Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seacoast Harley preparing to sue the town of N Hampton over noise law  (Read 1898 times)

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra

I wish Seacoast well in this.

Wheelsnkeels

• Freedom isnt free Thank a Vet!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • Indiana Patriot Guard Riders

• CVO1: 2010 SESG Tequila Sunrise
    • CVO2: 2007 Heritage Custom (not CVO) too much chrome
    • CVO3: 2006 Heritage Classic (overinvested in mods ?)

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20100723-NEWS-7230364

Go get em Seacoast!
The mayor of Elkhart Indiana has decided the downturn in the RV industry did not devastated the Elkhart area enough, So he has declared war on bikers. Last week at the Hoosier Harley Davidson Super Saturday event he stationed patrol cars at the end of the block. They were given instructions to ticket every bike they could "Hear" at 30 feet.

No decibel meter or measuring of any kind. They ticketed 15 bikes in a row as they left the dealership. I can tell you we ride over an hour to these events in Elkhart to support the local business owners struggling to make it in the current economy.

(I am sure you all saw President Do Nothing as he campaigned there making his false promises and taking advantage of the poor devastated areas jobless.)

I can assure you that the word has gotten out that they do not need the funds formerly brought in by bikers and we will not be rolling there any time soon.
RC Components Savage  200/55/17 Rear 140/70/21 front
Corbin Dual Tour (Heated)
Street Magic LED's
TTS Mastertune
Fueling 574 Cams & Lifters
SE Adjustable pushrods
Progressive Mono Tubes
Hog Tunes Hog Pods
J&M 7.25 Speakers w/250W Amp
Kuryakyn 9182 License plate frame
Vance & Hines Power Dual's
BUB Boom Cans slip on Exhaust 
Detach Tequila King Tour Pak
Rumble passenger Floorboards
Freedom Shield 7"
Riders Claw Iphone

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited

I thought this quote was interesting:

Fournier said the town is still awaiting word from EPA regional attorneys about whether a federal requirement can be enforced by a municipality.

Sounds just like the Arizona immigration law.  Although in this case, the local law is more restrictive, not equal.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

RayG

• "What the hell was I thinking?"
  • Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 FLHRSE4

Hey Mike,

Are any other dealerships getting involved in the lawsuit?  Aren't there other dealerships in the immediate area. Although I wouldn't expect BMW to worry about it. Seacost is right on this, it has to be stomped out like a small brush fire before it has a chance to take hold.

Ray G.

wolfman

• Senior CVO Member
  • serg

I dont think there are any other dealerships involved. I think the big size of Seacoast Harley and them being the only game in town is what's driving them to do this. Talk about biting the hand that feeds, this is in their back yard.  :soapbox:
SERT, V&H Power Duels, SE mufflers, Dyno-tuned , Heavy Breather, Corbin Solo , windsplitter windshield , J&M 250w amp/7.25" speakers.

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 21 queries.