Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Author Topic: 2023 CVO's  (Read 28405 times)

2018_FLTRXSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Wait 6 months?... YES it was worth the wait!
    • HI

• CVO1: 2018_FLTRXSE, Gunship Grey, (Delivered July 28, 2018... after almost 9 )
    • CVO2: 2001_FLTRSEI, Grey/Black/Silver w/Hannigan Hack and a blast to ride.
    • CVO3: 2012_FLTRXSE, Maple/Black (Delivered 1/20/2012 - Traded 10/25/2017)
Re: 2023 CVO's
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2023, 03:40:23 PM »

I get both sides...

There does seem to be a lot of negativity on this board, just an opinion, perhaps I am looking at the wrong threads.  Things do change - my GM diesel pickup now costs over $80K when I used to buy them for $40K.  To me it still holds it's value well, so I continue to buy.  If I didn't, I would not see the purpose in complaining about what I used to buy/get and why an Isuzu truck is so great, GM doesn't care and will sell every one they make no problem.

The new bikes are expensive and they are not as "special" as CVOs used to be, again my opinion.  But, I'm not aware of stockpiles of unsold CVOs, so buyers somewhere are taking the plunge and see the value.  I cannot blame HD for increasing prices/margins when the demand appears strong.  Perhaps some here feel "cheated", but things change.  If HD does not need to spend the $ on R&D, custom touches, CBs, etc and people are still buying CVOs at increased prices, so it goes, the law of supply and demand.

Buy what you like - new CVO, old CVO, Jap bike, hey whatever makes you happy, but BE HAPPY!

Since I've been off the board for a while, and I've been playing catch-up this thread caught my attention...

1) Because I had been hoping and dreaming to buy a newer model Duramax, but they were so freaking expensive, even used, and I'm a frugal (Translate that as a Cheap bastard)

2) Because I have both a 2001 SE Road Glide that's my "Beater"/ Dog hauler with a sidecar, and a 2018 CVO RG that's my less of a beater. and more of a weekend, going out bike .. then there's the stupid fast, 2019 FXDR-S with a 120" Just in case I get a wild hair up my behind bike." . Then I saw a Goldwing F6B for sale... it was black was inexpensive.. well maintained. Fortunately it got sold before I got to look at it!

I'm not a European bike guy.. not that they aren't reliable, but for us, the dealer is all the same... HD, BMW and Honda are all serviced by the SAME shop. Once its outside of the Warranty period, I'd rather own the Honda and perform regular maintenance myself. (Tires and brakes excluded) . Local PD also rides BMW as well.

I get the reasons some guys are deciding to go to Honda, BMW, whatever... The riding experience is far superior and more refined than HD's, hands down.

Don't believe me? go rent one from Eagle Rider... you will be amazed! (and these bikes are pretty well beat on.) Like other's have posted, if you have a good relationship with the dealer, they may just toss you the keys to a 'wing and let you ride one. That's how I got hooked on the F6B.

My daily commute now, is 30 miles each way... some days with traffic, some without. A 'Wing tourer with the comforts of a living room would be nice. and I wouldnt have to worry about it overheating.

But to each their own...

Remember to respect each other, and our opinions, its what makes this country great.   

No more Hawaii HOG Rally... ask HOG why...

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2023, 01:25:29 AM »

I love Apple CarPlay, it's maps and so on.  That said it's not a reliable solution for GPS and AM in my opinion.  Lots of the area in the Smoky Mountains where I ride there is no data service or cell service.  I find the same thing when riding the Rocky Mountains.  Also sparkly populated areas of the plains states, if you get away from the interstate there is little to no service.

In town and on the interstate I use CarPlay on my Bike, in my corvette and in my Bronco.  In the Smoky mountains and off the beaten path I use vehicle Nav and XM or the bike my play list.
Use waze, if you lose cellular data, you will lose the live traffic updates but the navigation will continue to function. Your iPhone has a built in gps chip in it.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #137 on: March 25, 2023, 02:53:04 PM »

I have been told Waze now owned by Google and is virtually identical to Google Maps and Waze is going away in the future.

kojak

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #138 on: March 25, 2023, 04:05:22 PM »

It's been  owned by google for several years but its different. Google maps is great for walking, biking etc. Waze is a social media based navigation that is specifically for driving. The people using waze update each other on what they see so its live for speed traps, traffic congestion etc plus its the best navigation I've seen for rerouting when there is a wreck causing severe slow downs. Its so useful I gave up apple maps for it.
kojak
2022 CVO RGL
2022 Apex FLTRK Traded
2021 CVO Limited Bronze Armor Sold
2019 RGS Billiard Blue Traded
2017 CVO Limited Spiked Olive Traded
2016 CVO SG Stardust Traded
2013 CVO RG Atomic Orange Sold
2010 CVO SG Cobalt Sold
2007 CVO RK Blue Traded
2005 CVO EG Teal Traded
And some 20 other bikes over 45 years

Pan1

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2023, 11:47:37 PM »

looks like this became a phone forum. I have owned several CVO's but a 52k price for CVORG Limited is just plain stupid. No stretched bags, sub par power unless you spend more money for performance upgrades and an average stereo. A little more money can buy a nice sports car.

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #140 on: April 14, 2023, 09:26:20 AM »

It’s not the motorcycle itself that I dislike or have a problem with, matter of fact I’ve tried to make myself purchase another brand and I’m still riding a HD even though it’s 15 years old. What other brand can you still buy new parts for from the manufacture that is this old, while that statement holds true it’s also a testament on old technology in use but such an increase in MSRP. They did introduce a new engine and infotainment system along the way but my 2009 is still similar to the 2023 in many ways.

In 2019 I considered buying a new bike vs keeping my 09 and go thru it, I chose the latter and at that time I was already a DIY’er so I jumped in head first. Money wasn’t an issue and I replaced most every part or bought most every part because I didn’t want the parts to become obsolete and unobtainable. I still have a shelf full of parts in my garage. Yes I’m buried in it but with the time and effort I have involved in it I renewed my passion of motorcycling along the way, I’ve gained some new skills too. I was losing some passion and forgetting what made me happy in the first place, riding and brotherhood.

This forum has introduced me to a variety of people from all over and I’ve gained a few lifetime friends, some friends I’ve never met in person. I may come across as abrasive at times but that’s just my defense wall. I enjoy the fellowship at the GTG’s and look forward to the next one. If you haven’t attended one may I suggest you do.

Whatever clique you belong to I hope everyone has an outstanding year of riding, making new friends along with unforgettable memories we all have with this great hobby of motorcycling. I hope to see y’all on the road. Be safe and enjoy! Right or wrong you don’t have to read my mind, I offer it up on a regular basis, let’s talk about it while being civil.

I’m anticipating a new lineup from HD in the near future and curious if it will entice me to have one of my own.

If we were all the same wouldn’t it be boring.

Lets Ride!   :orange:
Wut the hell was that maneuver

KGB

• 1K CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • OH

• CVO1: 2016 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
    • CVO2: 2019 FLHTKSE Magnetic Grey/Wineberry w Red Pepper
« Reply #141 on: April 14, 2023, 07:16:23 PM »

It’s not the motorcycle itself that I dislike or have a problem with, matter of fact I’ve tried to make myself purchase another brand and I’m still riding a HD even though it’s 15 years old. What other brand can you still buy new parts for from the manufacture that is this old, while that statement holds true it’s also a testament on old technology in use but such an increase in MSRP. They did introduce a new engine and infotainment system along the way but my 2009 is still similar to the 2023 in many ways.

In 2019 I considered buying a new bike vs keeping my 09 and go thru it, I chose the latter and at that time I was already a DIY’er so I jumped in head first. Money wasn’t an issue and I replaced most every part or bought most every part because I didn’t want the parts to become obsolete and unobtainable. I still have a shelf full of parts in my garage. Yes I’m buried in it but with the time and effort I have involved in it I renewed my passion of motorcycling along the way, I’ve gained some new skills too. I was losing some passion and forgetting what made me happy in the first place, riding and brotherhood.

This forum has introduced me to a variety of people from all over and I’ve gained a few lifetime friends, some friends I’ve never met in person. I may come across as abrasive at times but that’s just my defense wall. I enjoy the fellowship at the GTG’s and look forward to the next one. If you haven’t attended one may I suggest you do.

Whatever clique you belong to I hope everyone has an outstanding year of riding, making new friends along with unforgettable memories we all have with this great hobby of motorcycling. I hope to see y’all on the road. Be safe and enjoy! Right or wrong you don’t have to read my mind, I offer it up on a regular basis, let’s talk about it while being civil.

I’m anticipating a new lineup from HD in the near future and curious if it will entice me to have one of my own.

In your words Phil "Roger That"
2018 MITM Eureka Springs
2018 WV GTG
2018 Maggie Valley GTG
2019 MITM Eureka Springs
2019 Maggie Valley GTG
2020 Maggie Valley GTG
2021 WV GTG
2021 Maggie Valley GTG
2022 Ohio GTG
2023 1/2 Maggie Valley GTG

Mr. Warlock

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited - unnamed
    • CVO2: 2011 Softail Convertable "Bourbon Betty" - Traded
    • CVO3: 2005 SE FatBoy - Sold
« Reply #142 on: April 15, 2023, 04:53:08 AM »

:2vrolijk_21:
Lived hard and fast, laughed harder than humans have a right to and continue to do so.

CaffeineBuzz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

« Reply #143 on: April 18, 2023, 01:05:47 PM »

read through all 10 pages expecting to see someone bring up the mid year '23 CVOs that are coming...lots of rumors and such going around, but they are coming

BigLew55

• Elite CVO Member
    • IA

« Reply #144 on: April 18, 2023, 03:39:33 PM »

read through all 10 pages expecting to see someone bring up the mid year '23 CVOs that are coming...lots of rumors and such going around, but they are coming
There's a thread in here somewhere, but my googleFu failed me.
Big Lew
IBA #595

bigC

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE gone
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE sold
« Reply #145 on: April 18, 2023, 03:49:00 PM »

There's a thread in here somewhere, but my googleFu failed me.

It's under Other Topics > New Models or fake.
Maggie Valley 2016     MITM ES 2017   WV GTG 2018 
Maggie valley 2017     MITM ES 2018   WV GTG 2021
Maggie Valley 2018     MITM ES 2019   OH GTG 2022
Maggie Valley 2019
Maggie Valley 2022
Maggie Valley 2023

Jbbrown73

• Elite CVO Member
    • IL

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RG Ultra
    • CVO2: 2002 FLHRSEI (Brandywine)
« Reply #146 on: August 14, 2023, 11:30:07 AM »

I checked out the new models in Sturgis. They look pretty good from the engine forward. The rear end and bags are hideous. It looks like a Volkswagen Beetle from the rear end. The bag sides bulge out to almost round. One of my buddies rode one, he said the power was incredible. The suspension and braking was improved but not where it should be. The electronics were cool if you're into that. He said that engine sounded like a bunch of bolts in a coffee can it had so much valve train noise.

Take this evaluation for what it's worth, my opinion. And we all know what opinions are like!

JB
Carterville, (Southern) Illinois (that would be 350 miles south of Chicago)

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #147 on: August 14, 2023, 12:08:57 PM »

I checked out the new models in Sturgis. They look pretty good from the engine forward. The rear end and bags are hideous. It looks like a Volkswagen Beetle from the rear end. The bag sides bulge out to almost round. One of my buddies rode one, he said the power was incredible. The suspension and braking was improved but not where it should be. The electronics were cool if you're into that. He said that engine sounded like a bunch of bolts in a coffee can it had so much valve train noise.

Take this evaluation for what it's worth, my opinion. And we all know what opinions are like!

JB
Thanks for the feedback, I was hoping this thread would come to life.
I'm surprised more people are not commenting on the New style bikes.

Aussie

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus
« Reply #148 on: August 14, 2023, 06:53:57 PM »

Going off the pictures I have seen the lines on the new shape are sharp, I did see written somewhere the tank has a thinner skin hence the sharper lines along the top edges.
I like the old smooth look better JMO.
Until I see one in person its hard to make judgment but I am sure they will look good.

I have heard the motor on a few you tube clips and of the same opinion on the engine rattles. mmm ??? 

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2023, 08:21:00 AM »

I have seen both the street glide and Road glide in person.  I have also seen both colors.  The dark platinum is nice, but to me just doesn't say CVO.  The Whiskey Neat is very nice, and does say CVO.  Lots of small details in both bikes.  I like the overall look of the bikes.  Fairing on both looks good, the street glide has a nice slide out drawer for your phone.  The Road glide fairing has bigger compartments in the fairing, there are wind deflectors on the side of the fairing to block or direct air flow. 

Tank looks good, just not a fan of the badge they used on the tank.  The bags flow well with the new tank and side covers.  Rear fender is good, but I am not a fan of the new tail lights.  I understand why they stick out like they do for better visibility.  Lighting is definatley better on these bikes.  The infotainment system now has your gauges too.  It looks great and you have 3 layout choices.  The road glide does a better job concealing the radiator and hoses.

Over all I like the changes. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 15

Page created in 0.219 seconds with 23 queries.