Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: first ride of the year  (Read 9888 times)

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
Re: first ride of the year
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2004, 01:23:03 AM »

He Psyco, congrats!

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2004, 01:28:16 AM »

I think everyone should hook up!! how bout June in Laconia!!!! We can run the kankamangus canyon!! Gods Country!! Can't wait... [smiley=beerchug.gif]

Wow! Kangamankus Highway! That might be one heck of a ride--as far as I can remember--quite a twisty turner! We used to head down that road from Long lake in Maine to go swimming in the Kangamankus river! Nice idea! I might head up solo the first weekend I'm in Maine as I get my "Road legs" so to speak.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2004, 01:37:55 AM by psychodeuce »

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2004, 01:29:53 AM »

Whats fuel stabilizer anyhow? [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

I think it helps keep the bike's center of gravity in tight turns!

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2004, 01:37:14 AM »

glad to hear your first ride went well, now that the weather is starting to turn better we need to meet up and do some ridin.......

What do you have in mind Naitram. A group ride sounds a bit distracting and intimidating right now. Two sounds OK. Keep in mind, I did the commute daily from NH to Franciscan Children's Hospital in Boston for a year! What a freakin' nightmare Rte. 128! Never again! I often was unsure I'd get there/home alive on many occasions in my cager! So, getting me down that-a-way at this point on my two-wheeler riding career is unlikely!  

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2004, 01:42:27 AM »

Somehow, I just knew you'd find neutral with no problem.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2004, 08:15:30 AM »

What do you have in mind Naitram. A group ride sounds a bit distracting and intimidating right now. Two sounds OK. Keep in mind, I did the commute daily from NH to Franciscan Children's Hospital in Boston for a year! What a freakin' nightmare Rte. 128! Never again! I often was unsure I'd get there/home alive on many occasions in my cager! So, getting me down that-a-way at this point on my two-wheeler riding career is unlikely!
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2004, 12:53:39 PM »

had another first ride today, got my softail out and running finally. it looked like this a few weeks ago

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2004, 12:54:47 PM »

and this

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2004, 11:16:39 PM »

Good grief, and I think I'm cool when I take the seat off and hook up the battery tender and gerbing wiring harnesses! To the untrained eye (my wife and kids), with the seat off and wires hanging there I can get away with saying "Yeah, I needed to break the bike down a bit to do some mods! I'll be in to help with the house cleaning in a few hours." Hey, I get to feel cool and they......well, they just roll their eyes. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2004, 11:26:13 PM »

get together on a saturday or sunday morning ,and do the meet and greet thing over some breakfast, then go from there a ride would be secondary to finally getting to meet ya

Sounds good. But I'm not yet ready to graduate myself from the local roads just yet. Seems I'm willing to take much more chances with my surfing than my riding. I'm not pleased with my recent riding performance--mostly in the area of slow speed close turning from 40 mph roads (with cars behind me--pressure) unto side roads (with cars at the intersection trying to pull out) with only one half of the side road to make the 90 degree turn. Instead of slowly rolling on the throttle into the turn, I'm coasting thru the turn while breaking! Good grief! What the hell! When I try to break the habit (in the evening when no-one on roads) when practicing, I swing wide with throttle and no brake every time. I other words had a car been there I would have been in their back seat!  [smiley=nixweiss.gif] I'm getting there!    

h2oski

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2004, 11:36:19 PM »

Just trying to help here, but if you are coming out of a turn to wide you may need to concentrate more on what your head and eyes are doing.  If you look through the turn to where you want to be when you come out you will end up there.  Your bike will follow exactly where you are looking.  If you are looking at the shoulder or the center line that is where you will end up.  Just keep practicing and your confidence level will build.  Next thing you know you will be hitting those curvy roads with a hand full of throttle leaving all of those cars in your dust. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2004, 08:52:25 AM »

Sounds good. But I'm not yet ready to graduate myself from the local roads just yet. Seems I'm willing to take much more chances with my surfing than my riding. I'm not pleased with my recent riding performance--mostly in the area of slow speed close turning from 40 mph roads (with cars behind me--pressure) unto side roads (with cars at the intersection trying to pull out) with only one half of the side road to make the 90 degree turn. Instead of slowly rolling on the throttle into the turn, I'm coasting thru the turn while breaking! Good grief! What the hell! When I try to break the habit (in the evening when no-one on roads) when practicing, I swing wide with throttle and no brake every time. I other words had a car been there I would have been in their back seat!

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2004, 11:01:55 PM »

Just trying to help here, but if you are coming out of a turn to wide you may need to concentrate more on what your head and eyes are doing.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2004, 11:11:27 PM by psychodeuce »

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2004, 11:09:14 PM »

not a problem i can come up to you we're not much more than an hour apart

You know, mornings should be fine--especially a Sunday. Lets pick a spot in Southern NH (I'm assuming off 93). Although I think 95-495-128 roads are equally deserted on Sunday mornings--think I'll avoid them for the time being anyways. I'll see whats there.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2004, 07:27:21 AM »

already got plans this sunday and i'm in baltimore the weekend after, lets shoot for Sun May 2.  exit 4 of 93 in londenderry has a cracker barrell resteraunt we could meet there only 2-3 exits from manch. or you could take rt 28 down to londenderry let me know what ya think

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.147 seconds with 21 queries.