Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: 1999 "Blue Flame" FXR3 Registry  (Read 97007 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: 1999 "Blue Flame" FXR3 Registry
« Reply #150 on: February 01, 2009, 05:03:13 PM »

I might add I still have the highest VIN . . . and wonder . . . . could it be the last blue 3! :nixweiss: :o :huepfenlol2:

HeHe!!! With only 64 ever built, we all have the last ones made!!! And the first!!! ;D ;D ;) :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Ga_Puddles

• 1999 Blue FXR3 Owner

• CVO1: 1999 HD FXR3
    • BikerorNot.com
« Reply #151 on: February 01, 2009, 07:28:45 PM »

anyone can walk up to her bike on the street and get the VIN number ...... that's no big deal
cars you look right through the window and get the VIN

just having the VIN doesn't give away personal identity .............

having said that, and given today's environment about identity theft, I can appreciate persons concerns over such matters.

I agree with both of you on this.  She's a member of bikerornot.com just like I am and I did mention to her it's not any different than having a pic of her bike on that site as well as a nice list of every event she plans to attend.  We will see.  I definitely will pass along the information that there is no pressure to provide her VIN. 

Moon Shadow

« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2009, 05:34:10 PM »

I bought my blue FXR3 in Miami in late 1998.  I still own it.  I have won in many bike shows as well as a car show.  I will think about giving the VIN number.  I was able to find out alot about bike fromthe VIN number through the INternet.  I cover my car VIN ALL the time.  I am a female rider with lots of bikes to ride.  Harleys and sport bikes
Moon Shadow

elvislee

« Reply #153 on: February 03, 2009, 05:56:14 PM »

I bought my blue FXR3 in Miami in late 1998.  I still own it.  I have won in many bike shows as well as a car show.  I will think about giving the VIN number.  I was able to find out alot about bike fromthe VIN number through the INternet.  I cover my car VIN ALL the time.  I am a female rider with lots of bikes to ride.  Harleys and sport bikes
Moon Shadow

Hey Moon Shadow...Cat Stevens wrote a song for you didn't he  :2vrolijk_21:  :D

Just funnin with ya...Hey, welcome aboard and hope you enjoy your stay here. PLEASE post some pics of the Blue 3 and no worries about the VIN. We'll accept ya for who you are  :2vrolijk_21: Please don't be a stranger and when and if you feel like it; tell us about you and your bike   :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 05:58:45 PM by elvislee »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #154 on: February 03, 2009, 06:20:44 PM »

Moon Shadow

Welcome to the site, Moon Shadow!  It's awesome to hear that you're still the original owner of your Blue 3!  Please post a picture or two (or 10 ;D) when you get a chance.

Also, I'd be interested in hearing what sort of info. you were able to glean from the VIN via the internet.  I'm still wantin' to know if I've got "the last Blue 3!" :nixweiss: :o :huepfenlol2:

FXR2evo99

• Elite CVO Member
  • LET IT BREATHHHHEEEE BABY LET IT BREATHEEEE
« Reply #155 on: February 03, 2009, 07:13:11 PM »

Moon Shadow....

You have just increased the population of the female CVO FXR riders here at this Forum by ........ well......shall we say.......what maybe 33% lol.....which is HUGE!!!!!!   :2vrolijk_21:

Welcome to the site....hope you stick around and get to know others here.....anyway an original FXR3 Owner is great....what sport bikes do you ride?

Over at a "THREAD" called "FXR CHATTER" is a great way to get to know some of us other Owners as well.....so take a peek at the "LINK" below and perhaps you will feel comfortable sharing more about your FXR experience....

SIMPLY CLICK, VIEW, & READ:

FXR CHATTER

Regards,

Tim
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 07:15:09 PM by FXR2evo99 »

Ga_Puddles

• 1999 Blue FXR3 Owner

• CVO1: 1999 HD FXR3
    • BikerorNot.com
« Reply #156 on: February 03, 2009, 10:22:53 PM »

Moon Shadow

Hey Moon Shadow glad to see you decided to join.  There are a great bunch of people here to help you out. Blue 3 number 26 has been found. Chat with you soon.  Teresa

revinkevin

« Reply #157 on: February 03, 2009, 11:17:57 PM »

nice sig   :D

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #158 on: February 04, 2009, 02:34:51 AM »

Moon Shadow

Good morning Moon Shadow

:welcome_005: on the CVO website  :2vrolijk_21:

It would be nice for the other members if you present you in the thread New member introduction
with a pic of your bike  ;)

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

RedFXR2

« Reply #159 on: February 04, 2009, 06:52:55 AM »

Welcome to the FXR page, Moon Shadow. :2vrolijk_21:

RedFXR2

« Reply #160 on: February 04, 2009, 07:12:52 AM »

These days with computer records  and such; anyone could bust into the DMV records ( except me) and find an address also. Keep talkin to her and maybe someone brighter than me can come up with a way to identify it for registry records only...

Funny how times change.  In the early 1970's I bought a used Austin-Healey from an individual.  I wanted to know the complete history of the car so I called up the Georgia DMV and asked if they could give me the previous owners of a vehicle if I gave them a VIN.  They said "sure", so I read out the car's VIN and the person gave me the names and addresses of the three previous owners back to the dealership where it was purchased new.  I'm sure that would never happen now--not from a legitimate person, anyway.  I imagine if someone wanted to, they could get into the DMV database....or find someone with a personal connection in the DMV to do it for them.

elvislee

« Reply #161 on: February 04, 2009, 07:39:00 AM »

Funny how times change.  In the early 1970's I bought a used Austin-Healey from an individual.  I wanted to know the complete history of the car so I called up the Georgia DMV and asked if they could give me the previous owners of a vehicle if I gave them a VIN.  They said "sure", so I read out the car's VIN and the person gave me the names and addresses of the three previous owners back to the dealership where it was purchased new.  I'm sure that would never happen now--not from a legitimate person, anyway.  I imagine if someone wanted to, they could get into the DMV database....or find someone with a personal connection in the DMV to do it for them.

As Bob Dylan said; "The times they are a changin". So, did ya pull secret, stealth like midnight raids on their homes to commit carnage and pillageing ???  ;D  Like has been said, anyone wanting to get the info will get it and I can understand Moon Shadow not wanting to make it easier by posting on the net; ya never now who is lurking in cyberspace. Watching the news just a few minutes ago where some store owners have gotten busted by pointing their security cameras at the card swiping pads to catch folk's PIN 's as they type them in...So hey, there's always some jerkoff out there looking over your shoulder

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #162 on: February 04, 2009, 07:43:07 AM »

As Bob Dylan said; "The times they are a changin". So, did ya pull secret, stealth like midnight raids on their homes to commit carnage and pillageing ???  ;D  Like has been said, anyone wanting to get the info will get it and I can understand Moon Shadow not wanting to make it easier by posting on the net; ya never now who is lurking in cyberspace. Watching the news just a few minutes ago where some store owners have gotten busted by pointing their security cameras at the card swiping pads to catch folk's PIN 's as they type them in...So hey, there's always some jerkoff out there looking over your shoulder
They must have a much higher grade of security camera than the ones most have out there that give the low resolution pics.....you can hardly make out gross features much less a card number.  ::) har!  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

elvislee

« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2009, 07:52:49 AM »

They must have a much higher grade of security camera than the ones most have out there that give the low resolution pics.....you can hardly make out gross features much less a card number.  ::) har!  :drink: spyder

Don't know  :nixweiss: I suspect there be some hifalootin camera's out there that could detect a flea on a monkey's ass at 100 yards; so I've been told  :2vrolijk_21:

RedFXR2

« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2009, 09:04:52 AM »

So, did ya pull secret, stealth like midnight raids on their homes to commit carnage and pillageing ???  ;D  Like has been said, anyone wanting to get the info will get it and I can understand Moon Shadow not wanting to make it easier by posting on the net; ya never now who is lurking in cyberspace.

No raids or pillaging but I can also understand one's reluctance to put that info out on the web.  But look at the membership on this board. It amazes me how many of our members willingly put a map down to nearly their street address on their profiles.  Sure would be a breeze to figure out where a lot of these expensive  motorcycle live.  Don't need a VIN or license number.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Page created in 0.222 seconds with 21 queries.