Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Author Topic: AJ's Trip to Florida & SEUC² Alarm Procedures  (Read 8338 times)

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
AJ's Trip to Florida & SEUC² Alarm Procedures
« on: February 16, 2007, 01:10:52 AM »

Well I made it to Jupiter!
Thankfully it was an uneventful trip.
As posted elsewhere, the floorboard has been replaced. On the way down I stopped at Daytona HD for a pit stop. They're in full swing for the Daytona 500 and Bike week. I saw a lot of new clothes. One in particular was the new Screamin Eagle jacket. It is on the HD site:
http://www.harley-davidson.com/mcm/mcm_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524448770358&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302285479&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302285479&bmUID=1171605865429&bmLocale=en_US

There were a TON of bikes on the floor. 2 Blue SEUC², one Red, and one '06 Melon. The '07's were $45,995 (ouch!). The '06 was $36,995 (mileage unknown).

If there is anyone else in the area let me know so maybe we can set up a ride this weekend. ??? Anyone???
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 09:51:39 PM by hard10 »

RedFXR2

Re: Trip to Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2007, 09:28:41 AM »

Well I made it to Jupiter!

If there is anyone else in the area let me know so maybe we can set up a ride this weekend. ??? Anyone???

CRAP!!!!  All this time and finally somebody shows up in my neck of the woods--and I'm getting on a plane this afternoon.  Be gone all weekend.  Did I say "CRAP"?

The weather here's going to be great tomorrow.  Do you have any places to go to already?  I could show you my backroad loop over to Lake Okeechobee.  Hit the Square Grouper (bar) on the south side of the inlet across from the light house off of A1A--turn off of US1 just south of the drawbridge. Although it's totally open air and right on the water so it will be chilly down there this weekend.  It's down the street right beside Schooner's restaurant.  You could also go north a bit through Stuart and hit Archie's over on the north end of Hutchinson Island.  For "Old Florida" try Harry and the Natives on US1 in Hobe Sound at Bridge Road or just above that on US1 is The Catfish House.  Excellent food.

How long are you going to be around?

One more time:  "CRAP!". 
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 09:41:24 AM by RedFXR2 »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 10:12:41 AM »

CRAP!!!!  All this time and finally somebody shows up in my neck of the woods--and I'm getting on a plane this afternoon.  Be gone all weekend.  Did I say "CRAP"?

The weather here's going to be great tomorrow.  Do you have any places to go to already?  I could show you my backroad loop over to Lake Okeechobee.  Hit the Square Grouper (bar) on the south side of the inlet across from the light house off of A1A--turn off of US1 just south of the drawbridge. Although it's totally open air and right on the water so it will be chilly down there this weekend.  It's down the street right beside Schooner's restaurant.  You could also go north a bit through Stuart and hit Archie's over on the north end of Hutchinson Island.  For "Old Florida" try Harry and the Natives on US1 in Hobe Sound at Bridge Road or just above that on US1 is The Catfish House.  Excellent food.

Ha! I haven't thought about Harry and the Natives in a long while. Is their slogan still, "I'll have what the guy on the floor is having"? And I'll second John's Catfish too.

Man, you're bringing back a lot of memories of a former time.

Chief
« Last Edit: February 16, 2007, 10:14:29 AM by Chief »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 10:16:39 AM »

A nice ride from Jupiter:

You could head west on Indiantown(706) road till it stops, go right on the Bee-Line(710) up to where it meets 76 in Indiantown. Bear right off 710 before the bridge and go left onto 76 head under the bridge west.

West on 76, under, round and turn left to go over the Port Mayaca big bridge(look to the left whilst on
the bridge to see the big puddle) about 8-10 miles north to the J & S Fish Camp on the left. Really old Florida.

Boiled P-nuts and cold beer, yum.  Gas is up the road in Okeechobee, From there around the lake it is a nice ride to Roland Martins Fish Camp in Clewiston and on to 80 to the Tp, 95 or all the way back A1A to the Square Grouper (Do you know what a square grouper is? Ifin you were lucky you'd findem out fishin).

I may (ifin I get my chores done)  make it to the fish camp by around noon, I'd be comin out from wpb.

Watch out for cotton tops, tis the season here.

Peace

Miker

RedFXR2

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 10:20:45 AM »

Ha! I haven't thought about Harry and the Natives in a long while. Is their slogan still, "I'll have what the guy on the floor is having"? And I'll second John's Catfish too.

Chief

Yep.  Among others.  My T-shirt from there says "I have friends in low places".

They have a T-shirt hanging from the ceiling from Angola State Prison in Louisiana that reads "Angola--a gated community".

Harry and the Natives is quite popular with the two-wheeled crowd.  Last Saturday was beautiful--sunny and mid 70's.  You'd have thought it was Bike Week.  

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 10:42:07 AM »

I'm open for anything. My commitments are Mom's 65th birthday party tonight and dinner Saturday Night with my family. I can stay here as long as it takes!!! Red when are you coming back? Miker what time do you want to leave? Just gotta be back for dinner.

RedFXR2

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2007, 10:45:22 AM »

You could head west on Indiantown(706) road till it stops, go right on the Bee-Line(710) up to where it meets 76 in Indiantown. Bear right off 710 before the bridge and go left onto 76 head under the bridge west.
West on 76, under, round and turn left to go over the Port Mayaca big bridge(look to the left whilst on
the bridge to see the big puddle) about 8-10 miles north to the J & S Fish Camp on the left. Really old Florida.

Boiled P-nuts and cold beer, yum.  Gas is up the road in Okeechobee, From there around the lake it is a nice ride to Roland Martins Fish Camp in Clewiston and on to 80 to the Tp, 95 or all the way back A1A to the Square Grouper (Do you know what a square grouper is? Ifin you were lucky you'd findem out fishin).

I may (ifin I get my chores done)  make it to the fish camp by around noon, I'd be comin out from wpb.

Yep.  Only I come over from Hobe Sound on Bridge Road and then Kanner Highway--that's where you're getting off the Beeline and heading west to Port Mayaca.  Even more rural that way.  Stop at the Lock there and check out the gators.  I've seen some real dinosaurs in the basin just on the canal side, as well as out in the lake near the lock.

Ever take highway 98 north from Okeechobee?  It's a nice ride all the way to Sebring.  Or 70 straight west to Arcadia is a nice turn-around point as well.

I've been past the J&S Fish Camp but never stopped--guess I should sometime.

RedFXR2

« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2007, 10:50:25 AM »

Red when are you coming back? Miker what time do you want to leave? Just gotta be back for dinner.

Unfortunately I won't be back until late Sunday night.  Going into next week means busy with the kids all week.  Of course, there's always next weekend. :)   If that's too long of a stay for you then give me a heads up next time you're down this way.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 02:13:37 PM »

Unfortunately I won't be back until late Sunday night.  Going into next week means busy with the kids all week.  Of course, there's always next weekend. :)   If that's too long of a stay for you then give me a heads up next time you're down this way.
I promised Sassy I would be home by next weekend. But, my folks are here so I'm down quite a bit. Now even more so that I know I'll have someone to ride with ;D

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 11:53:22 PM »

Chief

Did a dry run to both places this after noon. It's only about 10 miles from Mom & Dad's. I had never been there before. How did I miss it before this ???

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2007, 07:46:45 AM »

Watch out for cotton tops, tis the season here.

Peace

Miker

OK Miker, call me if we're on for this! It's sunny, a little chilly now at 39º but the high is supposed to be 66º. I've got my chaps and am ready to burn some fuel. AJ

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 09:24:24 PM »

Went to Treasure Coast HD this afternoon for customer appreciation day. Nice large dealership. I saw an '07 SEUC². I told the owner, Mike(that's him next to the bike), about the site. Here is his ride.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:29:39 PM by hard10 »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »

He has some interesting mods

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 09:28:08 PM »

Pinstripping added

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 09:34:30 PM »

He has some interesting mods
I would say so. :-\ Did you get him to blow those horns for you. I bet they would scare the hell out of the "blue hair" drivers in Fla. :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:01:41 PM by Fired00d »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 09:46:06 PM »

Mustang Seat

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 09:47:58 PM »

More pin stripe & dash

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2007, 09:50:50 PM »

Did a dry run to both places this after noon. It's only about 10 miles from Mom & Dad's. I had never been there before. How did I miss it before this ???

As I recall, they used to have "Monkey Butt Pancakes" on their menu. It was quite popular for Sunday breakfast / brunch 15 or so years ago.

Chief

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 09:50:53 PM »

Kuryakan side lights

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2007, 09:56:32 PM »

Check out the rear lights and chrome wind deflectors. He had to cut the front lowers. Added GPS, external ambient temp.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2007, 09:58:24 PM »

I would say so. :-\ Did you get him to blow those horns for you. I bet they would scare the hell out of the "blue hair" drivers in Fla. :nervous: :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :firmean:

Gary, I think he was affraid he would break the glass front doors.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2007, 10:07:25 PM »

As I recall, they used to have "Monkey Butt Pancakes" on their menu. It was quite popular for Sunday breakfast / brunch 15 or so years ago.

Chief

Dad takes the family to Mauer's (now Corner Cafe).

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
Re: AJ's Trip to Florida
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2007, 10:09:02 PM »

He has definitely made it his "custom". I think this is the first time I've ever seen a bike w/two pair of highway pegs on it. I can understand the logic of having several options to put your legs/feet to keep them from getting tired, but can't say I've ever seen someone take it to that level.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Gettinold

• 5k CVO Member
  • SOMEWHERE NORTH OF HEAVEN WHERE EAGLES DONT FLY
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 11:42:15 AM »

He has definitely made it his "custom". I think this is the first time I've ever seen a bike w/two pair of highway pegs on it. I can understand the logic of having several options to put your legs/feet to keep them from getting tired, but can't say I've ever seen someone take it to that level.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

DOOD THATS WHAT WE CALL  THE "TACO" LOOK.  :sombrero:
09 FLTRSE3   ORG & BLK
06 VRSCSE2    ORG & BLK
04 FLHTCSE   ORG & BLK    SOLD
94 FXSTS      CUSTOM

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 09:37:42 PM »

Breakfast with the family. (I should be putting this in the Ride Report thread but it started here so)

I went home to wash the bike. I must have gotten the TSSM wet because the alarm would not deactivate. I went into panic mode and called Chip. He gave me a few suggestions to no avail. I then called Sav. HD and they walked me through the override PIN deactivation. During this time Chip had another member of this site, that I still don't know who he was (please identify your self), to help review the owner's manual to sovle the problem. I'm still not sure exactly what happened? Well during this time I had told Jorge that I would come down to meet him. In the mean time I had to have a picture of mom & dad taken on the bike. Then it was time to take mom for a short ride. Dad was a no go. After all this I was off to Jorge's. Man did I get lost! An hour or so later I was at their house.

Martha & Jorge were very nice people!!! I got to see the V-Rod, or at least what is left of it! Man I thought that Cheif had torn down his Ultra? d00d, we would have to buy 2 bike to figure out how to put this thing back together!!! He is chroming everything. We have plans to meet up Tuesday for dinner.

Well that was the day's events. Just think I've got a couple more days left. I'll keep y'all posted. AJ

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2007, 09:47:19 PM »

Breakfast with the family. (I should be putting this in the Ride Report thread but it started here so)

I went home to wash the bike. I must have gotten the TSSM wet because the alarm would not deactivate. I went into panic mode and called Chip. He gave me a few suggestions to no avail. I then called Sav. HD and they walked me through the override PIN deactivation. During this time Chip had another member of this site, that I still don't know who he was (please identify your self), to help review the owner's manual to solve the problem. I'm still not sure exactly what happened? Well during this time I had told Jorge that I would come down to meet him. In the mean time I had to have a picture of mom & dad taken on the bike. Then it was time to take mom for a short ride. Dad was a no go. After all this I was off to Jorge's. Man did I get lost! An hour or so later I was at their house.

Martha & Jorge were very nice people!!! I got to see the V-Rod, or at least what is left of it! Man I thought that Cheif had torn down his Ultra? d00d, we would have to buy 2 bike to figure out how to put this thing back together!!! He is chroming everything. We have plans to meet up Tuesday for dinner.

Well that was the day's events. Just think I've got a couple more days left. I'll keep y'all posted. AJ

Now that's funny!
Will that unidentified man please come forward.
IF YOU WANT TO!
AJ had a problem and I didn't think I was any help so I called the most likely person I knew that could fix the problem.
Mr Unidentified, thanks for trying anyway!
That was appreciated!

:2vrolijk_21:

S/B

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2007, 09:58:53 PM »

that I still don't know who he was (please identify your self),

Hey there.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2007, 10:01:33 PM »

That was YOU 2ln???????????????????????????????????????????

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2007, 10:08:41 PM »

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #29 on: February 18, 2007, 10:08:59 PM »

I went home to wash the bike. I must have gotten the TSSM wet because the alarm would not deactivate. I went into panic mode and called Chip. He gave me a few suggestions to no avail. I then called Sav. HD and they walked me through the override PIN deactivation. During this time Chip had another member of this site, that I still don't know who he was (please identify your self), to help review the owner's manual to sovle the problem. I'm still not sure exactly what happened? Well during this time I had told Jorge that I would come down to meet him. In the mean time I had to have a picture of mom & dad taken on the bike. Then it was time to take mom for a short ride. Dad was a no go. After all this I was off to Jorge's. Man did I get lost! An hour or so later I was at their house.

AJ,

Funny story. I'll gladly take my position in line somewhere behine Jorge, the new "King of Chrome".

Chief

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2007, 10:09:52 PM »

That was YOU 2ln???????????????????????????????????????????

No chit!
Alright that number is going into speed dial!!!

I just talked to Chip, I'm still laughin' my a$$ off! I'm sorry I didn't realize it was you. lol

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2007, 10:15:15 PM »

No chit!
Alright that number is going into speed dial!!!

I just talked to Chip, I'm still laughin' my a$$ off! I'm sorry I didn't realize it was you. lol

No problem.  The only important thing was that you were getting her going without being messed up any longer in the middle of your trip  :2vrolijk_21: .

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2007, 10:44:21 PM »

No problem.  The only important thing was that you were getting her going without being messed up any longer in the middle of your trip  :2vrolijk_21: .

On that note, Jorge gave me a Kuryakyn P/N 4857 " TSSM alarm compatible load equalizer". He thought this might help. I looked at their web page & it said that all it did was eliminate the security light. Will this help and if so where does it go???
TIA, AJ

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2007, 10:58:48 PM »

On that note, Jorge gave me a Kuryakyn P/N 4857 " TSSM alarm compatible load equalizer". He thought this might help. I looked at their web page & it said that all it did was eliminate the security light. Will this help and if so where does it go???
TIA, AJ

Unfortunately I'd be greatly surprised if it helped.  It performs a different task.  It installs under the seat inline to the rear harness connector.  It also shouldn't be the case that that wash job you mentioned helped cause the problem as those parts are supposed to be sealed against the weather.  With neither fob being recognized you'll probably end up having a problem with the alarm module/receiver itself.  One thing for sure, after a couple days of it you will have learned that switch disarming sequence darn well  :2vrolijk_21: .

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2007, 11:06:55 PM »

Unfortunately I'd be greatly surprised if it helped.  It performs a different task.  It installs under the seat inline to the rear harness connector.  It also shouldn't be the case that that wash job you mentioned helped cause the problem as those parts are supposed to be sealed against the weather.  With neither fob being recognized you'll probably end up having a problem with the alarm module/receiver itself.  One thing for sure, after a couple days of it you will have learned that switch disarming sequence darn well  :2vrolijk_21: .

:ROFLOL: lmao

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • red bikes..lots o red bikes

• CVO1: 2005 FLHTCSE2 (Red!)
    • CVO2: 2001 FXDWG2 ( way red!)
    • CVO3: 2005 Ford F350 HD True Blue Metallic
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2007, 11:22:58 PM »

:ROFLOL: lmao

OK
to avoid this same problem in my future..how do you figure out the code that is on the bike?  never did get whatever the previous owner had it set to and this is giving me flashbacks to Otis at the JCI after many of you had left....

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2007, 12:23:27 AM »

OK
to avoid this same problem in my future..how do you figure out the code that is on the bike?  never did get whatever the previous owner had it set to and this is giving me flashbacks to Otis at the JCI after many of you had left....

Scot, if you've got an owner's manual check on page 98.  It is "Modifying Existing Codes."  If you don't have an owner's manual; well, you're phucked.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2007, 12:45:40 AM »

Ok, blow these up enough and they are legible.  Pg97:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2007, 12:46:03 AM »

Pg98

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2007, 12:46:55 AM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2007, 12:47:27 AM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2007, 12:47:50 AM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2007, 12:48:18 AM »

and 102

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2007, 12:55:07 AM »

Because 2ln was willing to bail my butt out, I put on my jammies, let the dogs potty, and went to the garage to get the owners manual. I come back in & you've got the dam thing scanned! you're my hero.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE2 B/O
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2007, 12:58:54 AM »

Hey AJ   good job. Take a look and see if that procedure in your 07 book is the same.   I dont think our  bikes have the ability to press the fob thing.  at zero out here i am not puttin on the survival suit to go get the manual ???   
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2007, 01:01:20 AM »

I'll scan mine tomorrow. The '07 looks to be a little different at least in page layout. Also on the '07, the dealer said that you can now use the number 0 in the PIN. The PIN will show in the odometer display which I didn't know.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2007, 01:03:38 AM »

Because 2ln was willing to bail my butt out, I put on my jammies, let the dogs potty, and went to the garage to get the owners manual. I come back in & you've got the dam thing scanned! you're my hero.

I already had the jammies on and had a fresh beer here at the desk.  Dog had already wizzed.  So I was good to go  :2vrolijk_21: .

(Any anyway, you can't tell a brother he's phucked and then actually leave him that way.  Even four beers in to the evening can't be that uncool!)

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2007, 01:06:22 AM »

Cuthbertss,  i believe has the system Don posted. so either way  it should be possible. did you upgrade to the remote module style?
Do it right the first time, don't leave it for the next guy, as YOU may be the next guy!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2007, 01:09:45 AM »

Cuthbertss,  i believe has the system Don posted. so either way  it should be possible. did you upgrade to the remote module style?

Yeap, Scot and I have the same bike.  I think those directions are good for 06s too.  With the 07s you've got some subtle differences.  I thought I had those instructions stored here in a PDF someplace but can't find them right now.  But then again I'm about half drunk too.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2007, 01:15:19 AM »

wow I never wear jammies but now guess i need to look for some B&O ones.....  Hey Don any word on a weather header from our fearless leader?  Glad you had a good time at the porkchop GTG. The girl with the bottle  had all those shot glasses on her belt!!! :coolblue:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2007, 02:05:54 AM »

wow I never wear jammies but now guess i need to look for some B&O ones.....  Hey Don any word on a weather header from our fearless leader?  Glad you had a good time at the porkchop GTG. The girl with the bottle  had all those shot glasses on her belt!!! :coolblue:

EJ, sorry but have no idea when or if Neal might plan on hacking the weather site back up on top.  If you want to use it as a standalone, however, it is here:  http://www.wunderground.com/

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2007, 02:17:23 AM »

OK

AJ, so glad that you were able to get your bike back on the road.  Scott - Otis - I forgot about that problem Otis had trying to get his bike out of JCI.  What was the final solution there?  Missed that report somehow.   :nixweiss:

No - I know the somehow - I have missed thousands of posts and I am trying to get better.  I have become overwhelmed by the wonderful responses everywhere and just can't keep up.  One boring day, I will be able to go back and back read.  The read all button is my friend and enemy at the same time. haa haa! 

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2007, 10:56:00 AM »

AJ, so glad that you were able to get your bike back on the road.  Scott - Otis - I forgot about that problem Otis had trying to get his bike out of JCI.  What was the final solution there?  Missed that report somehow.   :nixweiss:

No - I know the somehow - I have missed thousands of posts and I am trying to get better.  I have become overwhelmed by the wonderful responses everywhere and just can't keep up.  One boring day, I will be able to go back and back read.  The read all button is my friend and enemy at the same time. haa haa! 

i missed a lot of these posts last night as well...
i'll dig out my manual when the frost melts this morning and  give it a shot....

thanks Don and Company... more to follow

Candy..to fill in the blanks..
after about 2 hours of the freakin alarm goin off and agitiating the JCI staff ( which was kinda fun!!!!) and making about 30 phone calls
and disassembling the bike a few times...
Otis put the old battery back in the key fob and held the button for about 15 seconds and, like magic it was good to go...
 :nixweiss:

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2007, 02:56:17 PM »

...Candy..to fill in the blanks..
after about 2 hours of the freakin alarm goin off and agitiating the JCI staff ( which was kinda fun!!!!) and making about 30 phone calls
and disassembling the bike a few times...
Otis put the old battery back in the key fob and held the button for about 15 seconds and, like magic it was good to go...
 :nixweiss:

Well, not that the JCI staff were not nice and accomodating, they were beginning to tire of us, which kinda made it so we tired of them.  I think the youngsters that we saw in the evenings did not represent the owners of JCI as well as they might have wanted them to.  So if they got irritated, so be it.  But isn't it frustrating as all get out when one spends hours poking at the right when the left was all ya had to poke at.  Go Figure.  Thanks for the update.  Sorry we took your thread so far left AJ, but ya know when the thought is there, then that where it goes. 

Carry On!   :bananarock:

cuthbertss

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2007, 03:01:40 PM »

Well, not that the JCI staff were not nice and accomodating, they were beginning to tire of us, which kinda made it so we tired of them.  I think the youngsters that we saw in the evenings did not represent the owners of JCI as well as they might have wanted them to.  So if they got irritated, so be it.  But isn't it frustrating as all get out when one spends hours poking at the right when the left was all ya had to poke at.  Go Figure.  Thanks for the update.  Sorry we took your thread so far left AJ, but ya know when the thought is there, then that where it goes. 

They were kinda cranky and less than hospitbale since we filled their place for em...
so, annoying them was kinda fun :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :confused5:  ( oh that was my inside voice)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2007, 03:21:10 PM »

They were kinda cranky and less than hospitbale since we filled their place for em...
so, annoying them was kinda fun :orange: :huepfenjump3: :mango: :bananarock: :confused5:  ( oh that was my inside voice)

I'm just glad that during the party evening when the older gal asked "can you maybe not start the bikes after 8:00 or so tonight or maybe park some of them out of the way?" that no one actually filled the office toilet's tank with cocoa.  Cause that would have been wrong.

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2007, 03:38:30 PM »

Thanks Don for the weather link.  and the saddle bag bottom liner idea with the swiss miss cocoa  packets for the "fun" times ahead... :huepfenlol2:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2007, 04:07:52 PM »

DOOD THATS WHAT WE CALL  THE "TACO" LOOK.  :sombrero:

It's what we call the "Looks Like a Monkey's Ass Sewn Up with a Grapevine" look.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #58 on: February 19, 2007, 09:21:27 PM »

...Sorry we took your thread so far left AJ, but ya know when the thought is there, then that where it goes. 

Not to worry!

Had a great day here in Fl. Got to ride the bike to work. This afternoon I stopped by Palm Beach HD. The excitement of the afternoon was a newbbie who had just bought his 1st Harley dropped it in the parking lot as he was leaving. A sales person and myself ran over to help. He was fine. The sporty had a scraped footpeg & turn signal. Turns out the guy was in his late fifties & has cancer. He wanted to ride! I told him the worst was over in that the had his first fall out of the way and that all was easy from here.
I'll try the scan thingy in a few minutes.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: February 19, 2007, 09:30:19 PM »

Not to worry!

Had a great day here in Fl. Got to ride the bike to work. This afternoon I stopped by Palm Beach HD. The excitement of the afternoon was a newbbie who had just bought his 1st Harley dropped it in the parking lot as he was leaving. A sales person and myself ran over to help. He was fine. The sporty had a scraped footpeg & turn signal. Turns out the guy was in his late fifties & has cancer. He wanted to ride! I told him the worst was over in that the had his first fall out of the way and that all was easy from here.
I'll try the scan thingy in a few minutes.

Got to commend that guy for having the cajones to get started when he's doing with the other chit he's no doubt going on.  And we all run in to the stories of the guy getting his first bike at (insert age here). 

While I understand that there are those who kind of begrudge the late comers I say more power to them.  If they end up becoming good and regular riders, or even bikers, more power to them.  If they don't they still spread out the manufacturing costs across one more motorcycle.  So it's all good.

But while I do commend the man AJ mentioned for doing what he's doing and, hopefully, enjoying it I am so glad I'm not him.  And I don't even mean the cancer.  I am so glad I didn't wait until (insert age here) to start riding a bike.  Too many roads missed, too many experiences (good and other than good) missed, too many friendships that wouldn't have been shared.  Thank god I didn't miss getting on two wheels in a land with the vistas this one gives us.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

Re: AJ's Trip to Florida & SEUC² Alarm Procedures
« Reply #60 on: February 19, 2007, 09:59:50 PM »

Being that this is my thread and I can change the title at will...

I tried using mom's scanner (I've never had the need for one).
FLHTUCSE2 Alarm stuff:

Step 1 reads: Select a 5-digit (1 thru 9) PIN
Step 2 : With an assigned fob present, turrn IGN key
        INGITION-off-INGITION-off-INGITION
Step 3 below
« Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 10:19:06 PM by hard10 »

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #61 on: February 19, 2007, 10:04:23 PM »

I've got to highjack my own thread here. I forgot to tell you that the local TV station (CH12) was interviewing people at the dealership just before this happened. I don't like being on camera so I avoided them but the 11 o'clock news teaser was just about 'riders without helmets' . Keep y'all posted,

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #62 on: February 19, 2007, 10:09:39 PM »

Page 2. If this is not helping, someone stop me.

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #63 on: February 19, 2007, 10:12:10 PM »

Page 3

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #64 on: February 19, 2007, 10:13:14 PM »

Page 4

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2007, 10:13:27 PM »

too small to read   for these ole eye's  AJ  but maybe with EAGLE  eyes...... ::)

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2007, 10:14:30 PM »

Last 1 (I promise  ;)  )

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2007, 10:20:46 PM »

too small to read   for these ole eye's  AJ  but maybe with EAGLE  eyes...... ::)
If you click on them they enlarge. (NO COMMENTS!)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2007, 10:29:25 PM »

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2007, 10:34:33 PM »

WOW   we really all are eagles then huh  or  i see  like it now  :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :huepfenlol2:
cool  AJ....

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2007, 11:35:41 PM »

I've got to highjack my own thread here. I forgot to tell you that the local TV station (CH12) was interviewing people at the dealership just before this happened. I don't like being on camera so I avoided them but the 11 o'clock news teaser was just about 'riders without helmets' . Keep y'all posted,

Was indeed the same guy they interviewed. It was about helmet safty and how the Federal gov't wants to give a new helmet to all new bike purchases. The camera shows him riding away then cuts. What they don't show is him falling. I went to their site(http://www.news12now.com/) but nada.

ccr

• 5k CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2007, 05:36:32 AM »

...I am so glad I didn't wait until (insert age here) to start riding a bike. ...
Jamey and I did not buy a bike when we first wanted one - too expensive, we lived in Belgium where it rained like 300 days / year, we waited till we had time, maybe next year................. But when we moved to DC to live, we sold the boat (one of the happiest days of our lives, seconded by the day we bought it) and got the road king.  Next year I had my own set of two wheels and all that set us on the road to knowing all you fine folks. And this is a very Good Thing!   :bananarock: :huepfenjump3:

Again, sorry about the thread detour. 

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2007, 08:35:00 AM »

If you click on them they enlarge. (NO COMMENTS!)

Damn! I was going to suggest that you get your Mom to help.

Chief

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2007, 10:09:48 PM »

Alright Cheif, leave Mom out of this. Here is a pix of Mom on the SEUC over the weekend.

Great day- I rode to work. High hit 73º. :huepfenjump3:  Busy but good. I had to miss dinner w/ Jorge to have a meeting w/ Dad tonight. Sorry again Jorge. AJ

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2007, 10:10:59 PM »

& Dad

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2007, 10:18:35 PM »

1 more of Big Al sportin' it.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #76 on: February 21, 2007, 08:04:37 AM »

1 more of Big Al sportin' it.

You better get out of town quick before Big Al keeps your bike for himself. Looks like your mom is ready for some leather and a trip to Daytona.

Chief

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2007, 08:20:41 AM »

Great pics and great story AJ.  Thanks a bunch.  Glad to see your parents enjoying the SEUC...Your dad looks like he enjoyed it as much as you do.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

hard10

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

« Reply #78 on: February 21, 2007, 11:22:49 PM »

;D :orange: ;D Today's high 78º (need I say more?)  ;D :orange: ;D

ESJ JESTER

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #79 on: February 21, 2007, 11:30:42 PM »

Great  pics  AJ  Enjoy the weather and ride :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 6 [All]

Page created in 0.43 seconds with 21 queries.