Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 2009 Sturgis Attendance  (Read 4308 times)

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
Re: 2009 Sturgis Attendance
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2009, 12:33:27 PM »

Nice bike. I bought the same exact one 2 weeks ago..............

Great choice, if you haven't already done so go to the new members page and introduce yourself....pictures are always welcome as well.

Weasels

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »

If you're going to go just the week ahead, why even go then.  Why not go some other time when you know there will be good weather and no residual rally congestion?  We found in Keystone that the room rates were not all that much better until Monday the following week.  They told me that if we didn't like their price, someone else will.  Now that there have a couple years of reduced activity on rooms, there may be some good deals during the rally week.

I agree. Just wondering what you guys do when you go the week before the rally. Going early seems wrong, what events are there. Is there hill climbs, drag races & and what bands go early. Just wondering.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »

I agree. Just wondering what you guys do when you go the week before the rally. Going early seems wrong, what events are there. Is there hill climbs, drag races & and what bands go early. Just wondering.

I've been a few times.....but never to the hill climbs, drag races or concerts.  Being from Sacramento, we have all three right here in our back yard.  I go for the ride.....the journey.....the adventure and not so much the destination. 

I've never gone the week before or the week after but I could see where some would be able to do all the rides in the area without so much congestion....visit the vendors still and even party with a fairly large group without the intense crowds of bike week.  Personally, I wish I had gone this year just to experience the diffrence in  much smaller crowd.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Weasels

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FLTRSE3
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2009, 06:30:47 PM »

The main reason I go is for the ride & to visit with friends from all over the USA. Haven't bought from vender's for about 5 years. Have stayed in the same campground for over 10 years and have meet a lot of people. We only go into town once, usually at night. Anyways, I can't imagine going the week before I would not get to see my friends. I have been there in June, weather is good and not crowded at all.

Hawg

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 06:45:08 PM »

Most of the vendors are there the week prior, pickings are good, no line ups, the highways are not as crowded, accommodations are cheaper, you then take in a couple of days of Sturgis week, and hit the highway and ride.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2009, 06:48:28 PM by Hawg »
Hawg
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.