Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: BATTERY LIFE / SUGGESTED REPLACEMENT BATTERY  (Read 2716 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: BATTERY LIFE / SUGGESTED REPLACEMENT BATTERY
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 04:12:16 PM »

If any Modern touring bike sits for more than two weeks it will need a jump - no matter how old the battery is. The ecm & the clock & the alarm battery will suck the power out of it.
Actually, the alarm will go into "storage" mode after 21 days.  I learned this first hand, recently, after not riding my bike for a month.  I wasn't able to dis-arm the security system with the fob.  Had to do it manually, using the turn signals.  In getting into the owners manual to disarm it is when I learned about the "storage" mode activating automatically, to keep from running the battery down. 

I don't remember exactly how long it was since I'd rode it but I think it was four or five weeks.  Once I got it disarmed, the bike fired right up......the way it always does.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 22 queries.