Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Opinions re:Fullsac High Flow Power Core 2.25" baffles w/techmat versus 2.0"  (Read 1387 times)

Wrenchspinner3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

I'm just looking for opinions or experiences regarding the Fullsac 2.0" baffles w/techmat kit versus the 2.50" w/techmat kit. I'm wondering if there is a noticeable difference in low or mid-range torque between the two different baffle sizes with my scenario? I have a 2019 CVO Street Glide with the stock CVO cam and will be keeping the stock header with the cat in place and the stock CVO tune at this time. I'm mainly looking for a better sound than the stock mufflers, as well as a possible reduction in some the heat for the passenger. I realize a different head pipe or de-cat of the original head pipe would help the most, but I don't want to go down that road at this time.

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

I'm just looking for opinions or experiences regarding the Fullsac 2.0" baffles w/techmat kit versus the 2.50" w/techmat kit. I'm wondering if there is a noticeable difference in low or mid-range torque between the two different baffle sizes with my scenario? I have a 2019 CVO Street Glide with the stock CVO cam and will be keeping the stock header with the cat in place and the stock CVO tune at this time. I'm mainly looking for a better sound than the stock mufflers, as well as a possible reduction in some the heat for the passenger. I realize a different head pipe or de-cat of the original head pipe would help the most, but I don't want to go down that road at this time.

In the subject line it says 2.0 vs 2.25 core size…. In your post you mention 2.5 core size
With the stock head pipe & stock CVO cam IMO the 2.25 core with tech mat kit sounds great
Here’s a link that Steve did some testing using the 2.5 core for a rider that wanted loud over performance, it surprised Steve with results
https://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=123929.0
2014 FLHRSE6 Orange/Black
2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby/Typhoon [Sold]
2007 SEUC2 Red/Blk [Sold]
2006 SEUC Haze/Black [Sold]
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]
"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"
Phil 4:13

Wrenchspinner3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

Sorry for the typo in the body of my message. I meant 2.25",not 2.50". For what it's worth, I don't see 2.50" cores offered on the website anyway.
So you don't feel you had any loss of low-end torque once you re-cored with the  2.25"? I would imagine the cat is the choke point anyway?
Thanks,
for your reply!

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

Sorry for the typo in the body of my message. I meant 2.25",not 2.50". For what it's worth, I don't see 2.50" cores offered on the website anyway.
So you don't feel you had any loss of low-end torque once you re-cored with the  2.25"? I would imagine the cat is the choke point anyway?
Thanks,
for your reply!

No loss at all, I went with the 2.25 core for tone, the deeper sound compared to the 2.0
Can’t go wrong with either core
I have no plans on replacing the stock head pipe… IMO on a stock engine.. I’d rather spend on a quality tune vs. spending on a after market M8 head pipe & plus the cost of a tune…it’s just not cos effective in my book…The M8 is exhaust finicky, less room for error compared to the Twin Cam’s
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]

Wrenchspinner3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

2.25" cores w/techmat it is then! Just have to wait for the Canadian dollar to ramp up a bit, lol.
Thanks again for your reply!!

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

2.25" cores w/techmat it is then! Just have to wait for the Canadian dollar to ramp up a bit, lol.
Thanks again for your reply!!

:2vrolijk_21:
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]

Wrenchspinner3

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

So the 2.25" Power Cores and techmats have been installed. I did the left side muffler first with no real issues. However, when I knocked the stock baffle out of the right hand side muffler, a woven metal round gasket fell out onto the floor. It appeared to be the correct size to slip over the inlet nipple inside the can, and then the new baffle would slide over that. As I hadn't seen this in the first muffler, and nothing was mentioned about it in the instructions or any videos I had watched, I opted to call Fullsac Performance for confirmation. Steve came on the line and was a great help. He says these gaskets don't normally fall out and are in fact normally very stuck up inside over the nipple. He confirmed that my guess was correct, and that the gasket should be left in place to prevent the baffle from rattling. I shone a flashlight up the first muffler and could in fact see that the gasket was still in place,so all good. I'm very pleased with the deep tone from the new baffles w/techmats. I've only been able to do a few short rides due to poor weather, and I don't feel that there has been any loss of torque on the bottom end, and the bike seems to pull as good or better than it did with the stock baffles. The new sound is certainly not obnoxious. Service from Fullsac to Canada was quick and friendly. 

Mr D

• 1K CVO Member
    • WI

So the 2.25" Power Cores and techmats have been installed. I did the left side muffler first with no real issues. However, when I knocked the stock baffle out of the right hand side muffler, a woven metal round gasket fell out onto the floor. It appeared to be the correct size to slip over the inlet nipple inside the can, and then the new baffle would slide over that. As I hadn't seen this in the first muffler, and nothing was mentioned about it in the instructions or any videos I had watched, I opted to call Fullsac Performance for confirmation. Steve came on the line and was a great help. He says these gaskets don't normally fall out and are in fact normally very stuck up inside over the nipple. He confirmed that my guess was correct, and that the gasket should be left in place to prevent the baffle from rattling. I shone a flashlight up the first muffler and could in fact see that the gasket was still in place,so all good. I'm very pleased with the deep tone from the new baffles w/techmats. I've only been able to do a few short rides due to poor weather, and I don't feel that there has been any loss of torque on the bottom end, and the bike seems to pull as good or better than it did with the stock baffles. The new sound is certainly not obnoxious. Service from Fullsac to Canada was quick and friendly.

Glad it all worked out, Steve has always been great to deal with
Enjoy the ride  :2vrolijk_21:
2005 SEEG Yellow [Sold]
2003 VRSCA [Sold]

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)

Yes, Steve is a good dude with great products and knowledge!
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 22 queries.