Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CD Changer  (Read 2147 times)

avenger122

• Live to Glide Glide to Live
CD Changer
« on: July 20, 2004, 07:34:03 PM »

Has anyone else had thier CD changer come loose and start bouncing around inside the case?  I went to load mine the other day and I could not get it to eject.  When I looked closer it was just floating around loose.  I spoke to my mechanic today and he seemed to remember a recall on them when they first came out.  Does anyone know anything about this?  I would appreciate the help.

Eagle_Rider

• 80K Miles and still Screaming
Re: CD Changer
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 01:13:29 AM »

HD was willing to replace the original CD units in the 01 Sei2s due to mostly a skip problem. Mine has been replaced 3 times.  If the cartridge will not eject you may want to try to hold the eject button down for about 10 seconds.  That sends a reset to the unit and will sometimes cure the non-eject problem and release the cartridge.  Also there is a little pin hole in the control FOB that allows you to reset all of the CD electronics.  This is explained in the SEI2 manual.  If there is a disc jammed in the changer you may have to remove the unit completely to get to the mechanics.

tony1968

• Full CVO Member
  • SEI2
Re: CD Changer
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 11:39:30 PM »

I heard there is a recall, mine is in the closet I took it out because I dont use it. The same cd changer is sold at best buy as a JVC...

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 21 queries.