Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Author Topic: New Member HoggerCom Needs to Post and Introduce Himself!  (Read 4434 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
New Member HoggerCom Needs to Post and Introduce Himself!
« on: April 06, 2007, 12:04:33 PM »

I'd like to welcome my good friend/Brother Andy to the site. He goes by screen name HoggerCom. Andy and I have been riding together for years, but had lost touch with each other for the past few years. I spoke with him today and told him about this place. He registered this morning. He just picked up an '07 RK, to go along with his Softail Chopper. I'll let him tell you about it, but it's one cool Softail! It's nice to hook up with old friends and hear they're doing well. I'm looking forward to riding with him again. Welcome Bro and looking forward to seeing you again soon! Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

twincam

Re: New Member HoggerCom Needs to Post and Introduce Himself!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2007, 12:40:06 PM »

welcome Andy, fromAZ!!!

HogBreath

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2009 cvo roadglide
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO StreetKing
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2007, 12:43:27 PM »

Hoggercom,

My condolences on your friendship with Hoist. Just kidding, i consider Hoist a friend too, although we've not ey met. Welcome to the site! Give us a post and a picture of  the scooters!

HB
It's not the destination. It's the Journey.

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 09:51:05 PM »

Welcome hogger :2vrolijk_21:

jeffj

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Teach a man to swim, but not while he's drowning"

• CVO1: 2004 Orange Pearl and Jet Black FLHTCSE & 2002 Candy/Brandywine FLHRSEI
    • CVO2: 2006 Autumn Haze FLHTCUSE Sold - 11-11-12 Bought another 2006 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2003 Gold FLHRSEI2 Sold CVO4: 2002 Purple FLHRSEI Crashed
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 10:17:09 PM »

Andy,

Welcome aboard the CVO board

jeffj

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 10:18:54 PM »

Hoggercom,

My condolences on your friendship with Hoist. Just kidding, i consider Hoist a friend too, although we've not yet met. Welcome to the site! Give us a post and a picture of  the scooters!

HB

Andy, I could not have said it any better than Ken.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2007, 10:30:18 PM »

I'd like to welcome my good friend/Brother Andy to the site. He goes by screen name HoggerCom. Andy and I have been riding together for years, but had lost touch with each other for the past few years. I spoke with him today and told him about this place. He registered this morning. He just picked up an '07 RK, to go along with his Softail Chopper. I'll let him tell you about it, but it's one cool Softail! It's nice to hook up with old friends and hear they're doing well. I'm looking forward to riding with him again. Welcome Bro and looking forward to seeing you again soon! Hoist! 8)
Welcome HoggerCom glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21:

Howie I think I remember that Hogger.com used to be a website from NYC that I used to enjoy visiting. Is this one and the same person from that site? If I remember correctly it used to be a kick butt site w/lots of interesting stuff.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2007, 10:46:18 PM »

Welcome HoggerCom glad to have you join us. :2vrolijk_21:

Howie I think I remember that Hogger.com used to be a website from NYC that I used to enjoy visiting. Is this one and the same person from that site? If I remember correctly it used to be a kick butt site w/lots of interesting stuff.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

Absolutely right d00d! Andy started his own thing back then. He worked closely with writers from Iron Horse Magazine, now The Horse. More hardcore and chopper stuff. He was doing all these rallies then too, to promote the site. It was a lot of work trying to keep it going. Especially with older technology. You probably saw me in some pics back then. You wouldn't recognize me. I had hair! :vrolijk27: I think the domain is still active and looks like he might be resurrecting it. We did a lot of good hell riding together here, back in the day! ;) Hoist! 8)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 10:57:46 PM by Hoist »
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

HogDude

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: Gone-05 SEEG2(never should have let her go)
    • CVO2: 2013 CVO Road King
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2007, 12:30:26 AM »

Welcome aboard, Andy !

d o g o l s

• 1K CVO Member
  • *** ride save and have fun***

• CVO1: blue Thunder FLHTCUSE-4
    • CVO2: FLHTCUSE-2 black-orange-Jester
    • CVO3: 2008 FXDB black
    • Harley Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2007, 06:35:39 AM »

ANDY  WELCOME  ABOARD   :2vrolijk_21:

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2007, 12:30:13 PM »

Hello Andy,

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

I hope see the pics of your bike next time , because
 :worthless:

Best regards
 :vrolijk_26:  Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2007, 12:31:46 PM »

I'm making book on whether or not the guy Howie mentioned is or isn't really just his altered ego.

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2007, 03:36:12 PM »

I'm making book on whether or not the guy Howie mentioned is or isn't really just his altered ego.
Wow! Now thats some thinking outside the box. :yes:
WOODY

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2007, 03:46:52 PM »

Welcome Andy!

"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2007, 08:55:29 PM »

Welcome from down south the next home of Hoist ,He want,s to be a good old boy real bad ??? ??? ???

HoggerCom

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2007, 01:33:56 PM »

Holy crap. Thanks for the warm welcome, fellas.

And thanks, Hoist, for the introduction.

I feel a bit out of place here, of course, as I don't own any CVO models, however, Hoist tells me this is a pretty tight group of "real" people who hang here.  I definately dig that.

Yep, I've been riding basically the same bike for over 15 years.. (it started as a 93 FXSTC..) but it has evolved quite a bit since then.  I avoid referring to it as a "chopper" myself, as, by definition, it wouldn't necessarily qualify as one.. however when people see it, they do refer to it as that themselves.

(I'm very careful with my bike vernacular, considering my past involvement with the very 'passionate' hardcore chopper builders - ala Iron Horse, The Horse BC, etc)

But yep.. it's got the S&S Sidewinder 89" stroker kit installed, EV27 cam, S&S E, Dyna S ignition, mechanical advance.. the usual basic hop-up stuff for an Evo.   Of course, it's set up with some tall apes, suicide shift (since 1997 - one of Rick LaBriola's early versions, before he went into full production several years later), kick only, and painted flat black.

I've put close to 90,000 miles on it.. traveling over the past decade and a half through most of the East coast states, and a little bit out west. 

It's a great bike, however, after our last trip out to Sturgis last year, I developed some sores on my lower back (ass), which I craved some relief from.

That prompted me, after much thinking and debate, just this January, to purchase a new 2007 FLHRC to ease the pain of my frequent multi-state riding (two-up, albeit).  Seeing the road from a "touring bike" point of view is a refreshing change, as well.  It's a slightly different "feel", which I certainly have no objection to.

Honestly, I think the H-D's touring bikes these days are absolutely top-notch in reliability and quality. Coming from the "old school" way of thinking,  I am really impressed by the stuff the factory is putting out now.

And yep, I did the "usual" stuff to the Road King, Rinehart True Duals, Arlen Ness Big Sucker, and Power Commander III.    And for me, it runs great just like that.

Anyway, I'm very flattered that some of you may have remembered me from the Hogger.com days.   Very flattered indeed.   It was a good time back then.  Even though it is now currently defunct, me and the people involved always felt we were "pioneers" of sort,  in being one of the first online "web" based motorcycle magazines (who also contributed to print-publications).

There was a time back then we didn't even think it'd generate much interest... as the general thought was "what real biker knows how to use the internet, much less a computer?".

Remember.. this was 1998 or so.. home computers and the internet were still in their very early stages, and not such a common possession.

That's why we made the decision to bring it "live" to events, set up our booths, put some bikes on display, along with some of our very accomodating female models, and get the word out there..   that not only "geeks" use computers..

Look where we are today. Everyone is online.

I always feel slightly nostalgic, when I think of how we were there, in the beginning. (Hoist is actually a great witness to the entire thing, including behind the scenes, from the beginning to end..)

Fast forward to today...

Who knows.. Perhaps Hogger.Com will be back.  I'll never relinquish that domain name... so.. perhaps.. just maybe.. One day...   ;)

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome. I'm looking forward to contributing what I can to this board, and of course, maybe even meeting some of you on the road for real.  (Hoist tells me he's got some sort of trip planned in the coming weeks.. well.. so do I! Perhaps we'll mix it up a bit, and get to share some of the trips together..)

-Andy "Hogger" Hoffer

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2007, 02:47:59 PM »

Welcome to the site Andy.  We won't hold it against you that you know Howie.  Everybody has some skeletons in their closest.  8)  Just kidding, I feel like Howie and I are already brothers and haven't even met in person yet.   Kick back and enjoy the site...lots of great people and information here.
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
  :devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2007, 03:35:47 PM »

Andy,
Welcome to the site from Virginia.  Any friend of Howie's is a friend of mine!  Like Red, I haven't met him yet either, but sure seems like I know him already.  Great people on this site.  Look forward to your input.
TC

bisounours

• SMF Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2007, 04:57:54 PM »

Good afternoon Andy "Hogger" Hoffer

I send you the  :welcome_005: from FRANCE.

But  :worthless: of your bike  :2vrolijk_21:

Best regards

:vrolijk_26: Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2007, 05:37:24 PM »

Welcome to the site Andy!

Great people here and lots of info!

All the best!

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2007, 05:52:57 PM »

Hey Andy and welcome to the site. Any friend of Howie is a :oops: anyway we won't hold that against you. Good background for this group. Can't wait to read some of your posts. :2vrolijk_21:
WOODY

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2007, 03:04:46 PM »

Wow, great intro from Howie and a quick bio from HoggerCom.  A Great big CVO Welcome to one of the best motorcycle interest web forums on the internet today.  You will fit right in, I feel it already.   :huepfenjump3:  :cherry:

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2007, 04:11:25 PM »

Welcome Andy,

Good to have you with us.  Your only a few thousand posts behind you bud Howie, so you better get busy.   :D

Ride Safe,
Ghost

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

• CVO1: 2012 SE7 (10/15/11)
    • CVO2: 2007 UC-110 SE
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »

Welcome Hogger! Any friend of Hoist , OK I will let you slide on that one :2vrolijk_21:

IronButt

REGGAB

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 02:45:54 AM »

Hello and welcome to CVO Harley!!
Pages: 1 2 [All]

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.