Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best low profile seat??  (Read 4873 times)

STL RYDER

Best low profile seat??
« on: May 13, 2014, 10:14:58 AM »

I'm looking for the lowest seat I can get for a 2012 CVO Streetglide. I have a Corbin and it doesn't have a deep enough pocket and I feel like i'm sliding off the back. Plus I would like to have a backrest which Corbin did not offer with my seat.

Driver30

Re: Best low profile seat??
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 10:50:15 AM »

I went with a Mustang seat.  Lowered me 1/2" or so and moved me a touch forward.  I love it and it has a back rest.

-G-

Arthur

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 12:37:57 PM »

Mustang Wide Tripper Diamond Pattern - love it!
2013 FLTRXSE2Ann

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 03:16:51 PM »

Come on Arthur. Some of us nosy folks would like to see the rest of your garage as what you showed looks real nice, meaning the floor and something black in the back of the picture. :2vrolijk_21:

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2014, 05:19:26 PM »

Come on Arthur. Some of us nosy folks would like to see the rest of your garage as what you showed looks real nice, meaning the floor and something black in the back of the picture. :2vrolijk_21:

Yeah come on Arthur! Let's see that BEAUTIFUL '57 Chevy!  :bananarock:

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

Arthur

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 01:11:23 PM »

Here's the Chevy and You are both right - she is a beauty! I have to disappoint You though - she was next to my stand at a Car Show I was invited to with my bike... 650 hp and more than 900 nm... I wish it was my Garage :-)
2013 FLTRXSE2Ann

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 03:29:51 PM »

Here's the Chevy and You are both right - she is a beauty! I have to disappoint You though - she was next to my stand at a Car Show I was invited to with my bike... 650 hp and more than 900 nm... I wish it was my Garage :-)

Wow that 57 is just plain gorgeous!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2014, 07:50:06 AM »

If you're still looking for a seat, I will be putting my C&C set up for sale sometime over the weekend.  I traded my 12 CVO SG and that it was it came off of.  Solo seat, rider backrest, passenger pillion and sissy bar pad.  Flame stitching, leather with faux sharkskin inserts.  After I take pics, it will be in the for sale section.

Kilaani

• Scarlett - The Bike On Fire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • CVOH! My Scarlett built 3-13-12, & arrived 6-1-12
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2014, 09:29:12 AM »

If you're still looking for a seat, I will be putting my C&C set up for sale sometime over the weekend.  I traded my 12 CVO SG and that it was it came off of.  Solo seat, rider backrest, passenger pillion and sissy bar pad.  Flame stitching, leather with faux sharkskin inserts.  After I take pics, it will be in the for sale section.

That's likely to be a great deal. I sold near to the same configuration when my husband upgraded to a RG. C&C has made decent seats. Dave and Chuck are solid guys.
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2014, 09:31:29 AM »

Mustang Wide Tripper Diamond Pattern - love it!

Have to say, my husband upgraded to this from the C&C - adjustable backrest while riding....priceless. C&C has bad design on their backrest, most you can do is up and down, not back and forth. That is a boo for me. This diamond stitch is great looking!
My first & last CVO, Scarlett, arrived 6-1-12. I always remember my mom while riding.  She had smarts with a spirit of independence & adventure. "You Gotta LIVE!", was her motto; her favorite color red, and she loved BLING.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2014, 09:42:01 AM »

Take a look at the Mustang Low Down. I have a very good friend that is very vertical challenged and he loves the seat, his wife likes it pretty well also if you are a 2 up rider. If I remember right it drops you like 1 1/2" and moves you forward like an inch.
Most great stores start with a bad decision

FLTRCVO

• Senior CVO Member
  • pnw_cvfltrse_dom_c38_sws_w1024
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2014, 10:05:48 PM »

Call Christine at LePera 818-767-5110, she will make it exactly as you desire. She will send you the seat to try during the production process to make sure it's what you need.

tpb857

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2022 CVO Tri Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 CVO Street Glide (traded)
    • CVO3: 2014 CVO Limited (sold)
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2014, 07:41:15 AM »

Have to say, my husband upgraded to this from the C&C - adjustable backrest while riding....priceless. C&C has bad design on their backrest, most you can do is up and down, not back and forth. That is a boo for me. This diamond stitch is great looking!

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the backrest.  Mine cannot be adjusted up and down.  You can adjust it front to rear.  It's not much of an adjustment, but a little actual does a lot.  I've had a lot of aftermarket "top shelf" seats, the C&C has been the best so far and their customer service can't be beat.  I would be saying that even if I wasn't going to put my seating setup up for sale.

Kilaani

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2014, 03:43:23 PM »

I'm not quite sure what you mean about the backrest.  Mine cannot be adjusted up and down.  You can adjust it front to rear.  It's not much of an adjustment, but a little actual does a lot.  I've had a lot of aftermarket "top shelf" seats, the C&C has been the best so far and their customer service can't be beat.  I would be saying that even if I wasn't going to put my seating setup up for sale.
I love Dave & Chuck, and my seat has been great, no monkey butt. I do wish the backrest were different --- it hasn't been very adjustable at all. I can pull it up and out, you are right, it doesn't adjust that way up & down. I haven't gotten it to adjust front to rear very much. My husband's new mustang backrest moves with him, I like that about his seat better than C&C's.

Page created in 0.158 seconds with 25 queries.