Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: first ride of the year  (Read 9890 times)

rturn2mow

• HOG
Re: first ride of the year
« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2004, 10:40:27 AM »

Psycho, something you might want to consider is an experienced rider course. Its a one day thing. They are good for breaking bad habits and for pointing things out you might not have realized. Most everyone can get on a bike and go but it doesnt mean they do it right. The course will show you how to ride properly. One thing I learned is just what you had happen, looking through turns. h2oski was right on with his assesment. Just my 2 cents.
Rick
'04 Ultra
'02 FLHRCI w/Big Bore HO kit w/SE Peformance Heads, flat top forged pistons, SE257 cams, SE Race tuner, Kerker pipes, SE adjustable pushrods, high performance clutch, SE springs, touring oil cooler and lotsa chrome.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2004, 01:03:43 PM »

I concur......it would be money well spent and you'll be able to enjoy the ride with much more confidence.

It's not like surfing Psycho........you don't get to fall off and keep getting back on, too many times. [smiley=confused5.gif]
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 01:04:41 PM by JCZ »
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2004, 02:18:37 PM »

Psycho, something you might want to consider is an experienced rider course. Its a one day thing. They are good for breaking bad habits and for pointing things out you might not have realized. Most everyone can get on a bike and go but it doesnt mean they do it right. The course will show you how to ride properly. One thing I learned is just what you had happen, looking through turns. h2oski was right on with his assesment. Just my 2 cents.
                                                                                                                                                 HOG has or had a plan where you sign up for beginner or advanced riding course cost me  $65.00 after completing advanced class i was give $65.00 store credit at local harley shop info should be in hog tales fyi-ak

,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

WFP

• WoeFully Pathetic!
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2008 Maggie Valley GTG

• CVO1: WFP-2003 FXSTDSE
    • CVO2: WFP2-2014 FLHTKSE
« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2004, 02:41:41 PM »

My wife learned to ride last summer but she did not put many miles on, <100.  She knew she would be rusty this spring and even last summer never quite got comfortable with her Honda wannabe.

On 4/4, she took a new offering, an intermediate course at Ironstone ventures here in MA.  The idea is to give some more riding time before sending the new rider onto the streets.  What they did was take the one day experienced rider course, remove the class work and allow the riders to use the 125s and 250s of the beginner class.  Basically, 5 hours of riding.

This was the best thing she could do!  This weekend will be her first back on her own bike but she already has 5 hours in the saddle.

Later this summer, we will try to take the advanced course together.

/Bill
Finally have ridden a Harley in all 50 US States!

Canadian Provinces NOT travelled in or through by Motorcycle (YET!!!):

psycho

• Senior CVO Member
  • Surfer/Biker Dude
« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2004, 06:29:10 PM »

I agree with all you guys on the courses. I tool the basic rider course and that was great. They also have both the intermediate and avanced courses here in NH. The intermediate uses the 250's and the advanced is on your own bike. The advanced incorporates real life traffic type things with special circumstances. I plan on taking the intermediate first. However, I wanted to get some miles under my belt first. So I'm thinking the intermediate by summer end and then perhaps advanced next year.

Somehow I don't think this will be the last time I'm lookin to you guys on technical riding  matters. So I think I'll start a generic thread on "Technical Riding Guidance" and post my stuff there. Seems I might be one of the few, if not the only true newby, on this site. I mean how many people who have never ridden before start off with a CVO for crying out loud! Trust me, I gave that some thought! Oh well, I guess I tend to not follow the crowd.  
« Last Edit: April 16, 2004, 06:36:31 PM by psychodeuce »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.218 seconds with 21 queries.