Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733494 times)

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #3390 on: March 19, 2009, 08:06:24 AM »

Yea, it was different, was going to ask you if you ever had it. There's a lot of distilleries on that island, I looked it up when looking for info on Laphroaig.

I'll have to see if I can find this one.

Craig

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3391 on: March 19, 2009, 11:23:15 AM »

Tried the Bud American Lager last night. Too "Sam Adams" (hoppy) for me. Not a coors lite, but, not an Amber Bock either. Nice try Busch.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3392 on: March 19, 2009, 11:30:53 AM »

hmmmmm i couldnt find the hops in the one i tried
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3393 on: March 19, 2009, 11:45:21 AM »

It was ok...just that.... :drink:

It is nice to find at the Dot mart where all you get is AB and Miller products, Malt liquors and such

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3394 on: March 19, 2009, 12:19:26 PM »

Tried the Bud American Lager last night. Too "Sam Adams" (hoppy) for me. Not a coors lite, but, not an Amber Bock either. Nice try Busch.

Did not care for this one either.  Sierra Nevada does it much better - that Bud lacks something.

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

tompen

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #3395 on: March 19, 2009, 12:36:23 PM »

http://www.budamericanale.com/pub/american-ale.aspx#home
I still think it is Hoppy. Just my taste.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3396 on: March 19, 2009, 01:06:23 PM »

i'm a hop head so if we aint taking 65+ I.B.U.s it aint hoppy
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #3397 on: March 19, 2009, 01:50:29 PM »

hmmmmm i couldnt find the hops in the one i tried

I thought the same thing.  I was expecting a Pale Ale or IPA hopness that simply wasn't there.  I guess it's baby steps for them.  I was looking forward to a beer I like for less than $1/bottle but so far it simply is nonexistant unless I'm making it myself.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3398 on: March 19, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »

I have been drinking Dogfishhead 60 & 90 minute IPAs lately. 

That Bud, for lack of a better description, tastes a little "flat".  Have tried them 3 times - 3 different locations.  Very consistent, though.  Not enough hops, but maybe they are looking to bring the Bud Light drinkers up the flavor ladder a little?

See more Stella Artois than ever now.  Buying Bud put InBev in a LOT of new markets with Stella.

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #3399 on: March 19, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »

I thought the same thing.  I was expecting a Pale Ale or IPA hopness that simply wasn't there.  I guess it's baby steps for them.  I was looking forward to a beer I like for less than $1/bottle but so far it simply is nonexistant unless I'm making it myself.

I have been drinking Dogfishhead 60 & 90 minute IPAs lately. 

That Bud, for lack of a better description, tastes a little "flat".  Have tried them 3 times - 3 different locations.  Very consistent, though.  Not enough hops, but maybe they are looking to bring the Bud Light drinkers up the flavor ladder a little?

See more Stella Artois than ever now.  Buying Bud put InBev in a LOT of new markets with Stella.

They have to catering to the mass market that brought them and their name to where they are, remember most of their customers think Bud Light is the best thing since sliced bread, they have no idea they are just drinking colored rice water, they have been brainwashed by mass marketing for years, but the fact is the market is swinging towards the craft beers, and since their ultimate strategy is all about market share, if they don't try to change the mind set of the millions of Americans that drink that chit they may be left in the Ice Age (remember that bandwagon). Baby steps is spot on, first change the label and see how that goes, then add a little flavor at a time so you freak out your customer base and then convince bombard them through endless marketing that this is the light at the end of the tunnel and not an oncomin train.
Toes in the water, ass in the sand

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #3400 on: March 20, 2009, 09:41:27 AM »

They have to catering to the mass market that brought them and their name to where they are, remember most of their customers think Bud Light is the best thing since sliced bread, they have no idea they are just drinking colored rice water, they have been brainwashed by mass marketing for years, but the fact is the market is swinging towards the craft beers, and since their ultimate strategy is all about market share, if they don't try to change the mind set of the millions of Americans that drink that chit they may be left in the Ice Age (remember that bandwagon). Baby steps is spot on, first change the label and see how that goes, then add a little flavor at a time so you freak out your customer base and then convince bombard them through endless marketing that this is the light at the end of the tunnel and not an oncomin train.

Am in the food biz - for many years.  Hershey changes their milk chocolate formula subtly from time to time to take the flavor profile up to a higher level.  Frito Lay makes highly flavored/colored salty snacks in comparison to their traditional ones.  Why?  Competition has done this already & they do not wish to lose that market segment.

Bud light is dreck.  Absolute dreck. My opinion.  Also gives me a headache - truthfully.  I know more people who drink Bud Light & Miller Lite than anything - they are the vast majority of beer drinkers. 

Mass marketing of lower cost products is a time honored tradition - and Bud as well as Miller pour mega millions into advertising their "light" beers.  Watery beers, although they disagree on that point.

Flavored & vitamin water biz is another area people are buying crap in a bottle for high prices yet think they are getting something "special."  They are getting fleeced, specially, I suppose.

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3401 on: March 20, 2009, 10:03:32 AM »

Ooooo...oooooo Marzen.... :-*

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #3402 on: March 21, 2009, 04:18:35 PM »

This year’s international celebration of homebrewed beer will be Saturday, May 2.  In the United States Big Brew coincides with National Homebrew Day. 

Last year more than 10,500 gallons were brewed at 242 sites by almost 4000 participants on six continents worldwide.  Sites were registered in 42 states in the US, as well as in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, England, Israel, Kenya, The Netherlands, Russia, and Uruguay.

What is Big Brew?  Brewers and beer enthusiasts around the world will celebrate their hobby, great homebrewed beer and camaraderie by brewing one of two “Big Brew” award winning recipes that have been brewed by professional breweries.   Big Brew Headquarters is at the Boulder, Colorado based American Homebrewers Association.  At noon, Central Time participants cheer the day with simultaneous toast.

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3403 on: March 23, 2009, 08:19:41 AM »

Tried the Dogfish Head 90 IPA, pretty good, of course lots of hops, more of a sweet malty flavor than most IPA, 9% Alcohol. Not bad, but I've had other IPA's I like better.

Craig

BalDeagle

• FLHRSE3 Candy Cobalt with Pale Gold Leafing Graphics
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • Do it today, tomorrow may be too late......
« Reply #3404 on: March 23, 2009, 04:49:22 PM »

Yea, it was different, was going to ask you if you ever had it. There's a lot of distilleries on that island, I looked it up when looking for info on Laphroaig.

I'll have to see if I can find this one.

Craig

Jan just got me another bottle today. Can't stop drinking the stuff.

Nige
Don't leave it until tomorrow, do it today !

110 SERK FLHRSE3
Power Commander
Doherty PowerPacc + PowerVents + Mystfree
Vance & Hines Slip ons + V & H True Duals
Lots of other shiny bits!
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 299

Page created in 0.172 seconds with 21 queries.