Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What do you think about this windshield?  (Read 2266 times)

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
What do you think about this windshield?
« on: March 09, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »

Well so far the ceebaily aint working, nor are the Rush pipes BTW. Thinking of going with this windshield and some SE slip ons with out cats. what do you think.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448766782&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374309374154&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374309374154&bmUID=1268183320764&bmLocale=en_US

MikeV

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE CVO Softail Convertible
Re: What do you think about this windshield?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:26:49 PM »

Newdep,

It's not bad, nice clean lines. I really want something that can be fitted to the stock lower part that came with the convertible. I wonder if one of these can be cut and ground to fit? Might make for an interesting project if you are willing to risk trashing a perfectly good winshield.

What's up with the Rush pipes?

Mike V
Fullsac 1.75" Baffles / TTS / Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads / H-D LED Headlight / CeeBailey Windshield

Blueyz0416

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:41:22 PM »

Sorry to hear the Rush are not working for you, but curious if you're having issues (decel pop or something) or just don't like the sound. I had them on my Deluxe and they were okay, but not as deep of a tone as I was looking for this go around.  Have you heard the SE pipes w/o the cat yet?

The windshield looks good.  What height were you considering?  I personally like the look of the lower profile on the bike.  The one I have is a different part #, buy I like the fact that it is on the low side 58278-95, low profile-lightly smoked, 17.5".

Hope it all works out for you.
Carol

2010 CVO Softail Convertible, "Scarlett"

enormus322

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 09:29:24 PM »

i like the 21" windshield.. put one on my flstse... also put passing lamps on and moved the turn signals down under lamps.. makes for  cleaner, old school look

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 06:40:48 PM »

Sorry it took me so long to get back we are slammed at work. As far s the Rush mufflers goes there was nothing wrong with them they were just to loud and harsh sounding for me. The fit and finish were good, I have no idea if they helped in cooling the bike as it is still very mild here in MI.

I think if someone likes a loud metallic sounding bike they would be fine as they are very deep in tone. They are just not for me.

newdep

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 06:57:35 PM »

Newdep,

It's not bad, nice clean lines. I really want something that can be fitted to the stock lower part that came with the convertible. I wonder if one of these can be cut and ground to fit? Might make for an interesting project if you are willing to risk trashing a perfectly good winshield.

What's up with the Rush pipes?

Mike V

Mike,

Sorry I did not get to respond to your email work is crazy. Hopfully the post above answers your question if not shoot me another email and I will get back with you this week end.

Graybeard

• Junior CVO Member
  • Patriot Guard Rider

• CVO1: 2010 FLSTSE (Sharon)
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 01:07:43 PM »

Hi Newdep;

Like you, I installed the 1.75 Rush pipes when I also did the TMax upgrade. I have to admit that after riding the bike for a while, I have the same impressions of the Rush. The bike does run 50-60 deg cooler, but I give a lot of that credit to the TMax and the 13.5.1 AFR baseline. I'm also sure the missing cats help.

Based on some comments about the SE pipes, I'm thinking of switching over. Hate to waste more money, but after what I dropped on the CVO Convertable, I want the sound to fit the way I like. More than likely, I'll put the Rush on EBAY.

Mickey

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2010, 01:54:44 PM »

Newdep,

You may want to check out Clearview shields

http://clearviewshields.com/shop/product.php?id=79

with the re-curve feature.  I use one on my SEUC and love it!  A friend purchased one for his FatBoy and loves it as well.

With the re-curve you can have the low, sporty look with great protection from the wind... Acts like a shield that is 2 inches taller.  Comes in differnet heights and tinting from clear to very dark.

Just a thought.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 01:58:52 PM by Grizzly »
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

Page created in 3.418 seconds with 21 queries.