Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Author Topic: Life in and around Coronado, California  (Read 33515 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Life in and around Coronado, California
« Reply #90 on: November 15, 2015, 01:11:48 PM »

and the gentleman that they're doing the trike conversion for.....

and now we move in side San Diego HD to get ready for the Rousey Holms UFC fight last night.  As you can see in some of the previous photos, this dealership is in an old, large warehouse.  Not much on the outside but a nice dealership on the inside....just very inflated prices.  :o

They have a Starbucks coffee bar, a mini mart, a hair saloon/barber shop and a tattoo parlor in this dealership.

a number of large screen TVs throughout, coupled with some pretty comfortable sofas and chairs....

They have a hell of a lot of bikes including quite a selection of new and used CVOs

Here's one of the lounge areas with fooseball and ping pong tables...

and about time to go claim my seat for the fight.  I got real lucky and got a front row, center seat.  The dealership brought in about 40 pizzas, with free beer and soda and other snacks. 

and after the introduction......well, the rest is history!  :bananarock:

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2015, 03:03:59 PM »

Thanksgiving Babe and I went for a ride along the coast the first part of the day.  A little late to catch the King Waves that's been all over the news the past couple of days but still a beautiful day.

Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ultra98

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #92 on: November 28, 2015, 05:22:20 AM »

Hi always a pleasure to watch those nice pics when i sits in my home and the rain falling and its just over 3 Celsius outside :nixweiss:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 05:59:18 AM by ultra98 »

grayghost731

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Built For ME! Love My Fatboy CVO

• CVO1: FLSTFSE Platinum Mist&Slate 102.81 HP 113.47 Torque
« Reply #93 on: November 28, 2015, 11:56:18 AM »

Nice   Pics    :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #94 on: November 28, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »

Most excellent my friend!

:2vrolijk_21:

CVO Aqua-Glider

• Senior CVO Member
  • 2014 FLHTKSE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Ultra Limited
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2015, 10:28:34 AM »

Thanks for sharing all these pics. I grew up in San Diego, but sadly left in '89. It was nice to see some familiar places. :)

Untitled by oneboltzfan, on Flickr
2014 FLHTKSE Jupiter Blue/Wicked Sapphire

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2015, 10:40:32 AM »

Thanks for sharing all these pics. I grew up in San Diego, but sadly left in '89. It was nice to see some familiar places. :)

I'm from Nor Cal.....a completely different environment than the San Diego area.  Both have their benefits, scenery, etc.  But San Diego has an average year around temp of 75F and that just doesn't get any better for riding.  As you know, when it rains, it's for a short period of time and then the sun is back out.  Incredable sunsets all up and down the coast and many different beaches to choose from including several dog beaches.  I've said it on this forum before.....the hardest thing about living here is that there is so much to do here that deciding what to do is the biggest problem.  I realize how fortunate we are to live here and certainly don't take it for granted.....we really appreciate it and want to share it with all of you.  :bananarock:

West Coast GTG   

screaminCVO

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO Maroon / Burgundy
    • CVO2: 2013 Road Glide orange / grey
    • CVO3: 2003 Ultra with sidecar silver/black
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2015, 02:03:14 PM »

Thanks for the pics, JC! Love San Diego.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2016, 10:33:51 AM »

Maybe my last post above was a bit premature.  With the rain we've had here in the past week, the floods, etc. much more like Nor Cal.  :nervous:

It's been on the national news so I'm sure you've all heard about the flooding here in San Diego.  Guys paddle boarding down the streets, etc.  The street in front of where I work was flooded to the point that the police shut it down.  Cars were stalled in flooded streets all over San Diego.    This video was taken not far from where I'm at.....   

We have a six story parking garage here.  The ground floor has a 35' drain well below the ground floor.  The drain pumps quit working so I had to call the installers out.  They went to cover it back up with a lid that weighs several hundred pounds and dropped the lid down in the well.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 05:35:09 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2016, 10:37:13 AM »

They tried to pull it out with their little truck to no avail.  You'll notice my Ford Super Duty 4x4 to the right, in the picture above.  I had visions of that lid popping up out of that well hole so fast that it slams into the back of my truck.  :nervous:  We got it out without any damage to the well, the lid or our trucks.  :2vrolijk_21:

It's along way down to the bottom.

West Coast GTG   

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2016, 11:05:33 AM »

Hey Bro how is the back holding up?

BigLew

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2016, 11:14:47 AM »

Hey Bro how is the back holding up?

BigLew

Since I got those injections....much, much better.  Not perfect but a hell of a lot better than when I sold my SESG. You....how are you doing with your back issues?

West Coast GTG   

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2016, 01:27:16 PM »

Thanks for sharing the pics. I really like Chopper and the surfin dogs. I noticed one of your pics shows a seagull on the light pole looking down as if he is looking for a victim to drop a load on.  :bananarock: :bananarock: :2vrolijk_21:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #103 on: January 09, 2016, 06:05:23 PM »

After a week of heavy rains, flooding and all that that brought with it, the sun was out today.  Loaded my little Maltipoo rescue, Angel, into the Kuryakn pet carrier and went for a ride.

« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 06:11:19 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #104 on: January 10, 2016, 11:01:56 AM »

They went to cover it back up with a lid that weighs several hundred pounds and dropped the lid down in the well.

and that's why they make manhole covers round.  no possible way to drop the lid down inside if it's round.....

just some trivia for you.

thanks for the pics.  I grew up on the beach (other side of the country-fl) so it was nice to see some beach shots again, been decades since I've been back.  would love to be in your area, but don't think I could afford it :D
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  All

Page created in 0.162 seconds with 22 queries.