Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Author Topic: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop  (Read 25620 times)

HOGMIKE

• 1K CVO Member
  • 65 FLH 93" + others
Re: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop
« Reply #135 on: February 22, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »

That must be why Harley want's to do the break-in and then give the bike back to me. Believe me I babied that second engine and did the break-in correctly but the Tech Rep wants the dealer to do break-in.

If it makes you feel any better we had a local one here with 2 engine replacements (SEUC), owner sold the bike after the 2nd one started making noise! :nixweiss:
HOGMIKE

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
Re: BLUU Back in the Harley Shop(Last Update)
« Reply #136 on: February 27, 2011, 11:41:32 AM »

Well I got BLUU back Friday and put 200+ miles on it Friday afternoon and Sat and BLUU is running awesome at this time. I'm afraid to ride it because from my experience on this 2010 SEUC(BLUU) it runs good then it deteriorates. The only thing they did to it is Re-Ring the Pistons and Honed the Cylinders. They also changed out the lifters and valve guides. I just pray it holds together more than 6000 miles on the motor. Whats nice about a 110 motor is when its running good it is an awesome motor but when it runs bad it really runs bad. I have the Syn 3 in the motor and Harley Tech Support wants to monitor this motor with Syn 3 in it for 5000 miles to see if the motor is going to hold up. For a guy like myself that puts 20,000 + miles a year on the SEUC I sure hope it holds together!!!!
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #137 on: February 27, 2011, 12:00:15 PM »

Sure hope it holds for you this time. You have had more than your share. :2vrolijk_21:

Black Diamond

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 11 FLHXSE2 "Vanessa"
    • CVO2: 08 FLHRSE4 "Lexi" "Bike from Hell"
    • CVO3: 02 FLHRSEI "Ruby"
« Reply #138 on: February 27, 2011, 12:01:58 PM »

Hoping the best for ya! Third times the charm!  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #139 on: February 27, 2011, 12:06:16 PM »

Well I got BLUU back Friday and put 200+ miles on it Friday afternoon and Sat and BLUU is running awesome at this time. I'm afraid to ride it because from my experience on this 2010 SEUC(BLUU) it runs good then it deteriorates. The only thing they did to it is Re-Ring the Pistons and Honed the Cylinders. They also changed out the lifters and valve guides. I just pray it holds together more than 6000 miles on the motor. Whats nice about a 110 motor is when its running good it is an awesome motor but when it runs bad it really runs bad. I have the Syn 3 in the motor and Harley Tech Support wants to monitor this motor with Syn 3 in it for 5000 miles to see if the motor is going to hold up. For a guy like myself that puts 20,000 + miles a year on the SEUC I sure hope it holds together!!!!

You should give Dean Wormer lots of chance to inspect it.  Ride it.  If you're concerned it may not last past another five or six thousand miles try to get that many on while it's still winter and comfortable so that when your Arizona summer begins to roll in the engine can really be tested for its reliability.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #140 on: February 27, 2011, 12:12:12 PM »

Did they 'splain to you exactly how they are going to "monitor" the engine with Syn 3 in it?  Just curious about how they plan on doing something like that... :nixweiss:
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

DESERTBEAR54

• DESERTBEAR
  • 1K CVO Member
  • BLUU 10 SEUC,09 Street Glide
« Reply #141 on: February 27, 2011, 12:29:03 PM »

Basically Mother Harley wants me to run the Syn 3 because according to Harley the 110 motor has been tested and engineered specifically for Syn 3. You and I know this is total BS but being that this is my 3rd motor I must do whatever Mother Harley wants me to do until it goes out of Warranty. This is much cheaper to Mother Harley than having to issue SB's on the lower end of the motor. Yep thank god we still have a few months with cooler temps to get the motor nice and broke in before we hit our 100 degree days.
1000 Bears Can't Be Wrong Eat Your Honey Then Ride Safe and Smoke A Good Cigar!!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #142 on: March 01, 2011, 06:04:13 PM »

Wow, what a thread. Unbelievable. I feel for you. One thing I've learned with all my engine problems is that the crank is within tolerance, if the engine doesn't grenade.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

ssls6

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 CUSE-DARK
« Reply #143 on: March 01, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »

Wish you nothing but good luck with this one Blu.

Para Bellum

• Si vis pacem, para bellum.
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Canyon Copper FXSTSSE, '08 Crystal Copper SEUC
    • CVO2: '11 Slate/Blk SERGU, '18 Twisted Cherry RGU
« Reply #144 on: March 05, 2011, 02:05:20 PM »

But according to Harley, it'll be good as new again. :2vrolijk_21: :nervous:

Which isn't saying much!
If you want peace, prepare for war.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]  All

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 24 queries.