Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just Purchased an '01 FLTRSEI2  (Read 2770 times)

bluesei2

• HD4me
Just Purchased an '01 FLTRSEI2
« on: January 17, 2005, 08:28:57 PM »

Late last week, I was fortunate to locate (and purchase) an '01 FLTRSEI2 whilst having the 7500 mile service done on my FLSTF  [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]!  In researching the bike, I luckily found this forum and the wealth of information the members have created.  Thanks to all for the good info  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]!

The dealer I bought the bike from has sold it new and was pretty familar with it.  From what I've gleened from all the information I've read, I believe the bike is generally complete except for a missing rider backrest (it appears some members think they are not very comfortable anyway   [smiley=nixweiss.gif]), the strap for the seat and a special SERG cover.  The dealer is contacting the original owner to see if they still have these, otherwise, I may be heading back to the "selling" listings  [smiley=laugh.gif].

I am interested in any general specs on this model (e.g. mods that comprise the SEI2 package. along with "stock" HP rating, etc.) and anything in the way of marketing brochure materials available.

THANKS TO ALL,

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re: Just Purchased an '01 FLTRSEI2
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 09:43:50 PM »

Welcome Blue -Great find on the new cycle I,ve got lots of stock straps let me know where  and I,ll send you one . -AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

bluesei2

• HD4me
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 11:30:51 PM »

Thanks AK.. [smiley=beerchug.gif]

bluesei2

• HD4me
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 10:46:56 AM »

Still trying to figure out EXACTLY what the factory SE Stage II includes on this bike.  Does the following sound about right (from the SERK forum)?

Flat Top Pistons 22851-99A
Big Bore Cylinders 16546-99
SE-203 Cam Kit 25937-99B
and possibly
Quick-Install Adjustable Pushrods 17997-99A

I'd like to get a little more "sound" out it (and maybe a little more performance) and for my first modifications thought I might go with a SE air-cleaner and different mufflers.   Will I have to change the EFI calbration?   What is it likely to be now?  

Also find that it appears to run a little rough in the cold weather 35f- ish.  Any adjustments to address this?  Sorry, but my first experience with EFI [smiley=confused5.gif] .  

Cheers

mfgreen

Page created in 0.393 seconds with 24 queries.