Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Air Compresor OK to dry bike after wash?  (Read 11005 times)

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
Re: Air Compresor OK to dry bike after wash?
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2013, 05:31:54 PM »

Is it washing bike that causes corrosion in the gas tank?

I see a tiny rusty point when I remove my gas cap. It`s not inside the tank, but right there where`s no paint anymore..

Not really sure where you are talking about in the tank but you can help prevent corrosion issues from happening by topping off your fuel tank prior to parking it after a ride.  Especially if your bike sits for any extended periods of time between rides.  There are also some fuel additives available that address moisture in the fuel but again, the best thing is to keep your tank full. 
Jesus is Lord

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2013, 07:02:51 PM »

The best thing is not to use gasoline blended with ethanol....but we know that's difficult, so maybe a additive is in order, esp. if the gas sits in there for very long.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

dlaws01

• 1K CVO Member
  • Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulltion

• CVO1: 105th Anniversary FXSTSSE2
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2013, 07:35:00 PM »

If you are using ethanol fuel then there is an additive, Starbrite "Star Tron" Enzyme Fuel Treatment that available at most auto parts stores.  I know several people that use it because they don't live near any non-ethanol gas stations.  8oz. bottle treats 128 gallons of gas.  The other thing might be if you have a flush mounted fuel cap then a small bit of water could collect around the cap when you wash your bike and eventually get into the tank if you don't blow it out or soak it up prior to opening the cap.
Jesus is Lord
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 24 queries.