Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: '09 Street Glide exhaust  (Read 2125 times)

w.matthews23

• Junior CVO Member
'09 Street Glide exhaust
« on: September 17, 2009, 12:50:28 AM »

I just got a '09 Street Glide and want some feedback on exhaust systems. I have a '04 SEEG with V&H Big Shot Duals and like them alot but I am looking to get something else for this bike just to do something different. I want the same loudness and a dual pipe. I would also like to get a muffler body with a diameter of about 3". I've looked at the Rhineharts but don't know if I like them or not, what are your opinions? If I cant get a whole exhaust system I guess I would use the V&H header pipes and just use different mufflers. To keep the bike loud I want a muffler with removeable baffles. Also is there anything I can do to make the stock pipes louder? :) :)

REGGAB

Re: '09 Street Glide exhaust
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 05:54:31 AM »

I just got a '09 Street Glide and want some feedback on exhaust systems. I have a '04 SEEG with V&H Big Shot Duals and like them alot but I am looking to get something else for this bike just to do something different. I want the same loudness and a dual pipe. I would also like to get a muffler body with a diameter of about 3". I've looked at the Rhineharts but don't know if I like them or not, what are your opinions? If I cant get a whole exhaust system I guess I would use the V&H header pipes and just use different mufflers. To keep the bike loud I want a muffler with removeable baffles. Also is there anything I can do to make the stock pipes louder? :) :)

Look at a set of V&H Dresser Duals with Oval Slip-Ons.  Recently installed a set of these headers for a friend, but used Monster Ovals.  Came out nice.  Pricey tho'....especially if you have them ceramic coated.

Wanna ride

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 04:11:46 AM »

A bud just recently bought a new '09 Street Glide and he went with the Rinehart slip-ons. At first they didn't sound that impressive, but the more miles he tacks on, the better they sound.

w.matthews23

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 11:28:44 AM »

Did he leave the stock header pipes on?
Is there any way to get the baffles out of the stock pipes?

Wanna ride

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 01:21:44 PM »

Did he leave the stock header pipes on?
Is there any way to get the baffles out of the stock pipes?
Yes, he had to. At the time, all that was available were the slip-on mufflers. As for the baffles, I can't say.

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 04:16:32 PM »

:-X :-X

Rineharts sound great and if the stock ones are to loud, then you can easily quiet them down for about $40.00 from Fuel Moto and an hour of your time.

:apple: :jalapeno: :cucumber: :cherry:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Wanna ride

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 06:17:19 PM »

Too loud? Say it aint so!

w.matthews23

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 07:31:24 PM »

I was afraid that the Rineharts wouldn't  be loud enough. How much are a set of their slip ons?

Diamondback

• Diamondback
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 11:43:49 PM »

:orange: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Not many people think the Rineharts are too quiet.

If our looking for loud, go with the D&D's two into one.  Great performance and they let you know the engine is running.

:coolblue: :coolblue:
2010 FXDFSE2 CVO Fat Bob, V&H staggers, Windshield, saddle bags, passenger back rest. 

2011 CVO Ultra Glide, Progressive Monotubes, Ultra 944's, Power Vision, ceramic headpipes, Cellset, Cee Baileys 15" and Fullsac 1.75"
Former 2009 SE Ultra, Rineharts, Stage I, PC V with autotune non cat header pipe
Former 2007 SE Ultra, D&D, Stage I, TMAT Metzlers
Former 2006 Dragonfly Ultra
Former 1999 Road King

Page created in 0.134 seconds with 20 queries.