Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: Statistical Poll for 2007 110" owners  (Read 72820 times)

RJW

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 Sold
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE5d #506
    • CVO3: 2015 FLHXSE
Re: Statistical Poll for 2007 110" owners
« Reply #465 on: January 09, 2009, 10:21:42 PM »

6800 miles, rear cylinder gasket leak.

JeffsHogPen

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FXSTSSE
    • CVO2: 2001 FLHR
« Reply #466 on: January 10, 2009, 03:09:41 PM »

Hello I'm Jeff and I have a 2007 FXSTSSE that I purchased in October with 900 miles already on it. I now have almost 2,100 miles on it. The upgrade was already done on it before I bought the Bike. At this time it is not leaking and to my knowledge it never has. This is according to HD. But who Knows for sure? The jugs are not stained. So that is a sign that it has never leaked. One thing I would like to comment on. I had know clue that there was a problem with the 110 Engine before my purchase of this Bike. The Dealership sure did not explain to me anything either. I did feel a little  :oops: after paying so much for what might be a regret if HARLEY DAVIDSON does not stand behind this Engine. I have changed pipes and breather and down loaded a race tuner and had it dynod so that it will not run so lean. Besides that all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best.
Hookem¨Horns!!!!!

Coyote.

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 SE Ultra - Buried in the back yard where it belongs.
    • CVO2: Already learned that lesson
« Reply #467 on: January 12, 2009, 12:23:45 AM »

Hello I'm Jeff and I have a 2007 FXSTSSE that I purchased in October with 900 miles already on it. I now have almost 2,100 miles on it. The upgrade was already done on it before I bought the Bike. At this time it is not leaking and to my knowledge it never has. This is according to HD. But who Knows for sure? The jugs are not stained. So that is a sign that it has never leaked. One thing I would like to comment on. I had know clue that there was a problem with the 110 Engine before my purchase of this Bike. The Dealership sure did not explain to me anything either. I did feel a little  :oops: after paying so much for what might be a regret if HARLEY DAVIDSON does not stand behind this Engine. I have changed pipes and breather and down loaded a race tuner and had it dynod so that it will not run so lean. Besides that all I can do is cross my fingers and hope for the best.

Your bike does not have enough miles but it will leak, IT WILL LEAK..... HD has made a mockery of this problem with band aid fixes and will probably never really fix the problem. I gave up at 40000 miles and had after market cylinders installed and my bike runs fine now. Just today I did a rear tire change (my self) and the IDS that they recommended be installed was in pieces. The rubber was gone and the bearing literally fell out with the rear wheel removal. I put the stock pulley back in. Time for everyone to wise up on the HD cooperate misconduct. JMO 

But I'm sure yours will be fine. ;)

2008fb

« Reply #468 on: June 30, 2009, 11:26:43 AM »

I had the 110 big bore kit installed on my 2008 fatboy when I purchased the bike new.I now have 2500 miles on it. The bike has been in the shop 4 times to fix the oil leaks . The last time they replaced the casings it took them 6 weeks . I have had it home for 2 weeks and I'm starting to see some oil at the base of the rear jug again . This is getting to be very frustrating I wish Harley would step up to the plate and do something

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #469 on: June 30, 2009, 11:43:01 AM »

Looks like if you have a 110 motor you need to balance and weld the crank, change cylinders to Axtell's or something similar, add some kind of tuner,SERT,TTS,PC etc, AC, Better exhaust. Or build to 113 or 117.That is if you choose to keep the 110. And then you might have some peace of mind and be able to just ride and enjoy. After all that is why most of us bought these bikes to begin with. And yes I have a 07 and have had the same leaks etc as everyone else. I chose to install another motor. And my fingers are crossed as It will be ready to pick up any day now. At least I still have my old faithfull 96 wide glide that has NEVER let me down.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #470 on: June 30, 2009, 12:21:23 PM »

OR..trade it for a BMW!
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

jgandara

• johnny gandara
  • Ride today, rust tomorrow.

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE5 Crimson Black/Slate
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE2 Black Ice/Electric Orange, international
« Reply #471 on: June 30, 2009, 05:41:48 PM »

A friend has a '06 BMW GS1200 Adventure and at 30,000 miles rear end bearings had too much backlash or play, and damage ring and pinion. Dealer changed all internal parts for $2,500 and 2 weeks at shop. Other guys had same problem with similar BMW's and ABS problems too. The only thing here, is that their bikes cost less than half price than ours. Last December, let my bike at Tucson, AZ dealer, replace both heads by a factory recall, both cylinders for abnormal wear and 3rd time rear jug oil leak at bottom, 2nd time heated grips replaced, and was ready in MARCH, yes in MARCH. Now having problems with starter, sometimes spin and hard to start engine, and trans. sensor oil leak, and again, for 4th time, rear jug oil leak at bottom just beggining. And yes, I have Rineharts true duals, SE air intake with K&N, S&S 585 gear driven cams, ported stock heads, SE 10.3:1 forged pistons, SE 50mm throttle body, and of course, SERT. My warranty expires on July 20. :soapbox:
johnny gandara

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #472 on: June 30, 2009, 11:33:46 PM »

I just hate hearing all the issues with Harley's so called top of the line bikes. But then if it weren't for this site I guess I would think I'm the only one. I guess every manufacturer has it's problems if a person has enough access to their owners. And if you don't have an oil temp gauge or don't look you won't know how hot it is or if it leaks. :nixweiss:

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #473 on: July 01, 2009, 06:30:21 PM »

A friend has a '06 BMW GS1200 Adventure and at 30,000 miles rear end bearings had too much backlash or play, and damage ring and pinion. Dealer changed all internal parts for $2,500 and 2 weeks at shop. Other guys had same problem with similar BMW's and ABS problems too. The only thing here, is that their bikes cost less than half price than ours. Last December, let my bike at Tucson, AZ dealer, replace both heads by a factory recall, both cylinders for abnormal wear and 3rd time rear jug oil leak at bottom, 2nd time heated grips replaced, and was ready in MARCH, yes in MARCH. Now having problems with starter, sometimes spin and hard to start engine, and trans. sensor oil leak, and again, for 4th time, rear jug oil leak at bottom just beggining. And yes, I have Rineharts true duals, SE air intake with K&N, S&S 585 gear driven cams, ported stock heads, SE 10.3:1 forged pistons, SE 50mm throttle body, and of course, SERT. My warranty expires on July 20. :soapbox:

The basic issues are bad enough - but the repeat failures are just to much....

I had you motor issues - and by using virtually all aftermarket parts - fixed them myself - once - over 10,000 miles ago...

I had your heated grip issue - and by using aftermarket "Heat Demons" - fixed them myself - with no repeat failure...   :nixweiss:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #474 on: July 02, 2009, 01:41:51 AM »

I agree with the Heat Demons, no problem since HD Dude changed them out for me and they heat better and you don't have to crank that stupid rubber knob anymore. And Jim fixed the switch on the right side as the left side was already taken by the Legend shock switches. I just wish Jim was closer to me so I could do more of the stuff I can't do. He even cleaned up some of my bad wiring and didn't even raz me about it.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #475 on: July 02, 2009, 07:39:17 PM »

I just got my bile back from Jim's (hd-dood) for an installation of a Pro Clutch since a bunch of the Nor Cal crew has stripped out their clutch hubs. (mine was preventative) Also ended up replacing the primary chain, compensator, inner bearing (2nd one) , and starter clutch (2nd one) due to excessive wear. The chain was wearing like it was missaligned, compensator was grooved up, bearing was walking  and starter clutch bearings were getting real tight so pinion gear was not engaging properly. Starts great and sounds quieter now. Thank god for extended warranties. Have 33K on the bike now.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.