Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Heat and  Dyno Numbers  (Read 2079 times)

nitz

Heat and  Dyno Numbers
« on: July 23, 2004, 02:37:31 PM »

Recently purchased an 03 SERK.  At 1000 mile service I installed Rinehart's, SE Air Kit, and Race Tuner.  My numbers weren't quite what I've seen on this forum (94HP & 99 tq) although my stock numbers weren't quite what I've seen either (80HP & 88 tq).  I'm wondering what kind of an effect our recent hot and humid weather might have on these numbers.  The bike runs good and I'm happy with the changes just curious if anyone has any experience with this.

sbcharlie

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Heat and
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2004, 08:04:27 AM »

one of the big problems i see with dyno charts is the following. when dyno test was performed was it in a dyno cell or not. a dyno cell is designed to input air and remove exhaust for proper tests. if not you will see false reading. there are very few dyno facilities that have this. the dyno has the capabilies to compensate for humidty and elevation to record corrected information.the other problem i have with my own customers is they will get a dyno sheet thats not impressive but bike runs like rocket ship. there lots of magic out there to fool you the consumer.
thanks charlie

dyno

• tuner
Re: Heat and
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 02:18:02 PM »

The new dyno have correction factors in it , so you cant make any magic numbers..really. Also i have maid more h.p. with sam. rolled ovals and the power cammder. Live tuning useally makes more h.p. than the efi tuner also if you read the last paragraph on the efi tuner it says it will viod you warrentie I have yet seen any true duel exhaust make more h.p. or torqe than this set up.....Dyno        p.s your numbers are about  average, i have maid 97 h.p. and 100-104 ft.tq. useing the pc3r or usb

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 21 queries.