Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: first ride of the year  (Read 9892 times)

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
Re: first ride of the year
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 01:12:14 PM »

or do you mean the Line under my pic?

A frind of mine and his wife were on their 96 Fatboy...  A guy pulls up on his bike and says to my friend, "Hey, is that a Fatboy?"  Withough blinking my buddy replies: "No, it's my wife."  Needless to say, he got nothing that night!
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2004, 02:38:32 PM »

again....WOW!

haaa
Welcome aboard

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2004, 03:01:39 PM »

Avatar...another name for the pic under the user name...

Avatar is the name for a picture (usually animated and not a real photograph) such as mine, under your user name.  If it's an actual photograph then it's tecnically a user photograph although many still refer to them as avatars.

In response to your little slogan.......looks like you're not gonna get any for a long time.....if your lady sees this board. [smiley=laugh.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

skull

• Full CVO Member
  • "Getter Dunn"
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2004, 04:03:36 PM »

Friday, March 19th and it is very sunny in Pittsburgh.  The air is cold but it feels great in the sun.  I uncovered the Deuce, backed it into the driveway and thought I would start it up to let her run for a bit (I know some say it is not good to just let the bike run).  I was just dying to do something.  Well, then I threw a leg over and rolled the throttle a bit, next thing you know I was engaging the clutch and putting her in 1st gear.  Went up and back in the driveway a few times and before you knew it, I was riding through every cul-da-sac in the neighborhood.  Just a light sweatshirt and no gloves.  Well, it did feel good just to be moving on the bike, even though I never got out of 2nd gear, but then reality set in...  My hands were numb!  Wow, when the air is cold, it does not take long!  Back in the garage she goes.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2004, 05:39:05 PM »

Avatar is the name for a picture (usually animated and not a real photograph) such as mine, under your user name.

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2004, 05:40:49 PM »

Friday, March 19th and it is very sunny in Pittsburgh.

Doc

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCSE Black and Blue
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2004, 04:11:10 PM »

Gotta love fairings....hahaha

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2004, 09:49:24 PM »

Well, I did it--backed the lady out of the garage last night and fired her up--what a nice sound after so long. Isn't that something--a grown man fires up a bike and immediately says under his breath "Oh yeah!" with a quiet reserve. Oh, she coughed and hesitated a bit as I headed up the street, letting me know that she was put-off by the taste of that fuel stabelizer along with my ignoring her for the last few months. She soon warmed up nice and we were off together (See what I mean--who the hell talks like this?). Well, I putted around town for two solid hours staying clear of those nasty sand traps looming so close by. Had my new riding boots on, the new windvest windshield, new Shoie X-11, and the sundowner seat to try out. I would have tried out my gerbing stuff if it
« Last Edit: April 07, 2004, 09:55:07 PM by psychodeuce »

starvin

« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2004, 10:07:35 PM »

glad to hear you had a good first ride psycho, visibility is always a problem with face shields. I started using yellow tinted googles last year and can't believe how good they work at nite. We just got back from a little ride too. ya gatta love it. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2004, 11:39:01 PM »

Somehow, I just knew you'd find neutral with no problem.  Think we'll move you to the head of the class. [smiley=laugh.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2004, 07:26:48 AM »

glad to hear your first ride went well, now that the weather is starting to turn better we need to meet up and do some ridin.......
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

BIKER77

• HARLEYS FOREVER
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2004, 09:21:21 AM »

Ya-no boys, if you would move your yankee butts down here to the great state of TEXAS, you could ride nearly year round. Whats fuel stabilizer anyhow? Why we haven't seen any white stuff in years. And the women.......................... [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Road_Hog

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2004, 10:04:56 AM »

He Psyco, congrats!  Don't waste your money on the heal rests unless you get the extended forward controls...you won't use them especially if your over 5'11".  If you want to get a feel how the forward controls will feel...go and sit on a wide glide, they're a bit farther up.  With the extensions the heal rests are perfect..... [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

the O`Fender

• Elite CVO Member
  • On the Dragon
« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2004, 03:58:01 PM »

I think everyone should hook up!! how bout June in Laconia!!!! We can run the kankamangus canyon!! Gods Country!! Can't wait... [smiley=beerchug.gif]
2020 Scorched Orange Limited

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2004, 01:14:51 AM »

glad to hear you had a good first ride psycho, visibility is always a problem with face shields. I started using yellow tinted googles last year and can't believe how good they work at nite. We just got back from a little ride too. ya gatta love it. [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

I brought back the Shoie, ordered a Arai yesterday. Told them about my expereince with Shoie, and they say their helmt will not do that. They did say perhaps on a muggy summer rainy day the shield will have problems--but not cold riding like I did. We'll see. The Arai also had a "crack open" setting on the shield..the Shoie had a ratchet mechanism that had it's first position as a 1.5 inch open gap!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 01:15:57 AM by psychodeuce »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.238 seconds with 21 queries.