Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Siris Reseption Glitch  (Read 525 times)

Joel

• 1K CVO Member
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 CVO LIMITED
Siris Reseption Glitch
« on: August 24, 2022, 04:00:31 PM »

So I finally Re upped Siris radio last weekend, it had been active until a year ago with no reception problems after relocating the antenna outside the fairing, that improved the reception allot.
But when I got to ride it yesterday to work it was cutting out bad, like 3 time per song for a few seconds each time.
As that happened, I watched to signal bars and they always stayed at the max level. I also tried volume up during the no radio time thinking possible guidance from the NAV system, no voice command heard.
Sometimes depending on my direction is, could be better or worse. Began to think of call Siris to disconnect and refresh signal.
I decided to go back into NAV system and highlight MAPS, sure enough guidance commands cutting in telling me to turn south to get to the highway to start my upcoming trip to Caldwell Id. I tapped the 3 bars to open the STOP option, selected stop and sure enough the cutting out radio signal stopped, and the music lived on. 
Always keep 2 feet away from your shadow

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Siris Reseption Glitch
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 04:23:58 PM »

:oops:  :huepfenlol2:   :huepfenlol2:  GOOD JOB! 

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 12:18:34 PM »

Glad you figured it out but if you ever feel the need to refresh Sirus/XM you can do it online. Calling them can be a stressful situation at times. The online deal is easy to do. FYI.

smkymtnboy

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: flhxse
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5
    • CVO3: flhtcuse6
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 01:08:02 PM »

Glad you figured it out but if you ever feel the need to refresh Sirus/XM you can do it online. Calling them can be a stressful situation at times. The online deal is easy to do. FYI.
calling them is stressful!? that is an understatement! love the radio. but, the pain is not worth the pleasure. for me anyway!

kevin_n

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WI

• CVO1: 2016 SESG
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 05:44:41 PM »

I need to do a refresh on my bike about once a summer. Just get my phone out and do the refresh online, simple and easy, no need to talk to anyone.  ;D

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 21 queries.