Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Author Topic: H.O.G. Membership  (Read 6907 times)

Ubique041

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red SERG
    • CVO2: 2012 CVO Road Glide Custom....SKUNK
H.O.G. Membership
« on: February 13, 2016, 10:37:35 AM »

Is there any real benefit to being a H.O.G. Member?  Can anyone cite examples????
Wishing the riding season was longer.....

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
Re: H.O.G. Membership
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:40:48 AM »

10% off Best Western if you can't find a better deal. That and those monthly lunch rides.....
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2016, 11:13:07 AM »

I stopped a few years ago as I could not find any benefit other them profit for HD.
Bill

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2016, 11:47:31 AM »

I did the Life Member thing a long time ago while living with a chick who thought HOG was cool.  My mistake on that one.

Anyway....   if you're in to the scripted state rallies you get access there.  Haven't been to one in... well.... not sure how long.  You get a pin and a patch each year to give to some kid who thinks they're cool.  You get a decent atlas every year to add weight to the tour pak thinking your adding a safe redundancy in case the GPS, the nav on the phone and the nav on everyone else's phone fails.  There is some roadside assistance benefit.  Probably redundant to your insurance.  But it's out there just in case.  Access to the HOG national rallies (do they still do those?).  I still get their magazine each month (is it monthly?).  Don't really read that either.  Stopped doing so when it too painfully crossed over from ride stories to company self-aggrandizement and advertising.  Then there's the.....   no, that's all I can think of.

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2016, 11:48:44 AM »

Is there any real benefit to being a H.O.G. Member?  Can anyone cite examples? ???

Best example is riding and hanging out with some great friends almost every weekend on Chapter rides as well as other events we get together for.  :bananarock:

Simply put if you're looking for monetary benefits that benefit you alone I'd recommend you don't join.  :)
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

donald p

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 CVO
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO
    • CVO3: 2020 Tri Glide CVO
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2016, 01:05:01 PM »

One good thing is the TOURING HANDBOOK.
.FLHTCUSE8 Anniversary #680
2020 Tri Glide CVO

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2016, 02:52:03 PM »

Life member, I have enough patches and pins to do 2 vests.  Also enough tour books for all my buddies.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2016, 05:52:36 PM »

Best example is riding and hanging out with some great friends almost every weekend on Chapter rides as well as other events we get together for.  :bananarock:

x1

Simply put if you're looking for monetary benefits that benefit you alone I'd recommend you don't join.  :)
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2016, 06:44:32 PM »

I still belong to HOG, do not belong to local chapter. Last year I got a pin @ Bikeweek and Biketoberfest and a couple bbq sandwiches and a diet coke @ Daytona. Otherwise, nothing. AND, the pin guys (if they are reading this good) are ASSHOLES. I had my wives card in my hand and she was standing about ten feet away taking a phone call about her elderly mother, who was terminal. The HOG guy would not give me her pin, they rudely said she had to stand in line if she wanted one.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2016, 08:28:22 PM »

I look at HOG membership as any other group , it becomes what you make of it. If you are a lone wolf type of person you will not get much out of any group.
I look at HOG as a brand loyal group of various people with a variety of backgrounds that to some extent have at least "sipped the Koolaid" and have various degrees of riding experience and history. As mentioned by others the map book, pins and patches and events can be nice unless you are over them.

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2016, 08:33:11 PM »

I'm a life HOG member because my wife loves it.  She is very active in local chapter.  She also does the ABC of touring every year, and we go to the TN and KY state rally usually.  She also does pin stops.  She rides her own bike, and this makes her happy.  She has the Vest and all.  I have never worn a HOG vest.

There are a few members of our HOG chapter I really like to ride with.  There are many I would not ride with.  They do not like the speeds we do the curves.  The person I ride the most with besides my wife, I met though the chapter.  We have taken many trips together.

It's a good organization and many really like it.  I enjoy it, but my wife loves it.

I prefer a True MC to ride with.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 10:27:10 PM »

To reiterate what some have already mentioned, if you are a socializing type of person and intend to be active in organized events, then it seems to be a popular group, or at least it has been.  On the other hand, for lone wolves like me, there was no real value to membership.  I got a free year when I bought each new bike and kept it up between bikes, but after the free year on the 2005 expired I just dropped it.  As Twolane already mentioned, the magazine turned into nothing more than Harley patting itself on the back.  I'm not a patch and pin kind of guy, and all the local dealers stopped offering a HOG member discount on parts and accessories.  So it had no value to me.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 10:36:05 PM »

To reiterate what some have already mentioned, if you are a socializing type of person and intend to be active in organized events, then it seems to be a popular group, or at least it has been.  On the other hand, for lone wolves like me, there was no real value to membership.  I got a free year when I bought each new bike and kept it up between bikes, but after the free year on the 2005 expired I just dropped it.  As Twolane already mentioned, the magazine turned into nothing more than Harley patting itself on the back.  I'm not a patch and pin kind of guy, and all the local dealers stopped offering a HOG member discount on parts and accessories.  So it had no value to me.

Jerry

My sentiments, exactly.  Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

Supershooter

• Elite CVO Member
  • First Ride 03 FXDWG

• CVO1: 2010 SEUC-sold
    • CVO2: 2011 SESG
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 10:52:19 PM »

We've used the roadside assistance a few years back, and continue to pay the fee. We don't belong to a local chapter because we are busy with kids and don't have time for one more organization.
Supershooter

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2016, 11:41:12 PM »

I still get their magazine each month (is it monthly?).  Don't really read that either.  Stopped doing so when it too painfully crossed over from ride stories to company self-aggrandizement and advertising.  Then there's the.....   no, that's all I can think of.

I use to like the magazines, The  Enthusiast and HOG, before they combined them and it became all propaganda.  I bought a life membership and the only benefit I ever got was a tow once which I appreciated. Now when I get my pin and patch, I look at them and throw them in the drawer with the others.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All

Page created in 0.544 seconds with 21 queries.