Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Looking for CVO info  (Read 3738 times)

Switchblade

Looking for CVO info
« on: February 28, 2004, 02:53:44 PM »

Since I have had my FXDWG2, I have been looking for more information on CVO bikes.  Other than what

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: Looking for CVO info
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 03:34:34 PM »

Since I have had my FXDWG2, I have been looking for more information on CVO bikes.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Switchblade

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 04:42:35 PM »

JCZ, thanks for the reply and I certainly do agree this site has more CVO info than any other I have found.  Writing to Harley might not be a bad idea or maybe someone who writes for a bike magazine or publishes motorcycle books might take up the cause.  

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2004, 08:52:20 AM »

Harley has the info as to how many bike are produced,  How many demo, promotional, and production bikes where built.  Am freinds with the regional hog guy was going to check when production was done to see how many SEEG where actually produced.  Other than that keep your eyes open when attending big rallies as rumor is the guy in charge of CVO production goes to 2or 3 rallies a year to look at CVO bikes and talk to owner of said bikes.  Also been told he carries special CVO badges to give away to owners.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Switchblade

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 10:22:49 AM »

I have taken JCZ's advise and I have written to Harley.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2004, 10:25:30 AM by Switchblade »

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2004, 11:01:01 AM »

Thanks Switchblade, for your efforts.  I, for one, appreciate it. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

Switchblade

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2004, 07:17:14 AM »

Thanks, JCZ for your feedback, it is appreciated!

If anyone has any facts or points of interest or ideas to start building a database on these great motorcycles send them in.

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2004, 07:27:34 AM »

Switchblade,

thats the main idea behind this web site, to become single best source of "Valid" CVO information on the internet. keep up the good work [smiley=drink.gif]
« Last Edit: March 05, 2004, 10:19:51 AM by naitram »
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Bikrtrsh

• Junior CVO Member
  • Never thought I'd be on a bagger!
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2004, 10:05:11 AM »

Thanks, JCZ for your feedback, it is appreciated!

If anyone has any facts or points of interest or ideas to start building a database on these great motorcycles send them in.

I've been working on getting as much info as I can. I do have the contacts, but getting info is tough. People are afraid of losing their job by telling stuff the MoCo wanted to keep secret. The problem is there is nothing that says what's OK and what isn't and it sux to find out the hard way! BUT ....... the wheels are turning and it's going thru channels. It's at least some consolation that the stuff we get will be coming straight from the horses mouth. Well, maybe HOG'S mouth in this case. Just give me some time, I'll come back with something! [smiley=curtain.gif] HD is just painfully slow about absolutely everything.

Mark

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2004, 11:59:41 AM »

I have some "limited" information coming from the factory in a week or so.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2004, 12:06:53 PM by JCZ »

West Coast GTG   

Switchblade

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2004, 03:04:13 PM »

JCZ,  That's good news any information out of the factory will be good to have.  I am not too optomistic that my letter will generate much information if any at all.  I checked out those links, WOW... when will these hit the 50K asking price?  I have done many searches using "CVO" as well many of the specific models and have not found much info but it bought me to this site and that has been a good thing.

starvin

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2004, 05:02:18 PM »

$42,500 Canadian is about $31,000US so it's not too far out of line.

Switchblade

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2004, 08:08:46 PM »

You're right!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 07:10:23 AM by Switchblade »

Switchblade

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2004, 03:50:01 PM »

I came across the following links that may be of interest to some of you.  The first is a short article on the 2002 CVO motorcycles, although the article lists them as 2001.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/automotive/motor_cycles/2001/9/cash_n_carry_customs/

The next link is to a 15 page analysis of Harley Davidson compiled by five different individuals possibly for a College Business Course project.  There is a mention of the Custom Vehicle Operation but I don

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 22 queries.