Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Author Topic: Since politics have invaded the forum - Who wants to talk about motorcycles?  (Read 11993 times)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Anybody.  Anything.  Just as long as it's motorcycle related.  (Please? ;D)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing

Raising my hand. I will. I just took the V-Rod out for a short ride. Taking the SEUC next. It was supposed to be 51 today, but it's just 41 so far.
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

Raising my hand. I will. I just took the V-Rod out for a short ride. Taking the SEUC next. It was supposed to be 51 today, but it's just 41 so far.

:sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021: :sauer021:

I did just take down the Christmas tho.  :bananarock:

:indian_chief:

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Cool, Ken (no pun intended)!  It's warm and sunny enough here I coulda got something out today, but there's just too much salt and crud left on the roads.  Maybe it'll rain this week and clean it off and I'll be able to get out next weekend. :nixweiss:

Howie, got any motorcycle "bumper stickers" or other images you wanna post up in here?  7, 2, 72, or 172, it doesn't matter to me. ;D

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Cool, Ken (no pun intended)!  It's warm and sunny enough here I coulda got something out today, but there's just too much salt and crud left on the roads.  Maybe it'll rain this week and clean it off and I'll be able to get out next weekend. :nixweiss:

Howie, got any motorcycle "bumper stickers" or other images you wanna post up in here?  7, 2, 72, or 172, it doesn't matter to me. ;D

They laid a layer of salt down here this morning. WHY I'm not really sure. I had both bikes spick and span and HATED to ride through the salt, BUT, I've got cabin fever and just had to. It'll wash off.

errr Chuck, what does Christmas have to do with motorcycles?  :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2

The red bike is all torn apart for it's button fly resurrection.  Along with the top end work also got that set of Kuryakyn passenger adjustable pegs you told me about several months ago to go on.  A new set of throttle and idle cables here from Dude to go on while it's all apart.  And, if I don't run out of steam before it's all back together, a pretty cool red power coated oil pan to match the cylinders and heads.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

Nope, this thread is the real thing!!! :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub:

I'm building a 110 engine for the SERK, and rebuilding an '85 FXWG this winter. And I hope it only goes thru the winter this time! ::) :D

What are you all doing? ;D ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

They laid a layer of salt down here this morning. WHY I'm not really sure. I had both bikes spick and span and HATED to ride through the salt, BUT, I've got cabin fever and just had to. It'll wash off.

errr Chuck, what does Christmas have to do with motorcycles?  :nixweiss:

errrrr ahhhh nothing I guess. I'm just jealous that you're out riding and I'm taking down the decorations.  :(

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

errrrr ahhhh nothing I guess. I'm just jealous that you're out riding and I'm taking down the decorations.  :(

Were you at least wearing a HD shirt while doing it????  ;D

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!

And I'm happy to see that most of the Viewers are looking at this thread!!! :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Nope, this thread is the real thing!!! :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub: :smilie_staub:

I'm building a 110 engine for the SERK, and rebuilding an '85 FXWG this winter. And I hope it only goes thru the winter this time! ::) :D

Hoist! 8)

Howie, as long as it's been down, when you get the engine rebuilt, we'll never see you online again.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Howie, as long as it's been down, when you get the engine rebuilt, we'll never see you online again.

Is that an order? :nixweiss: :P :D

Hoist! 8)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

I'm going riding. The bagger is just too clean. It needs a fresh coat of salt on it. Then I will have something to do next weekend, clean it up.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

I'm going riding. The bagger is just too clean. It needs a fresh coat of salt on it. Then I will have something to do next weekend, clean it up.

Good for you man! Have fun! :2vrolijk_21:

Still only 35 here!

Hoist! 8)

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

Were you at least wearing a HD shirt while doing it????  ;D

Ummmmm. No. I guess I goofed that one up too. Maybe I need to go back downstairs and polish some more bolts. :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

and rebuilding an '85 FXWG this winter.

Hoist! 8)

Ummmm, Howie; boobie; the 110 is still not quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite there yet.  And the WG happens after the 110 (doesn't it?).  It's already almost February buddy.  That's not gonna be a winter project man.....

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Hoist! 8)

Nothin'.  Just daydreaming about adding a third CVO and looking forward to firing up the 2 that are already in the stable once the weather breaks.  Someday I hope do a winter motor project on the SEEG.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member

We attended the weekly HOG breakfast, and we had the buffet so we could get the most BSing time with our buddies.  
We both wore HD shirts, Jamey had on his HD boots, I was wearing HD socks.  Now we are back at the house, and after taking Maggie Mae, our beloved black labish mutt to the PetSmart to choose her treat for this upcoming week, Jamey is now wearing his HD slippers.
We picked up Jamey's bike yesterday from the HD shop - warranty replacement of engine mount and new steering heads.  They pulled out the stereo and a replacement is ordered. They will not warranty the second set of passenger floor boards, but you know, we are OK with it.
My bike is the inde shop getting new pipes and a ThunderMax fuel air controller installed and of course the dyna tune.  Jamey picked me up new V&H pipes but with double walls instead of the single walls that got so discolored.  So life is good here too.

Oh it has really warmed up here.  It is now 44 degrees.   :divers009:

Now we are watching a nice movie on TV.  That is my very small Harley insert into this thread about talking about motorcycles.  

Oh, and we have all the Christmas stuff down, and almost all of it put away.   ;) :)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 02:44:48 PM by Mrs.We »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

The red bike is all torn apart for it's button fly resurrection.  Along with the top end work also got that set of Kuryakyn passenger adjustable pegs you told me about several months ago to go on.  A new set of throttle and idle cables here from Dude to go on while it's all apart.  And, if I don't run out of steam before it's all back together, a pretty cool red power coated oil pan to match the cylinders and heads.

:worthless:

A step-by-step pictorial is in order, just like we wanna see from Chuck!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Ummmm, Howie; boobie; the 110 is still not quiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite there yet.  And the WG happens after the 110 (doesn't it?).  It's already almost February buddy.  That's not gonna be a winter project man.....

I'm talking about just the SERK!!! :nixweiss:

;D ;D ;D

They were both supossed to get done. Yep, I kinda expected it though. I've seen this movie many times before! ;)

Hoist! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

Nooooo, say it ain't so......that you'll leave that salt on there for a WEEK!   :o :oops: no, please, no.  :huepfenlol2: har!  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

For you SEEG riders out there that have not changed from the stock SEEG seat......the Corbin stinger model still the rider at least 2 inches further back on the bike.  ??? spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

For you SEEG riders out there that have not changed from the stock SEEG seat......the Corbin stinger model still the rider at least 2 inches further back on the bike.  ??? spyder

I'm not using any seat I'd have to wear lifts to ride with!!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Whatchu talkin about Willis? I thought you already do! :nixweiss:

:D :D :D

Hoist! 8)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

no 'higher'.......just further from the grips.  har !  :drink:  spyder

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II

a pretty cool red power coated oil pan

I thought you decided against that  :nixweiss:
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

I thought you decided against that  :nixweiss:

No, it's here Duane :2vrolijk_21: .  It was actually the first piece I had back in hand from powder coat since it didn't have to go on to diamond cut.  Not a lot of it will be seen.  But it's here.  Just to have to get the old one off and the new one on.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

No, it's here Duane :2vrolijk_21: .  It was actually the first piece I had back in hand from powder coat since it didn't have to go on to diamond cut.  Not a lot of it will be seen.  But it's here.  Just to have to get the old one off and the new one on.
........and the RedBike moves the bar higher.  :) :huepfenjump3:  har!   :drink:spyder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

........and the RedBike moves the bar higher.  :) :huepfenjump3:  har!   :drink:spyder

Thay's why he needs the lifts! ::) ;D

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Whatchu talkin about Willis? I thought you already do! :nixweiss:

:D :D :D

Hoist! 8)

Hey, can you guys not post back-to-back like that?  With the similarity in your avatars, I'm not always sure who's saying what. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Hey, can you guys not post back-to-back like that?  With the similarity in your avatars, I'm not always sure who's saying what. :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

No Brian, that's not it. It's just me aggrandizing, and talking to myself!!! ::) ;D

Hoist! 8)

ccr

• 5k CVO Member

It has made me double take a couple times too.   :D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

It's easy Brian, the picture in my avatar is of the bike that is (or at least will be again very soon) in one piece :bananarock: !

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

It's easy Brian, the picture in my avatar is of the bike that is (or at least will be again very soon) in one piece :bananarock: !

Uh oh.

;D

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

It has made me double take a couple times too.   :D

I really am going to have to start watching that side of the screen a little more.....  :nixweiss:

With the signatures actually turned off wonder what the hell I'm issing down there :nervous: :huepfenlol2: ?

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

More similarities than you thought! :P

And you can't mistake them at all. A red bike in one will never be mine! ::) ;D

Hoist! 8)

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

No Brian, that's not it. It's just me aggrandizing, and talking to myself!!! ::) ;D

Hoist! 8)

Didn't your momma warn you about that? :shocked2: :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

She just told me it might make me go blind! :nixweiss: :D :D :D

Hoist! 8)

SPIDERMAN

Spent the better part of yesterday working on Bubba_T's 03 SERK. Since I don't own one anymore, I have to find volunteers to let me work on theirs. As posted elsewhere, we are doing some mods to Ken's ride. Dave Mackie is working his magic on a set of CVO 103 Heads we got on the site along with the stock cylinders. These were sent to Diamond Cut first and now are in the hands of the aforementioned Mr. Mackie. He will be providing us with a set of his pistons, DM598G cams, Fueling/Rivera oil pump and lifters and a huper-uthectic (sp?) top end gasket kit. While we've got the bike stripped down, we're changing out the inner primary to chrome, adding the self adjusting primary chain tensioner, changing out most of the hardware on the bike to chrome, changing the handlebars to 8" Wild-1 Chubby's and getting the wheels polished professionally. Ken is looking at an Extreme Engineering 18 x3.5 Eaglez front wheel as well. So as you can imagine, there's one pretty bare chassis sittin on my bench. Gotta say though next to ridin, I love wrenchin on a bike with a good bro.

B B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

No no no Brian, you're confusing things.  Mom never said anything about aggrandizing.  It's self aggrandizing she said would make your palms go hairy ??? !

ccr

• 5k CVO Member

I really am going to have to start watching that side of the screen a little more.....  :nixweiss:

With the signatures actually turned off wonder what the hell I'm missing down there :nervous: :huepfenlol2: ?
A couple of folks screaming at us, and Puzzeld's great signature and of course my great husband's request to not support the naming of the blue and black SEEGs as Huckleberry.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I only turned my signatures on lately, hated all the great big pictures, and did not know what I was missing.  There are are few great ones.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:35:39 PM by Mrs.We »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG

She just told me it might make me go blind! :nixweiss: :D :D :D

Hoist! 8)

O O O O

Now I know what it means!

;)

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

You can't tell me the politics threads are this much fun. :no: :P ;D

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"

well i thought about riding the SERK to go work on the server yesterdaym but still too much crud on the roads, and it snowed again today  :soapbox:
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra

I've, today, now managed to amass something like 6 windshields for the RG and EG. Didn't know I'd need some many but a bargain for spares is just tough to pass up. Went to the Int. M.C. show in Cleveland yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. Crowded as hell but it was quality time w/ friends and family and it was warm inside. Much larger this year and the beer. Did a swap meet in Canton today w/ some other friends and it was good too. Again, much larger than last year and the beer.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)

Haven't done anything to the bike lately...took a couple of rides in the past month on Wanda June, and to work and back one day on the V.  It's been cold down here lately, and damp.  Won't be long 'till it's back in the 60's though.

Parts in the basement waiting:  spare set of jugs and heads; TP rocker boxes and arms; GP bearing; StaBo bushings; billet push rod covers and lifter block covers; probably forgetting something, but no funds this year for any major projects, so I'm just riding the beautch this year.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

I took the V-Rod for a short spin. Was airish to say the least. Didn't ride far, came back home and got the bagger out. NIGHT and day difference o ride comfort. Was somewhat airsih, but not bad if dressed for it. I headed down this country road I live on and didn't wanna stop. Got the end and didn't have way to go, so, I went North at 95 MPH, oh, and 110 some too. Had the Zumo on, just to get used to the MP3 player. ZZTopp, Lynard, Mayall, and George Thoroughgood jamming. Rode about 100 miles or so. That's got to be as much fun as a guy can have with his clothes on.

Stopped by Big Ed's. He's looking for a SE Road Glide. I wasn't sure if Trish was gonna let him get another bike or not. I'll believe it when I see it. He's ready to BBQ more ribs for the HB BBQ this may.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

I took the V-Rod for a short spin. Was airish to say the least. Didn't ride far, came back home and got the bagger out. NIGHT and day difference o ride comfort. Was somewhat airsih, but not bad if dressed for it. I headed down this country road I live on and didn't wanna stop. Got the end and didn't have way to go, so, I went North at 95 MPH, oh, and 110 some too. Had the Zumo on, just to get used to the MP3 player. ZZTopp, Lynard, Mayall, and George Thoroughgood jamming. Rode about 100 miles or so. That's got to be as much fun as a guy can have with his clothes on.

Stopped by Big Ed's. He's looking for a SE Road Glide. I wasn't sure if Trish was gonna let him get another bike or not. I'll believe it when I see it. He's ready to BBQ more ribs for the HB BBQ this may.

I sure hope you don't pick the weekend of the 24th.  :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

I sure hope you don't pick the weekend of the 24th.  :2vrolijk_21:

Crap! And I was gonna say Memorial Day weekend would be good! :o

Hoist! 8)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE

Crap! And I was gonna say Memorial Day weekend would be good! :o

Hoist! 8)
Two words......

"Rolling Thunder"

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO

Today....I took the CUSE to Stuart dealer to check some issues  (the 2-year warranty expire at the end of the month) and I picked the Springer up. They installed the Wild1 565 bars......I liked it :2vrolijk_21:.....Rode around 200 miles today.......72 degrees......

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Today....I took the CUSE to Stuart dealer to check some issues  (the 2-year warranty expire at the end of the month) and I picked the Springer up. They installed the Wild1 565 bars......I liked it :2vrolijk_21:.....Rode around 200 miles today.......72 degrees......
Did you really expect to get away w/saying that and not get this??....

:worthless: :worthless:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SPIDERMAN

This topic has drifted in and out of topic so I hope nobody minds if I respond to Gary's off topic post.

Gary,
        What is Rolling Thunder about ?  I seem to recall it had something to do with support for Nam Vets and a run to the wall. Can you explain more please ?  Also, with the numbers of dead and wounded climbing daily in the Middle East, does this run also support them

Thanks
          Brian

ccr

• 5k CVO Member

This topic has drifted in and out of topic so I hope nobody minds if I respond to Gary's off topic post.

Gary,
        What is Rolling Thunder about ?  I seem to recall it had something to do with support for Nam Vets and a run to the wall. Can you explain more please ?  Also, with the numbers of dead and wounded climbing daily in the Middle East, does this run also support them

Thanks
          Brian

I'm not Gary, but Rolling Thunder is a very political organization and is also a very political rally http://www.rollingthundermotorcyclerally.com/

"The major function of Rolling Thunder®, Inc. is to publicize POW-MIA issues: To educate the public that many American prisoners of war were left behind after all previous wars and to help correct the past and to protect future veterans from being left behind should they become prisoners of war-missing in action.

We are also committed to helping American veterans from all wars.

Rolling Thunder®, Inc. is a non-profit organization. Members donate their time because they believe in the issues we are working on."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 07:17:04 PM by Mrs.We »

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

OK Jorge..........just 5 weeks, buddy.   :huepfenlol2: har!  :drink: spyder

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

Did you really expect to get away w/saying that and not get this??....

:worthless: :worthless:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I know, I know mi amigo Gary.....I will post some pics stomorrow.....sorry  :-*

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

OK Jorge..........just 5 weeks, buddy.   :huepfenlol2: har!  :drink: spyder

Yes mi amigo Spyder....can't wait!!! We are going to have a good time for sure.... :drink::beerchug:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

BBQ here either the 24th or memorial weekend. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

Isn't Memorial Day weekend the weekend of the 24th? :nixweiss:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Cow chit if I know.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

hehe! ;D Yep! ;)

That's why I commented after Chuck.
Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Yes, the holiday is Monday 26 May.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Gary,

Thanks
          Brian

B B,
Along w/the link/info Candy provided here is another w/some history of Rolling Thunder Inc. Even though it's hot/crowded in DC during this weekend as a Vet/American there is no other place that I could/would be at least one day during this. I've done the parade a couple times, and don't really go up for that anymore. However I'll go up at least one day during the weekend to pay tribute/respect to all those that came before me, and will come after me to keep us free. Sitting hear typing this reminds me of how close I could've come to those that I'm remembering during that weekend and I thank God for keeping me safe.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

Cow chit if I know.

It is. 5/26 is Memorial Day this year. We'll be in DC for the Rolling Thunder parade. Fired00d and Red Devil will be there too. :)

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Beating my head against the desk..

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

I know, I know mi amigo Gary.....I will post some pics stomorrow.....sorry  :-*
I'm just messing w/you I know you will. ;) ;D I figure you will at least show me pictures of what you're going to tell Martha it's all my fault for anyway. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the Ride To The Wall Southern Style This is a police escorted ride from Daytona to DC. We did it last year and had about 85 bikes riding into DC. It was a great ride and really meant a lot to us to be there for the event.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG

If anyone is interested, here is a link to the Ride To The Wall Southern Style This is a police escorted ride from Daytona to DC. We did it last year and had about 85 bikes riding into DC. It was a great ride and really meant a lot to us to be there for the event.

That sounds like a great ride!!  :2vrolijk_21:

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

It is. 5/26 is Memorial Day this year. We'll be in DC for the Rolling Thunder parade. Fired00d and Red Devil will be there too. :)

I've got this DCFD friend if he's working during that weekend they usually have a hell of a BBQ going on at the station we might just be able to ride by and see him. I'll let him respond. :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

I've got this DCFD friend if he's working during that weekend they usually have a hell of a BBQ going on at the station we might just be able to ride by and see him. I'll let him respond. :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Hopefully this year we'll do more than play phone tag like last. I do know that on Saturday we'll be doing Air & Space on the mall. We'll also be going up into the obelisk this year. We tried to go last year but it was already booked. This year I already got us our tickets, so we're golden.  :2vrolijk_21:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Yea, I hear his wife is smokin' too. ;D

ccr

• 5k CVO Member

We have been pretty much involved in at least some small way each year since 1998.  We have ridden into the city from lots of places, but the trip from Dumfries is our personal favorite.  It is about 30 miles, police escorted the whole way, safe up the HOV lanes.  People line the roads and the overpasses.  People who have served, who are serving, have loved ones who have or are serving.  The support of this event the motorcyclists offer is very much appreciated and the love is so evident.  You see wheel chair bound veterans, ones on crutches, some wearing their uniforms as best they can, they salute you, wave at you, send kisses, and thank yous.  They wave flags, hang flags off the overpasses, they wear flag clothes, they will make your heart break.  Then if you are brave enough to go to the staging area, you will be with 400,000 of your best motorcycle friends.  You can scan your HOG card for a pin, if that is your thing.  If you drive straight into the district you will be sucked up into a couple thousand other of your best motorcycle friends.  There is a small vendor area.  There is the memorials.  There is a lot of people.  It will make you so proud that 1.  You are an American 2.  That you can rally for your beliefs and 3.  That you are there on your Harley Davidson motorcycle.

Sorry, did not want to make it sound like I did not approve.  Just don't want anyone to think it is anything but political.  
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 08:44:00 PM by Mrs.We »

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member

Uh oh, politics have invaded even this thread. :nervous: :nixweiss: :( :P

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Hopefully this year we'll do more than play phone tag like last. I do know that on Saturday we'll be doing Air & Space on the mall. We'll also be going up into the obelisk this year. We tried to go last year but it was already booked. This year I already got us our tickets, so we're golden.  :2vrolijk_21:

I hope so. :2vrolijk_21: Last year I was with a large group and it's always hard to get everyone moving at the same speed. ::) I know I'll go by either Fairfax or Fort Washington H-D to do the pin stop and then head down to Thunder Alley on Saturday. Depending on if I stay up for the weekend w/family will determine if I'm still in the city on Sunday.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

I hope so. :2vrolijk_21: Last year I was with a large group and it's always hard to get everyone moving at the same speed. ::) I know I'll go by either Fairfax or Fort Washington H-D to do the pin stop and then head down to Thunder Alley on Saturday. Depending on if I stay up for the weekend w/family will determine if I'm still in the city on Sunday.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Saturday we'll do T/A, the memorials, the pointy monument and then A&S museum.

On Sunday we'll do the prarade and then hit the road as soon as we can. We'd like to get southwest a good bit before night.

Hopefully we'll be able to find you on Saturday.  :)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

We have been pretty much involved in at least some small way each year since 1998.  We have ridden into the city from lots of places, but the trip from Dumfries is our personal favorite.  It is about 30 miles, police escorted the whole way, safe up the HOV lanes.  People line the roads and the overpasses.  People who have served, who are serving, have loved ones who have or are serving.  The support of this event the motorcyclists offer is very much appreciated and the love is so evident.  You see wheel chair bound veterans, ones on crutches, some wearing their uniforms as best they can, the salute you, wave at you, send kisses, and thank yous.  They wave flags, hang flags off the overpasses, they wear flag clothes, they will make your heart break.  Then if you are brave enough to go to the staging area, you will be with 400,000 of your best motorcycle friends.  You can scan your HOG card for a pin, if that is your thing.  If you drive straight into the district you will be sucked up into a couple thousand other of your best motorcycle friends.  they is a small vendor area.  There is the memorials.  There is a lot of people.  It will make you so proud that 1.  You are an American 2.  That you can rally for your beliefs and 3.  That you are there on your Harley Davidson motorcycle.

Sorry, did not want to make it sound like I did not approve.  Just don't want anyone to think it is anything but political.  
I've done the "Ride of The Patriots" (police escorted ride from Fairfax/Patriot H-D) and it was awesome. It also is a police escorted ride of thousand of bikes from the dealership down to the Pentagon. There are people lined on the streets/overpasses/intersections/anywhere they can be to give you their honor and support. As a Vet/American having lived during the time when Viet Nam vets came home and were disgraced, spat at, etc (and I was looked at funny for volunteering towards the end of this conflict) it really is inspiring to see how times have changed and the way Americans feel about their Armed Forces personal.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

As a Vet/American having lived during the time when Viet Nam vets came home and were disgraced, spat at, etc (and I was looked at funny for volunteering towards the end of this conflict) it really is inspiring to see how times have changed and the way Americans feel about their Armed Forces personal.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Exactly!  :2vrolijk_21: (except I didn't know you were that old)  :nervous: har!  spyder

harleydiva

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Memorial Day weekends sounds great, lots of folks will have a 3 day weekend.   :2vrolijk_21:

Say hi to JD!   :)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Exactly!  :2vrolijk_21: (except I didn't know you were that old)  :nervous: har!  spyder
I joined in Nov. '74, went active in June '75 got out in June '78. My parents had to sign for me to enlist because I wasn't old enough. Nothing like spending your eighteenth birthday on Parris Island. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle

I joined in Nov. '74, went active in June '75 got out in June '78. My parents had to sign for me to enlist because I wasn't old enough. Nothing like spending your eighteenth birthday on Parris Island. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
  oohhhh.......'growing up' quick.  ;) har!  spyder

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:
 :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Memorial Day weekends sounds great, lots of folks will have a 3 day weekend.   :2vrolijk_21:

Say hi to JD!   :)

Wow Diva..do you plan on having a beer or two???  ;D Memorial day it is then! I'll keep the camper porch light on for ya.

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG

Wow Diva..do you plan on having a beer or two???  ;D Memorial day it is then! I'll keep the camper porch light on for ya.
Is there room for more than 1 New Yaaker?? Although technically Upstate is a different country than the city!  :huepfenlol2:

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8

Bummer.  :( I was hoping we could make it for this year's feast.

I seem to remember another three day weekend sometime in July. I can't remember exactly when it is, but it's pretty early in the month. ;D

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

oohhhh.......'growing up' quick.  ;) har!  spyder
Funny you mention that I believe a heard a couple of my Drill Instructors mention that they were making a "man" out of me while at Parris Island. ;) ;D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

Hmm, counts me out. :( :'( Oh well maybe in 2009 (as long as it's not Memorial Day Weekend).

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?

If any one is interested I participated in an event for Dual Purpose bikes last weekend in FL.  Not many pictures but I will post what I have in the future in the gallery.

It was cold, wet and fun!

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Another pic...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Here is some wet...

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member

Now for the cold...

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3

i added some ci's to my fltr, now a 103, i'm getting there. :2vrolijk_21:

been riding it more than my flhrse3....which btw has around 3k on the new engine and appears to be weeping on the rear base. not showing at the head yet, :nixweiss:

was nice today so i rode them both a bit. while i'm really digging my 08 fltr everytime i mount my serk i smile. :2vrolijk_21:

lets ride

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II

Jorge - you live near Treasure Coast?
I have a very good friend in Stuart. Unfortunately this will be the first winter trip I don't get to see him. We'll be north of Jacksonville and he leaves for the Bahamas on Monday the 4th.

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II

Rolling Thunder is a very political organization and is also a very political rally

Not to mention probably the single largest run/ rally in the country.

500,000 plus bikes make the run each year, the zeroes are correct.

MV 2013

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4

I fired up the Oldster Sunday....Started on the 3rd kick.
Jorge, was my phone not working for your ride to Stuart?
Hope to see you again soon.

Miker

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

Sounds better this way:  CVO GTG BBQ here either the 24th or memorial weekend :2vrolijk_21:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

I'm just messing w/you I know you will. ;) ;D I figure you will at least show me pictures of what you're going to tell Martha it's all my fault for anyway. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

I was kidding mi amigo Gary....she is in Costa Rica for 10 days so I have to take advantage that I am alone  :huepfenjump3: Today is cold, now 55 degrees, later 70's brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

Jorge - you live near Treasure Coast?
I have a very good friend in Stuart. Unfortunately this will be the first winter trip I don't get to see him. We'll be north of Jacksonville and he leaves for the Bahamas on Monday the 4th.

Mi amigo Duanne....Wellington (where I use to stay in the weekend) is around 40 miles from Stuart so is very close. This was my first time that I took my bikes to that dealer. I knew them two weekend ago when I went with Jeff (Rooster452) because his bike is there for several engine modificationes and I was impressed with the service and the people is very friendly and helpful. Even though the owner is the most of the times around and if you need something you can go to him :2vrolijk_21:

I remember that the last year you sent me a PM saying that you were going to be in Stuart and I was out the town and didn't see the emails for several day and I missed you.......How is your itinerary in JAX next weekend? My son is in UNF and maybe I can make it....

Jorge

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

I fired up the Oldster Sunday....Started on the 3rd kick.
Jorge, was my phone not working for your ride to Stuart?
Hope to see you again soon.

Miker

That is a beautiful bike Mike :2vrolijk_21: I have to go and see it!! I'm sorry I didn't call you because I went to Wellington Sunday early in the morning and was doubtfull if I would go to Stuart (you know the weather was terrible around 9:30am tehre), finally when it was clearing up I decided to go and rode the CUSE and picked the Springer up. From Stuart I came directly to Miami (I didn't stop in Wellington)....any plans for the next weekend? Because I have to go there again and ick the CUSE up.......let me know

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4

That is a beautiful bike Mike :2vrolijk_21: I have to go and see it!! I'm sorry I didn't call you because I went to Wellington Sunday early in the morning and was doubtfull if I would go to Stuart (you know the weather was terrible around 9:30am tehre), finally when it was clearing up I decided to go and rode the CUSE and picked the Springer up. From Stuart I came directly to Miami (I didn't stop in Wellington)....any plans for the next weekend? Because I have to go there again and ick the CUSE up.......let me know

Yeah it was crummy in the AM.  I'll be around my man.  Let me know if you want to use my trailer or need a ride to pick up the CUSE, no problemo.

Miker

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Hmm, counts me out. :( :'( Oh well maybe in 2009 (as long as it's not Memorial Day Weekend).

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Sorry about that Gary. Would love to see you here for the BBQ, but, I totally understand. I just think the three day w/e would be the best. It'll give people a better chance to make it here.

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Is there room for more than 1 New Yaaker?? Although technically Upstate is a different country than the city!  :huepfenlol2:

Damn straight howie. I'd love to have you here man! I may not have enough room to put you up, unless the floor is Ok. there's not any motels here in clinton, but my aunt and uncle own a B&B. I'll try and work something out with them to get a decent rate. There's some motels also within 15-20 miles. I wish I could give everyone a bed, but hard to do in a 3 bedroom home.

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II

first time that I took my bikes to that dealer.

Tried to buy a bike from that dealer several years ago. Used, dark gray metallic whatever that color was that year. Really nice 2005 Roadking with about 8000 miles and just about completely stock. Best he would do on the price turned out to be the current list price of the 2006 RK's. Must have gone to Rossmeyer's school.

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II

How is your itinerary in JAX next weekend? My son is in UNF and maybe I can make it....

I'll have my schedule hopefully today and will post it on the "in town" thread

MV 2013

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II

I wish I could give everyone a bed, but hard to do in a 3 bedroom home.

1 for you  - 1 for Sheri - leaves one extra  :nixweiss:

MV 2013

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)

If any one is interested I participated in an event for Dual Purpose bikes last weekend in FL.  Not many pictures but I will post what I have in the future in the gallery.

It was cold, wet and fun!

St George Island is a great place!!  It's been several years since I've been there, but it's one of the few remaining places without huge condos, and the State Park is very nice.  Looks like a good time!
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

THAT would suk!

ccr

• 5k CVO Member

THAT would suk!
One room for Cheri and you, one room for Sheri and  you and an extra.   :nixweiss:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

Yeah, mine!!! :P ;D

Hoist! 8)

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

Yeah it was crummy in the AM.  I'll be around my man.  Let me know if you want to use my trailer or need a ride to pick up the CUSE, no problemo.

Miker

Thanks mi amigo Mike...I will call you on Friday and go on Saturday (if you can).

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

Tried to buy a bike from that dealer several years ago. Used, dark gray metallic whatever that color was that year. Really nice 2005 Roadking with about 8000 miles and just about completely stock. Best he would do on the price turned out to be the current list price of the 2006 RK's. Must have gone to Rossmeyer's school.

:huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenjump3:

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

I'll have my schedule hopefully today and will post it on the "in town" thread

Ok mi amigo.....

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

Yeah, mine!!! :P ;D

Hoist! 8)

You got a room already. but if you need to cancel, call before 24 hours of arrival time, or i'll charge you. Bring my coat, camera, and tools when you come!  ;D

harleydiva

Can I have a cup like Cheri's?   ;)

See y'all Memorial Day!   Whoo whoo!   :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

Can I have a cup like Cheri's?   ;)

I just hate it when there are simply so many options that none can be chosen.  Just freeze up when it's too easy sometimes.....  :(

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

I just hate it when there are simply so many options that none can be chosen.  Just freeze up when it's too easy sometimes.....  :(

:huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

WHY do you think I didn't respond?

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

WHY do you think I didn't respond?

Lockjaw is a b***h sometimes :drink: .

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 10:59:40 AM by porthole »

MV 2013

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
Re: Since politics have invaded the forum - Who wants to talk about motorcycles?
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2008, 07:47:54 PM »

St George Island is a great place!!  It's been several years since I've been there, but it's one of the few remaining places without huge condos, and the State Park is very nice.  Looks like a good time!

It was all good!
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 8 [All]

Page created in 0.488 seconds with 21 queries.