Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 299

Author Topic: Friday Beer Thread  (Read 733107 times)

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: Friday Beer Thread
« Reply #3555 on: February 14, 2011, 12:06:33 PM »

Very glad to see you back amongst the Harley riders Terry!

If you & your BSR make it down this way be sure & let us know.  Will buy the first  :drink: :drink:

Will do, Mike.   :2vrolijk_21:  Judi's brother lives down in Boca Raton, so we'll probably make a tour of FL at some point...perhaps head down to the Keys via the East Coast, then back up the West Coast.  Might be this Fall or next Spring.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3556 on: February 14, 2011, 12:07:09 PM »

This kit came with a 50cc bottle of bourbon concentrate.  I was thinking the same thing about the bourbon being too strong.  This is the concentrated flavor that moonshine makers use to make their distillates pallitable.  I'll still use it all.  I like bourbon enough to have it be a distinctive flavor within the final product.  It also has oak staves for aging in the secondary.  I'll let it go a few weeks there to maximize the steap.

Well try it and if it's overpowering the brew, you can use less. I like the Bourbon , adds a little to the ABV%. I'd steam the wood for a while to get rid of any possible contamination on them. Let us know how it comes out. Do you know the name of the Bourbon extract? Sounds interesting.

Craig

jaxx

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 cvo road glide ultra
    • CVO2: 2011 tri glide classic
« Reply #3557 on: February 14, 2011, 12:08:19 PM »

l like yeungling and any free beer offered.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #3558 on: February 14, 2011, 12:09:58 PM »

Making my mouth water...here is a pic of a vat of 150 proof whiskey at Belmont Farms, Culpeper Va. we toured on a ride one Saturday.
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Hugh Janis

• Jim
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Cherry and Black
« Reply #3559 on: February 14, 2011, 12:13:05 PM »

Craig, I think its from Brew Craft. I've had shine with it in and its surprisingly good. Check the link I posted above. I believe Wendy has the flavor concentrates listed there.
"I don't mind coming to work,
But that eight hour wait to go home is a bitch."

Click link for BBQ song..   http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1825742

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3560 on: February 14, 2011, 03:16:28 PM »

Will do, Mike.   :2vrolijk_21:  Judi's brother lives down in Boca Raton, so we'll probably make a tour of FL at some point...perhaps head down to the Keys via the East Coast, then back up the West Coast.  Might be this Fall or next Spring.

Just give us a shout or a pm or a smoke signal & will look forward to it. :2vrolijk_21:

By then Miker will be up & running & he has been known to take a Keys trip or 3.  He took the BSR & me & some other CVOers to a Key West place a while back with chickens running around the yard that had the BEST lobstah eggs benedict I have ever had.  Not to mention the copious amounts of Bloody Marys...

:drink:
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3561 on: February 14, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »

Just give us a shout or a pm or a smoke signal & will look forward to it. :2vrolijk_21:

By then Miker will be up & running & he has been known to take a Keys trip or 3.  He took the BSR & me & some other CVOers to a Key West place a while back with chickens running around the yard that had the BEST lobstah eggs benedict I have ever had.  Not to mention the copious amounts of Bloody Marys...

That sounds awesome, though I've never had Lobstah eggs benedict...they sound delicious though, and the Bloody Marys are always something I can have one or five of.  That will be on our agenda, for sure.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #3562 on: February 14, 2011, 03:55:33 PM »

That sounds awesome, though I've never had Lobstah eggs benedict...they sound delicious though, and the Bloody Marys are always something I can have one or five of.  That will be on our agenda, for sure.

They are!  Place is called Blue Heaven & it is as Key West as it comes.  http://www.yelp.com/biz/blue-heaven-key-west

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #3563 on: February 14, 2011, 04:28:21 PM »

BEST lobstah eggs benedict I have ever had.  Not to mention the copious amounts of Bloody Marys...

Just reading this made my Gout flare up.  :'( aaaarrgh. spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #3564 on: February 14, 2011, 05:09:31 PM »

Just reading this made my Gout flare up.  :'( aaaarrgh. spyder

Cheaper than a Glare flare up.   :confused5:

Ok, that was lame.   :huepfenlol2:

Even by my non existent standard of decorum - nonsense.   :pepper:

There is a new Atlas Shrugged movie coming out though.   :pepper:

Too obscure, nobody will probably get the reference.   :nixweiss:

:nixweiss:
Who is John Gout?

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #3565 on: February 14, 2011, 05:55:49 PM »

Oh mah gawd...I think I feel a need to head to sunny Florida sometime soon! I'll be figuring something out for saddlebags here shortly so's I can do a few-day-ride-thingy. Also, anyone heading into Northern Virginia, keep me in mind. I have the bar at approx. 80% completion. I figure I'll be getting the home brew thing going in the next month or two...
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #3566 on: February 15, 2011, 02:45:01 AM »

l like yeungling and any free beer offered.

Buncha drunks friends drank up all my Yuengling & for them it was free but I know where their refigerators are.

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

« Reply #3567 on: February 15, 2011, 02:46:49 AM »

Oh mah gawd...I think I feel a need to head to sunny Florida sometime soon! I'll be figuring something out for saddlebags here shortly so's I can do a few-day-ride-thingy. Also, anyone heading into Northern Virginia, keep me in mind. I have the bar at approx. 80% completion. I figure I'll be getting the home brew thing going in the next month or two...

Weather in the 70s this week in the NoFl hinterlands.  Daytona is just around the corner.

Post bar pics?

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3568 on: February 15, 2011, 08:03:25 AM »

45 this morning out in the swamp, should warm up nicely, noticed the grass is growing. Prolly gonna mis Eustis and dtona this year... >:(

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3569 on: February 15, 2011, 08:09:37 AM »

8)
Pages: 1 ... 236 237 [238] 239 240 ... 299

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.