Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: ÜBER VERRAT DENKEN (THINKING ABOUT TREASON)  (Read 2700 times)

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
Re: ÜBER VERRAT DENKEN (THINKING ABOUT TREASON)
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2022, 03:27:30 PM »

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for the informative and helpful comments! I just sent off the wire to Long Beach BMW for the bike, 4-year warranty extension and wheel & tire package. I would love to keep the CVO but there is no room in the garage. Now, when H-D updates the touring frame... I think this will be fun for a while and like a Harley guy, I'm already thinking of mods...   Anyone interested in some H-D Jackets?

JC, I had seen that thread but thank you! Your memory is impeccable.

Mark, Yes, water cooling! Noticed the lack of heat on the 95* test ride.

Alan, Very helpful! The new GA's have updated electronics, stereo and a 10" + touchscreen that controls everything.

Flydog, Correct but this one is OK. That is why there are very few out there, however.

Dave, Correct on the visceral. But speed is addictive. I rode the Pan America and thought it would be a great second bike.

Again, thank you all!

Greg,

Congrats on the new purchase!  You bought more than a motorcycle, you bought peace of mind.  No more going on a cross country trip and worrying about when the lifters will grenade. Although you didn't mention it, once you use it you're going to love reverse! 

It's a shame you can't keep the CVO RGU.  Maybe build a ramp, slide the grand piano over and park it in the house.

I imagine you will be joining BMW forums.  Will we lose your knowledge and wisdom here?  I hope not.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2022, 06:55:12 PM »

Thanks, Mark. I suspect I'll be around. There is a lot more than just Harley knowledge here. Looks like I'll be selling a few things:
Condor chock
Pitbull motorcycle lift
Miscellaneous jackets including the coveted Screaming Eagle jacket (Large)
A set of H-D 13 inch coilover shocks
Tour pack detach kit

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2022, 06:58:55 PM »

I'm sure I'll think of more. The 34 mile ride home from Long Beach BMW was a hoot. Temperature hit 104* but no heat rising from the water cooled 6.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2022, 07:00:48 PM »

Ordered the Akrapovic silencers. Oh those trash cans!  :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:
Going to miss the CVO.

Sawyer Brown

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2022, 08:00:02 PM »

Ordered the Akrapovic silencers. Oh those trash cans!  Going to miss the CVO.

Greg,

Have you heard the Remus exhaust for the Bimmer?  I think it has a bit more bite.  Like JC said check with Steve at FullSac.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2022, 11:41:03 PM »

here is a couple pics with the Remus exhaust and RDL seat
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2022, 11:42:08 PM »

Pic 2
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2022, 11:49:59 PM »

and of course a few other "Harley" touches-full Remus exhaust, blacked out just about everything including the blue in the BMW roundel, real rear and front speakers, additional lights, pull car risers and mini apes (have ones another inch taller on now).
BTW, JC is to blame for this bike. When I was fighting with Harley on my buy back he talked me into trying this bike when he was about to get one. I pulled the trigger and he backed out. Like the guy that says "lets jump together, ready 1,2,3, jump.."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2022, 11:51:45 PM by SDCVO »
Alan

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #23 on: September 08, 2022, 12:31:47 AM »

and of course a few other "Harley" touches-full Remus exhaust, blacked out just about everything including the blue in the BMW roundel, real rear and front speakers, additional lights, pull car risers and mini apes (have ones another inch taller on now).
BTW, JC is to blame for this bike. When I was fighting with Harley on my buy back he talked me into trying this bike when he was about to get one. I pulled the trigger and he backed out. Like the guy that says "lets jump together, ready 1,2,3, jump.."

Alan,  did you have to get a tune after installing the Remus exhaust or was it just a swap and ride?

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2022, 04:19:43 PM »

Greg,

Have you heard the Remus exhaust for the Bimmer?  I think it has a bit more bite.  Like JC said check with Steve at FullSac.

Mark

Yes, heard both. The dealer's service department says there is no need to retune. Bren tuning, however, has a stage 1 tune for the Grand America and it will take into account any mods. It renders a little more power but more importantly, smoother throttle response and it removes the speed limiter of 105 mph.

Sawyer Brown

GregKhougaz

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2022, 04:21:16 PM »

👍👍 That bike is sick! 👍👍

Sawyer Brown

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2022, 07:09:08 PM »

Please don't post any more pics of that bike.  Seriously, please, don't do it again.  It hurts my pledge to not be interested in new bikes....  ???

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2022, 11:01:55 PM »

Alan,  did you have to get a tune after installing the Remus exhaust or was it just a swap and ride?
I did a tune but didn't need to. I wanted to get rid of the 101 limiter the GA comes with as well as fix the throttle response on the 19. I hear the 22 doesn't have the throttle response issue. If you don't have a issue with the limiter you don't need a tune if you are ok with stock power (which for sure is significant)
Alan

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2022, 11:20:15 PM »

Yes, heard both. The dealer's service department says there is no need to retune. Bren tuning, however, has a stage 1 tune for the Grand America and it will take into account any mods. It renders a little more power but more importantly, smoother throttle response and it removes the speed limiter of 105 mph.
Greg, if you decide to tune the guy that tuned mine is same guy that tuned the world record Bonneville BMW bike for BMW San Diego that the dealer turned me onto. I did the Bren tune first and put about 30000 miles on it. Definitely a difference but when this guy did it (dealer talked me into it) it was like a different bike! Cost was around $600 if my memory correct. Best money I spent on that bike!
His info is Curtice Thom email-skrmotoflash@gmil.com 619-888-5850

Alan

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2023, 07:39:12 PM »

It’s not treason, it’s forward thinking.

I considered the BMW too, but with as much touring as we do, I found Honda had more dealerships nation wide. Yes the Grand America is a bit faster, but I found it to be top heavy compared to the GoldWing. And in Sport mode the GoldWing will run right with it. Some folks flat out refuse to own a Japanese bike and I guess that’s up to them. I just came back from the Bend, OR ride and the GoldWing did great. Pulling a trailer I averaged 50mpgs on the road, and it takes 87 octane. The BMW requires premium.

You’re a Porsche owner so I can see why the BMW is attractive to you. Go ahead and get it. If you don’t like it you can get rid of it and get something else.

THe local Stealer also sells BMW... there is a GTL sitting on the right side of the doorway, and its been there over a year... Everytime I walk in for parts I look at it... I actually like the color.

BUT, from my years in the automotive industry, and my time owning a meticulously maintained 633csi, the acronym "BIG MONEY WASTED" resonates in my head every time I look at that bike.

European vehicle = European maintenance costs.  = $$$$ nothing is cheap, or ever available on island for us here.

THe local police department went away from HD years ago due to reliablilty issues... the death-wobble, etc. I think it was more rider error than the bikes.

I looked at Indian.. ick. cant do it...  What do they say about insanty repeating itself?

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 21 queries.