Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 01 FLTRSEI2 CD CHANGER  (Read 2384 times)

HDBIGMAN

• THE ROAD GOES ON FOREVER
01 FLTRSEI2 CD CHANGER
« on: September 16, 2004, 05:24:48 PM »

I was wondering if anyone else with the factory CD changer has had any luck getting to use it, the factory has updated the system once shortly after I took delivery in May 2001.
The CD skips every time you run over a small bump, rock any imperection in the road surface makes the CD changer unuseable. This past spring the entire changer went dead and my dealer removed the unit and shipped it to the manufacture to be repaired that took about 5 weeks and when they put it back in it was still dead so the dealer ordered a module (about another 7 weeks) this time and that took care of the power problem. Fortunately I had purchased the extended warranty and it only cost me the $50.00 deductible but I still have the problem of the disc skipping, I'd love yto put the new MP3 unit that Harley has out for 05 but they don't offer a unit that is compatible with a Harley that is equipped with the CD changer system from the factory. I assume they will come out with a unit that is compatible at some point in time or I could change out the chitch housing on my bike..... but that's a pain in the ass! Anyone else had the same problem or any suggestions?

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: 01 FLTRSEI2 CD CHANGER
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 08:14:58 AM »

At one point we had a person from Radio Sound (they make HD radios) on this board(think her name was Teresa) maybe she would have an answer for you.  Think it was in the thread rear speakers.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

avenger122

• Live to Glide Glide to Live
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 08:52:07 AM »

Please keep us posted on how you make out as I have the same problem.  If fact my springs have collapsed and the whole unit just bounces around inside the case.  

garya1

• Full CVO Member
  • 2015 CVORG and a host of others
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 09:39:31 AM »

Ok guys; my favorite subject! I have a couple of other posts on this site and on this subject.

1) There are "anti-skip springs in the HD changer, if one breaks, the unit skips. I finally pulled my unit out of the bike after having it "fixed" 3 times by the factory, along WITH the HD head unit. If anyone is instersted, I will sell BOTH, in working condition for $200.

2) With the head unit and trunk changer gone you can:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2004, 09:46:26 AM by garya1 »
I have had a passion to ride since age 10 when Dad told me I would NEVER have a motorcycle!

avenger122

• Live to Glide Glide to Live
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2004, 08:58:09 AM »

Gary:

I would like to buy the CD changer if you do want to sell it.  It would be cheaper than fixing my old one.

Drop me a note @ avenger122@hotmail.com

Thanks

Page created in 0.137 seconds with 21 queries.