Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Greetings from the lone star state  (Read 3175 times)

Ghost Rider

• 1K CVO Member
  • EBCM # WHORE

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Kermit
    • CVO2: 2015 Victory Ness Magnum #31 of 299
    • CVO3: 2013 Can-Am Spyder RTS
Re: Greetings from the lone star state
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2007, 04:14:09 PM »

Welcome,

We're glad you joined us.

Ride Safe (whichever bike you chose).
Ghost

skippy

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2007, 05:35:56 PM »

Welcome from NC :2vrolijk_21:

IronButt

• Banned
  • Senior CVO Member
  • HOME LAND SECURITY!

• CVO1: 2012 SE7 (10/15/11)
    • CVO2: 2007 UC-110 SE
    • CVO3: 1965 FLH
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2007, 05:44:19 PM »

I have been lurking for a few days now. This site has informed and entertained me. After many years
on Gold Wings and numerous sport bikes I have been bitten by the Harley bug. I went with my friend
to a dealership just to humor him. He has been in love with the Heritage for about a year. I had set
my sights on a Yamaha FJR. Didn't want a new Barcolounger, and the Honda ST1300 didn't appeal
to me. I sat on a bunch of different bikes with him and admired the workmanship, but found the
riding positions to foreign to me. I tried the Electra Glide and found it cramped and the front felt
heavy. Then, I sat on a Road Glide. It felt like the riding position of my old 1982 Gold Wing. The
frame mounted fairing was perfect. Seating was great, and the floorboards sat right where I wanted
them. The cobalt blue or black cherry seemed to call my name. Then I saw a 2001 SERG. Black cherry
with all the bells and whistles. So now my dilemma. Buy a 2007 and build it, or a used SERG and play
with the transmission and motor a bit? I am new to HD but have been a motorhead for all of my life.
The amount of goodies on the SERG is amazing. So, can I make a used bird run with the 2007 pack?
And is it worth the effort? Opinions and thoughts are requested. My thoughts on either bike are to
go with an air cleaner, high flow exhaust, a 103 kit, and the Thundermax Autotune system.

J.B.
Lonestarmedic
San Antonio, Texas
Paramedic, retired Fire Captain

Welcome JB,
 I decided to build my own SCVO( Steven's CVO) on a 07 platform. I could not see spending 38,000.00 and then start the tweeking and add 10,000 more = 48,000.00. Currently I am at around 33,000 and can keep up with the pack  ;D  Still more to do. When finished I will be around 42/43,000.00 and have a full custom Mike Levalie paint job. It is fun to do your own, but I cant blame anyone for wanting a CVO they are very niccccccccccccccee :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

IronButt

rubaga

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2010 SESG
    • CVO2: 08 SERK Anniversary
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 05:42:49 PM »

Welcome aboard lonestarmedic!

Puzzled

• Vendor
  • 5k CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO2: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Road Glide Custom (SOLD)
    • CVO3: 2001 FLTRSEI2 Road Glide (SOLD)
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2007, 07:58:21 AM »

I have been lurking for a few days now. This site has informed and entertained me. After many years
on Gold Wings and numerous sport bikes I have been bitten by the Harley bug. I went with my friend
to a dealership just to humor him. He has been in love with the Heritage for about a year. I had set
my sights on a Yamaha FJR. Didn't want a new Barcolounger, and the Honda ST1300 didn't appeal
to me. I sat on a bunch of different bikes with him and admired the workmanship, but found the
riding positions to foreign to me. I tried the Electra Glide and found it cramped and the front felt
heavy. Then, I sat on a Road Glide. It felt like the riding position of my old 1982 Gold Wing. The
frame mounted fairing was perfect. Seating was great, and the floorboards sat right where I wanted
them. The cobalt blue or black cherry seemed to call my name. Then I saw a 2001 SERG. Black cherry
with all the bells and whistles. So now my dilemma. Buy a 2007 and build it, or a used SERG and play
with the transmission and motor a bit? I am new to HD but have been a motorhead for all of my life.
The amount of goodies on the SERG is amazing. So, can I make a used bird run with the 2007 pack?
And is it worth the effort? Opinions and thoughts are requested. My thoughts on either bike are to
go with an air cleaner, high flow exhaust, a 103 kit, and the Thundermax Autotune system.

J.B.
Lonestarmedic
San Antonio, Texas
Lonestarmedic welcome to CVO Harley.

That is a tough decision you have to make. I like the SERG and for the difference in coin I'd add what ever I thought the bike may lack in comparison to the standard 07. As for power I own two 95" motors. One is a 105hp 104tq motor that from what I've seen is putting more to the pavement than some of the 103's ;D, my little 95" is right around a stock 103" for power. As for the 96", like all motors there is potential there. If your into wrenching and building what you ride, start with a bare bones bike or an older bike and build away. If your the kind who buys what they ride and that is it than hold out for a new SE. Either way good luck with your decision.
2023 CVO Road Glide
2003 Rigid Springer Chopper "Puzzle" Bike 26"

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2007, 06:05:12 PM »

Welcome aboard Texas .. lots of new members joining from there!
CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

skyglide

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHXSE (concord)
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2007, 06:06:10 PM »

Welcome :2vrolijk_21:

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2007, 09:12:39 PM »

Enjoy the site and Welcome...

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 12:37:27 PM »

JB,
Welcome to the site from VA.  Enjoy!
TC

REGGAB

« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2007, 02:30:03 AM »

J.B.
Lonestarmedic
San Antonio, Texas
Hello and welcome to CVO Harley!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 21 queries.