Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Author Topic: Corbin visit.......  (Read 8354 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Corbin visit.......
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 07:09:37 PM »

Thanks for posting the great pics of the new Corbin JC.  Just rubbin-it-in on those of us that wish they were within riding distance of Corbin's fit while you wait custom shop.  Florida won't do that for us East Coast riders.  dangit.  :'( spyder

Not rubbing it in Spyder.  Terrie and I just had a conversation about that.....she asked why I was posting all the photos since everybody's been there.  I told her that I'm not posting for those that have been there.......it's for all those who've never been so fortunate. :2vrolijk_21:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »

Did Terri say that the mods made to the new seat accomplished what she needed in moving her closer and lower?  :nixweiss: And is it still comfy?   :-\spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »

Florida won't do that for us East Coast riders.  dangit.  :'( spyder

Correct...Lucky dog...

Terri...Enjoy the seat!!!  And watch out for JC...

;)

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 08:39:12 PM »

Wow, Terri nice seat. I can see OCD is alive and well. I wish I would have gotten your guys call so I could of seen it in person. Can't wait to see it. I did see  that big smile on your face though. Congrats on your choice it looks great. Love you guys talk to you soon. Jon

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 09:06:07 PM »

Congrats on the new seat....Looks great! :huepfenjump3: Looks like a perfect match, just like you and JC! ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 09:45:26 PM »

Did Terri say that the mods made to the new seat accomplished what she needed in moving her closer and lower?  :nixweiss: And is it still comfy?   :-\spyder

Ya know....it did move her lower and more forward.  But being new to baggers, she's still got to get used to how much wider that bike is (compared to her Dynas) and how much heavier it is. 

She's put about six hundred miles on it already and while she's had a couple close calls, she hasn't dropped it yet. ::)  And every mile is another mile of experiece.  Kind of the opposite of when she first strated riding.....back then, she liked riding surface streets but hated the freeway.  Now she likes ridng the freeways (she said "it's easy once I get it rolling) but hates the stop and go.  I told her that baggers have a way of having that affect on people. :huepfenlol2:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 06:37:35 AM »

Ya know....it did move her lower and more forward.  But being new to baggers, she's still got to get used to how much wider that bike is (compared to her Dynas) and how much heavier it is. 

She's put about six hundred miles on it already and while she's had a couple close calls, she hasn't dropped it yet. ::)  And every mile is another mile of experiece.  Kind of the opposite of when she first strated riding.....back then, she liked riding surface streets but hated the freeway.  Now she likes ridng the freeways (she said "it's easy once I get it rolling) but hates the stop and go.  I told her that baggers have a way of having that affect on people. :huepfenlol2:
You may still want to lower the scooter for her......makes it easier if you're flat footed, you know.  ;)  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »

Very nice seat Terrie, good choice on the red thread. I don't do so well on the stop's either but my problem is short on the inseam which you don't have. But if I could just get a couple of extra inches on leg length my pants wouldn't bunch up so bad on the bottom. :huepfenlol2:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 01:54:57 PM »

You may still want to lower the scooter for her......makes it easier if you're flat footed, you know.  ;)  spyder

Oh, she's flat footed.  Actually, she's got a slight bend in her knees.  Just doesn't feel like she has the control that she had on her Dyna.  I think it's just a matter of her adjusting to a higher riding bike.

That bike handles so great, I'm afraid to mess with the suspension at all.  We'll let others tread there first and give the reports over a period of time, first. :nixweiss:

Yea Terry........at 6'4" my pants still bunch up on the bottom to, when I stand up.  I get them extra long so that when I'm riding they stay down over my boots.  Don't want anybody to know I wear white sox. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

Wildrat

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »

That seat is nice! That's what I was suppose to get for my Cobalt 06SG, except with blue flames, no heater, and a back support. The benefit of getting it made while ya wait I guess. I waited a month for my third seat from them and what do I get? A seat off the shelf with nothing done to it. Joy, Joy. That is a very nice seat though. Enjoy the seat! I need A/C in my seat down here in old people land.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:17:20 PM by Wildrat »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 03:12:01 PM »

Love the seat, I wish I was close enough to visit Corbin. If I was, I wouldn't have to switch from my solo to the dual every winter. They don't offer the solo w/ heat. At least they didn't as recently as 6 months ago. :nixweiss:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »

They don't offer the solo w/ heat. At least they didn't as recently as 6 months ago. :nixweiss:

Corbin is hard to figure Mark.  They wouldn't do a heated solo seat for my wife's Fatboy either but yet for a Streetglide they will.    :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »

That seat is nice! That's what I was suppose to get for my Cobalt 06SG, except with blue flames, no heater, and a back support. The benefit of getting it made while ya wait I guess. I waited a month for my third seat from them and what do I get? A seat off the shelf with nothing done to it. Joy, Joy. That is a very nice seat though. Enjoy the seat! I need A/C in my seat down here in old people land.

You mean like the one being made in this slide show?  It's the one they made for my SEEG several years ago.....   http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/slideshow/4000502

Love the seat, I wish I was close enough to visit Corbin. If I was, I wouldn't have to switch from my solo to the dual every winter. They don't offer the solo w/ heat. At least they didn't as recently as 6 months ago. :nixweiss:

Are you dealing with Corbin in Fla. or in Calif?  Smaller bikes they can't because the heat pad is larger than the seat.  However, if the seat is big enough, they can do it....at least the factory in Hollister will.

West Coast GTG   

Wildrat

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 08:11:25 PM »

JCZ, Very nice. I like the wide stitching they did on the flames. If you were to cut the dual tour back seat off that is what I want. I was dealing with Corbin Florida. There was one older guy in there that was really good. I never had issues with him, even when problems arose with the first seat. The heat in the seat comment was not that I wanted heat. I wanted A/C in my seat. My eyes are really bad today, I've been up for two days now. My wife went out of town to Washington state to see her children for TG. I don't fly anymore since leaving the military 12 year ago. I had more room to stretch in military acft., usually the whole aircraft. Anyway, I would probably go with a Corbin seat again if I knew I would get what I wanted. Maybe I will ride to Cali and get one. I have a solo Mustang seat now and surprisingly it's pretty comfortable. I used it to go to the Grand Canyon and I survived. That was a nice ride, a bit monotonous packing and unpacking everyday, but the riding was excellent once we got on I-20. I had fun scaring the cows, they are not used to people so mooing and honking my horn scared them, even had a small stampede at one point. I've been trying to get reactions out of these eastern cows for a couple of decades. It was almost as fun as the sheep stampede I started in England. Anyway, I'm straying as usual. I have a sewing machine like Corbin has, maybe I will do my own cover. I need to get some denser foam than what Corbin is using though, just for my bones.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 08:24:51 PM »

You mean like the one being made in this slide show?  It's the one they made for my SEEG several years ago.....   http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/slideshow/4000502

Are you dealing with Corbin in Fla. or in Calif?  Smaller bikes they can't because the heat pad is larger than the seat.  However, if the seat is big enough, they can do it....at least the factory in Hollister will.

JC, it was CA. I ordered the first solo 3 years ago from FL but found all my questions and request were being answered from CA so after that I've only gone through CA. On this last gray ostrich solo I begged them to let me order it with heat but they said they could not do it. :nixweiss: I've got Corbins on all three bikes now and I could not ride on anything else, amazing how different I feel from first one right out of the box. I remember debating whether to send that concrete block back, sure glad I didn't. :2vrolijk_21:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 21 queries.