peat smoked whiskey. Really a strange flavor, but it must have been good, we drank quite a bit of it! We didn't have the 30 year old, just the 10, but this was the best picture I found.

Laphroaig 10yo 'Cask Strength' (55.7%, OB, Red Stripe, Bottled +/- 2005)
Nose: Oooaah... Sweetness and peat. Lovely sweetness for a second, then an unpleasant whiff of glue.
The bouquet burns your nose if you inhale too deep. More peat again after a few seconds. Hint of mint?
Softens up and grows more complex with water. Meaty. Uncompromising.
Taste: Just a tad thin in the start. It's sweet and fruity for a second, followed by a flash of peat. Hot.
Solid centre. Whiff of smoke? Yeah, and more and more peat. Nice! Gasoline in the finish.
Stands water VERY well - in fact, it brought out a magnificent and endless peaty finish. Magnifico!
Only after almost a minute it grows smoky and dry. Bigger and better integrated during my 2nd try.
Score: 93 points - Quite a brutal monster at times, but it does have its sweeter moments as well.

Craig

Don't like this stuff too much Craig. Too much Peat, Smoke and Iodine for me. Drinking Jura Superstition at the moment - magic!

Nige

Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 299

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 22 queries.