Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Author Topic: Helmet or Not?  (Read 12878 times)

Eagle Soars

• Full CVO Member
  • formerly known as "UpChuck82"

• CVO1: '09 FLHTCUSE4 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
Re: Helmet or Not?
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2009, 10:55:09 PM »

I wear helmets 100% of the time and no BSR gets on w/o one.  Living in eastern Nebraska with helmet laws, lots of folks here go ride in western Iowa (no helmet laws).  Most stop at 1st exit into Iowa and take em off.  A buddy of mine does this, and I'd always give him chit about it cause I care about him and his family.  A few weeks ago he was riding his bike to get some service done and layed it down and he said he and it rolled a couple times.  He had his helmet on (in Nebr) and it had a huge scratches and dents in it.  His girlfriend was following right behind him in the cage to pick him up.  She was a mess to say the least.  He's DEFINITELY changed his tune on helmets and thanked me for my previous sniping at him.
2009 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
Arlen Ness Big Sucker (Chrome Backplate) w/ KN Filter
SERT
SE Slip-Ons

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
Re: Helmet or Not?
« Reply #121 on: March 03, 2009, 04:49:34 PM »

Let those who ride decide.

Yep, I know it is safer with a helmet, and a full face is safer than a 1/2 or 3/4 helmet.

Then again, I know it is safer to drive my 1 ton crew cab dually than my bikes.

I have taken the motorcycle safety course and the Experianced rider safety course, and will be taking it again this year with my wife, her first time as a rider.

So, how many where their helmet in 99 degree weather in FL?  You still wearing leathers and gloves? If you are hot or over heating are you riding as safe and as alert as you would be if you were comfortable?

I let conditions determine when I were a helmet when I have a choice.  Big city, heavy traffic I wear the lid.  Country roads, minimal traffic I do not.

As for others paying for my choices.....I doubt it.  I have very good insurance both medical and umbrella.  My will or living will is very specific.....pull the plug.

I have more than once had to pay for others choices.  Wife tee boned by an un insured motorist.   I was hit by a dui driver, with no liciense and no insurance.  How about all the under insured motorists.  I feel I pay every day for others lack of responsibility or choice.  I do with my insurance, coverage for under insured and un insured motorist. 
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  All

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 25 queries.